mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Jenson USA pricematch not working?

I am trying to get Jenson to pricematch xt br m785 brakes from nashbar for 111.99 but I click submit it then says please wait and then nothing. Am I just doing it wrong or is it just too cheap? I thought I read other people got this deal.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    They won't price match Bluesky. I even tried to pricematch for Jensons OE stuff and got the standard response of how Bluesky is OE even though Jenson's XT crankset was OE too.

Plan #123-D
    Quote Originally Posted by ffc3 View Post
    They won't price match Bluesky. I even tried to pricematch for Jensons OE stuff and got the standard response of how Bluesky is OE even though Jenson's XT crankset was OE too.
    This happened to me 5 minutes ago.
    C'mon lets go for a whirl.

Rogue Exterminator
    Why not just buy it from Nashbar? They are a good reputable shop?

This is not the first time I have heard of Jenson price matching problems.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Why not just buy it from Nashbar? They are a good reputable shop?

This is not the first time I have heard of Jenson price matching problems.
    Well I'm in SoCal and thought I might save on shipping by picking my order up, plus I thought Nashbar had an iffy reputation? If I buy from them am I getting brand new factory sealed components or is it OE take off stuff like I believe Bluesky sells? I just want to make sure that I have a warranty on the products I purchase. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ace42 View Post
    Well I'm in SoCal and thought I might save on shipping by picking my order up, plus I thought Nashbar had an iffy reputation? If I buy from them am I getting brand new factory sealed components or is it OE take off stuff like I believe Bluesky sells? I just want to make sure that I have a warranty on the products I purchase. Thanks.
    Nashbar is reputable. Bought from them multiple times. They are owned by same group that owns Performance Bike. Should be factory components.

Rogue Exterminator
    Pretty much all you will be doing is trading shipping costs for sales tax. Maybe you will walk away saving $2 or $3 if that.

Also, right now Nashbar is offering an additional 20% orders of $50 or more but today is the last day.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Re: Jenson USA pricematch not working?

Also, right now Nashbar is offering an additional 20% orders of $50 or more but today is the last day.
    That discount does not work with Shimano components.

mtbr member
    The price match isn't always instant. Sometimes they have to check things out. They will email you within 24 hours or state the reason for declining.
    They did match that price for me over a month ago but I bought XTR for $209 instead.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Pretty much all you will be doing is trading shipping costs for sales tax. Maybe you will walk away saving $2 or $3 if that.

Nashbar is charging me taxes as well, which I thought sucked since I think they are based in Ohio.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Nashbar is charging me taxes as well, which I thought sucked since I think they are based in Ohio.
    Since they have stores or operate out of the states in the link below you are going to be hit with tax in Cali.
    Nashbar

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Price match is working for this, I just tested it. It's gotta be your browser. Price match comes back immediately with the discount code. Worked for me in Chrome.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Also, it may be worth trying Tree Fort's price matching so you can avoid tax as they are not in Cali. Need to spend $125 for free shipping from them though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TNeed View Post
    Also, it may be worth trying Tree Fort's price matching so you can avoid tax as they are not in Cali. Need to spend $125 for free shipping from them though.
    Yeah I was going to try that but they only have the front brake. Thanks for trying on another browser.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot321 View Post
    Nashbar is reputable. Bought from them multiple times. They are owned by same group that owns Performance Bike. Should be factory components.

They are reputable, but they have problems with their on line inventory. More than once I ordered something that was listed as in stock and was sold out when the box arrived. I hardly use them and Performance anymore because I got pissed off expecting something that didn't arrive.
    No other on line cycling business has problems like this. I don't know why the biggest seller would play these games.