Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Jenson USA

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,474

    Jenson USA

    Worst customer service ever.

    Jess you're a real dick.
    Last edited by irishpitbull; 08-10-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

  2. #2
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpitbull View Post
    Worst customer service ever.

    Jess your a real dick.
    I'd be happy to hear the whole story since I had very good service from them every single time and paying with a Canadian credit card too.

    You know, before people get you wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    I'd be happy to hear the whole story since I had very good service from them every single time and paying with a Canadian credit card too.

    You know, before people get you wrong
    Sent a wrong part, no big deal. But the dude on phone is unwilling to work with me on ordering the right part because I dont have a link or computer in front of me. People laughing and giggling in the back round.

    Called bikebling looked it up the part for me over the phone and 2nd day shipped for the cost of standard. Also upgraded my 12 float to 13 because they didnt have any of the on sale 12's anymore. Thats customer service.


    the end.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

  4. #4
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpitbull View Post
    Sent a wrong part, no big deal. But the dude on phone is unwilling to work with me on ordering the right part because I dont have a link or computer in front of me. People laughing and giggling in the back round.

    Called bikebling looked it up the part for me over the phone and 2nd day shipped for the cost of standard. Also upgraded my 12 float to 13 because they didnt have any of the on sale 12's anymore. Thats customer service.


    the end.
    Lol. You're gonna get flamed easy poor you
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Lol. You're gonna get flamed easy poor you
    I dont care, how fing hard it to look up part number for a guy how just dropped a grand with a company.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpitbull View Post
    I dont care, how fing hard it to look up part number for a guy how just dropped a grand with a company.
    You sound like you have an attitude. You might be surprised what they might have been willing to do for you if you were nice. I've never had any issues at all with Jenson.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

  7. #7
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith View Post
    You sound like you have an attitude. You might be surprised what they might have been willing to do for you if you were nice. I've never had any issues at all with Jenson.
    Just nailed it. I also never went on my high horses with them whenever I had an issue and they made everything they could to get me good. And that's why I go back there to buy. One of the best, if not the best buying experience and customer service I had over the years from buying online. And mind you I'm not even in the US.

    And talking about customer service, I had a very good time with ComCycleUSA.com regarding a defective SRAM rd that I sent back for warranty. They probably lost a few bucks on that sale coz they had not the good item description and shipped international for free plus a 20% discount and now also handling the warranty claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith View Post
    You sound like you have an attitude. You might be surprised what they might have been willing to do for you if you were nice. I've never had any issues at all with Jenson.
    I honestly had no attitude, I know mistakes happen.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Just nailed it. I also never went on my high horses with them whenever I had an issue and they made everything they could to get me good. And that's why I go back there to buy. One of the best, if not the best buying experience and customer service I had over the years from buying online. And mind you I'm not even in the US.

    And talking about customer service, I had a very good time with ComCycleUSA.com regarding a defective SRAM rd that I sent back for warranty. They probably lost a few bucks on that sale coz they had not the good item description and shipped international for free plus a 20% discount and now also handling the warranty claim.
    I wish I had the same experience as you did.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    81
    I just had the best Thai food ever!

    Delivery driver your the best

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by ddouble518 View Post
    I just had the best Thai food ever!

    Delivery driver your the best
    Whats the name of the place?
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    81
    Thai Basil 2....The Spicy Thai noodle had the perfect amount of heat..not too hot, but not blaaaa

  13. #13
    Braille Riding Instructor
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    610
    JensonUSA has been very good to me in the four or five years I've been doing business with them.

    Just recently, for example, I had some quality issues with Conti rubber. Hoyee worked with me, and after looking into the issue, agreed that it was a warranty issue and refunded my money.

    Also, JensonUSA's shipping rates are very reasonable--even when it's not free, it's generally much cheaper than the competition ... like, say, PricePoint.

  14. #14
    bog
    bog is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,067
    I had good luck with Jenson for years but I've found that they're slipping lately. I've ordered parts with guaranteed delivery dates and they've been way off twice lately (still waiting for one part which is over one month late).

    Even worse, I had troubles with some bearings on my Yeti SB66 and contacted Jenson because Yeti published a bulletin stating that they had used the incorrect bearings and that the frame owner should get new bearings from the shop that they purchased the frame from. I contacted Jenson stating that my bearings were very rough and asked for the correct bearings listed in the bulletin. Jenson contacted Yeti and I was denied any replacement bearings. I know this may have been Yeti's decision but Jenson should stand up for their customer especially when it comes to $5 of bearings on a $2200 frame especially when it is a well known issue.
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

  15. #15
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by bog View Post
    I had good luck with Jenson for years but I've found that they're slipping lately. I've ordered parts with guaranteed delivery dates and they've been way off twice lately (still waiting for one part which is over one month late).

    Even worse, I had troubles with some bearings on my Yeti SB66 and contacted Jenson because Yeti published a bulletin stating that they had used the incorrect bearings and that the frame owner should get new bearings from the shop that they purchased the frame from. I contacted Jenson stating that my bearings were very rough and asked for the correct bearings listed in the bulletin. Jenson contacted Yeti and I was denied any replacement bearings. I know this may have been Yeti's decision but Jenson should stand up for their customer especially when it comes to $5 of bearings on a $2200 frame especially when it is a well known issue.
    Don't want to start a lbs/online war, but if you bought the frame online from Jenson, it's not the same as if you bought it from a shop or from Jenson's bike shop. But I guess it all comes down to each situation is different and it has to be case by case.

    Regarding this, I just got my warranty replacement SRAM X7 rd in the mail today, and realized SRAM sent a long cage instead of a medium cage back to the shop. The shop could have double-checked though, but again the manufacturer is to blame and the shop is stuck being the middleman here. I emailed them about it and they told me they're gonna take care of it (once again). Lucky I don't actually need the rd till october, but sometimes the shops doesn't have the best position when dealing with warranty issues. And for that I think ComCycle-USA did and still does very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  16. #16
    Trail Ninja
    Reputation: Varaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,785
    Well, did Bog even say he bought it from Jenson? He used a loophole to make you think he did. Bearings aren't $5, but the shipping might be.

  17. #17
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Well, did Bog even say he bought it from Jenson? He used a loophole to make you think he did. Bearings aren't $5, but the shipping might be.
    I believe he said so. But he did not specify if he bought it either online or in store.

    I know that a few company only sell online trough certain authorized dealers, like Trek, and make it very strict regarding warranty issue because they don't want to loose money to fraud claims and try to keep it under control. Sometimes it's hard to know what's going on in the back-stage when your in front of a computer doing live-chat/emails or on a phone instead of being at the helpdesk in the shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  18. #18
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Bearings aren't $5, but the shipping might be.
    Well in fact they are mostly less, actually a lot less

    The cost of a bearing in batches of 1000+ wholesale, is like 5 to 10% of the price you pay when buying 1 bearing retail, sometimes even less.

    So yes, it sure is poor service to not throw for 10$ worth of bearings, after a customer whom just handed over 2000$.


    Ok, back to bashing IrishPitbull

    Now Irish, did you remember to kiss a$$ and apologize for even calling their CS?
    After all it was only like a grand you handed them, so you should at least feel bad for asking them to offer any service, let alone demanding to be taken serious......


    Magura

  19. #19
    Trail Ninja
    Reputation: Varaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,785
    Looks like he did buy from Jenson, as he's got a thread on the Yeti forums about it. Wonder what the reason really was. That's against their policy to not help honor warranty, if it really is eligible. Maybe his serial # is out of the affected group and his bearings failed for some other reason, like being overtorqued.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cant fix a flat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpitbull View Post
    Sent a wrong part, no big deal. But the dude on phone is unwilling to work with me on ordering the right part because I dont have a link or computer in front of me. People laughing and giggling in the back round.

    Called bikebling looked it up the part for me over the phone and 2nd day shipped for the cost of standard. Also upgraded my 12 float to 13 because they didnt have any of the on sale 12's anymore. Thats customer service.


    the end.
    i didnt know your not suppose to laugh and giggle at work.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    Well in fact they are mostly less, actually a lot less

    The cost of a bearing in batches of 1000+ wholesale, is like 5 to 10% of the price you pay when buying 1 bearing retail, sometimes even less.

    So yes, it sure is poor service to not throw for 10$ worth of bearings, after a customer whom just handed over 2000$.


    Ok, back to bashing IrishPitbull

    Now Irish, did you remember to kiss a$$ and apologize for even calling their CS?
    After all it was only like a grand you handed them, so you should at least feel bad for asking them to offer any service, let alone demanding to be taken serious......


    Magura
    Sorry for the slow update, I have spent the weekend riding . I did get a PM from Jenson, they did apologize for there lack of customer service.

    LOL me kiss A$$, that will be the day.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

  22. #22
    bog
    bog is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Well, did Bog even say he bought it from Jenson? He used a loophole to make you think he did. Bearings aren't $5, but the shipping might be.
    So why would I contact Jenson if I didn't buy it there?! Very odd assumption made by you.
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

  23. #23
    Class Clown
    Reputation: dundundata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,633
    i've always had good customer service with them

  24. #24
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpitbull View Post
    Worst customer service ever.



    Jess you're a real dick.
    I disagree. The CS at Jenson is usually very good

  25. #25
    Trail Ninja
    Reputation: Varaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,785
    Quote Originally Posted by bog View Post
    So why would I contact Jenson if I didn't buy it there?! Very odd assumption made by you.
    I assume that you assumed that I assumed that...

    I actually was just trying to read your words literally, not reading between the lines.

    Not really an odd "assumption". There are people that try to get warranty service when they don't necessarily qualify for it. For example, I bought a Reign X0 used and a heard about new lower links being distributed and mine didn't have the new one. A local Giant dealer said he never knew about such a thing. He did take care of a SRAM brake lever warranty, even though it was part of a used bike (lever would extend to the "breakaway" position from the lightest touch). I even got an upgrade to X0, from Elixir CR, in a blue color that matched the bike. Don't assume that I thought you were one, but when reading your words literally, it wasn't made clear that you weren't one and others shouldn't assume that you were or weren't one.

    Would have to try and read between the lines there, to try and speculate what the reason was for helping me out with that warranty service, in my example. Missing context leads to speculation; why not just say it up straight? In my case, it was a demo bike and that local Giant dealer happened to be the one I bought it from. Just a matter of picking words carefully and being clear and concise.

    Guess I'm used to seeing "OMG Jenson denied a price match and it took them almost a whole day to respond, when it says instant price match! RAWRGWAGHWRghurgGhurg!" and finding out that the furious guy's really had no reason to be angry at Jenson and that Jenson had good reason behind their decision.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •