Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    offroader
    Dec 2008

Cool-blue Rhythm jenson refuses to price match again

Stans Ztr Flow Disc Rim - Bike.com

STANS ZTR FLOW RIM '11 Black, 29", 32 Hole

Req Price: $60.66 Approved: No

Decline Reason: "bike.com" has no stock of these items. Happy to match if they ever do. We have these in stock for immediate shipment.

Thats BS. I just ordered 4 from them. I made sure to enter the exact amount because the pricks at jenson wont match even if its a penny off. And it shows as "IN STOCK" at the original website.

Jenson fails yet again
    Last edited by CupOfJava; 11-28-2011 at 09:57 AM.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Btw treefort refused to match also but at least they didnt offer a bogus excuse and even gave me a 2% off coupon for the rims. Thanks treefort

mtbr member
    I dont see a problem, you tried to price match an item that another retailer did not have in stock. So basically how can something be price matched to a non existent item?

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by riiz View Post
    I dont see a problem, you tried to price match an item that another retailer did not have in stock. So basically how can something be price matched to a non existent item?
    I ordered 4 of the non existent items. As i said before. Jenson will think up any excuse to deny a legitimate price match if they think its too low for them. The item was in stock and i was able to order 4 of them from the original site.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    "Ships in 1-2 weeks"
    Bikes.com is just drop shipping them, they don't have it on hand...

mtbr member
    Plus Jenson sure takes their sweet time as well to respond to any price-match.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    have not had much luck with Jenson or Universalcycles' price match system. Hucknroll is probably my favorite and Cambriabike is the easiest and they have always matched for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I've honestly never had an issue getting them to price match. The only decline I've ever run into was when I tried to get them to match a foreign site.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Allowing you to order them and truly having them "in stock" are two completely different things with online retailers. Many places... CSWest, CycleClubSports, Bikeman, Outside Outfitters to name just a few examples, drop ship products. When they say "in stock" what they really mean is a faraway warehouse has it in stock, and when you order it, they will order it from the warehouse, and a couple days later they will direct it to you. So in my opinion, Jenson isn't lying nor should they have to price match drop shippers.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    I dont work in the "bike industry" so i have no idea what drop shipping means. As far as Im concerned if I order it and they offer me free shipping and it arrives at my door that qualifies as "in stock" in my book.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Another thing... if all these companies "drop ship" as you say why would jenson bother price matching anything for that matter? They can cherry pick which ever price they want to with that excuse just like what happened here. Seems to me they are being disingenious.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    You might as well set up a "bogus" website that sells bike parts that are never in stock and lowball every online retailer with price matching requests. Have you thought of that?

If the item is not in stock it will never be price matched.
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava View Post
    I dont work in the "bike industry" so i have no idea what drop shipping means. As far as Im concerned if I order it and they offer me free shipping and it arrives at my door that qualifies as "in stock" in my book.

"i know nothing about what's going on here but i want what i want when i want it and everyone should cater to me."

price-matching isn't a right, it's something they decide to do if certain criteria are met. sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.

and you're right, they don't have to match every company that drop-ships. they also don't have to match UK sites. they match north american sites with product listed as IN STOCK. if it says out of stock, there is no match. pretty simple.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    "Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer." - wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_shipping

I don't blame Jenson for not price matching in this case. Bike.com does not actually have the product on hand. They are just selling it. They don't have to purchase any stock from the manufacturer, and thus have little or no overhead costs. So they can lower their price and just make a few dollars less with no risk or overhead.

I've had many, many items price matched by Jenson, and only one or two declined.

The choice is yours, you can save a few bucks and order from bike.com, but you won't get it for a couple of weeks, or you can order it from Jenson and get it in a few days.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    price-matching isn't a right, it's something they decide to do if certain criteria are met.
    Well said saturnine

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I don't see what CupofJava's problem is....I mean you are coming across as if you have been personally insulted.......if Jenson's doesn't price-match what is stopping you from ordering from Bike.com?? Common sense dictates you are gonna order the item from the lowest priced vendor.

If you don't like them don't order from them, I have never had any issues with them price-matching items......

I live near their Riverside warehouse which offers will-call.....Its to my advantage to get them to price-match because I don't have to pay shipping since I go and pick up all my orders in person.......If I lived someplace else and had to pay shipping it wouldn't matter to me who I ordered it from .......I would go with the lowest priced vendor...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Jenson certainly drop ships items too... I have ordered several items from them that ODDLY came from Bloomington, MN which is right near me and also just happens to be home to QBP... So they certainly can't be holier than thou about drop shipping...

All fat, all the time.
    I've never had issues getting jenson to price match.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jreinan01 View Post
    Jenson certainly drop ships items too... I have ordered several items from them that ODDLY came from Bloomington, MN which is right near me and also just happens to be home to QBP... So they certainly can't be holier than thou about drop shipping...

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickK View Post
    You might as well set up a "bogus" website that sells bike parts that are never in stock and lowball every online retailer with price matching requests. Have you thought of that?

If the item is not in stock it will never be price matched.
    That make zero sense.... no retailer is expected to price match a bogus site just like theyre not expected to price match an ebay listings. And do you realize how much trouble and how much it costs to set up an ecommerce website?

mtbr member
    For what it's worth, I ordered two saddles from bike. com three weeks ago and nothing has come. All they can say is that it's "in process".

Never again with these guys.....
    CRAMBA Chairman

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    price-matching isn't a right, it's something they decide to do if certain criteria are met. sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by thickfog View Post
    For what it's worth, I ordered two saddles from bike. com three weeks ago and nothing has come. All they can say is that it's "in process".
    I'm going to guess that the OP is probably going to have the same experience.

I haven't bought ton of stuff from Jenson but all my experiences with them have been great. (I've called with questions and price matching requests a couple of times.) They even price matched a $60 pair of rotors down to $30 for me. Based on my experience I would say they're a very fair and honest company. Next time I build a bike I'm going to look at buying my components there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    i never do price match. you should give your moeny to the company who has the balls to show their best price.

that said jenson rocks for convenience and service. i buy fro them when i need my stuff from a reliable source.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Read the conditions for price match

Jenson explained why they would not match as disclosed in their policy.

I am a long time Jenson customer and I have had a few price match requests declined but many more honored. The price match policy is reasonably easy to use and I continue to buy from them.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Jenson probably read and remembers your similar post from last year and doesn't want you as a customer under any circumstances. Can't say I blame them. You certainly seem like a tool.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    Jenson probably read and remembers your similar post from last year and doesn't want you as a customer under any circumstances. Can't say I blame them. You certainly seem like a tool.
    You should probably give me credit for giving them another chance considering the crappy customer service they gave me the first time. Ive ordered from cambria, treefort, ebike stop, aebikes, performance, nashbar, wheelword, price point , competative cyclist, bluesky cycling, outdoor outfitters, chain reaction cycles, icycles, speed goat, and a bunch more sites and never had a problem with any of them.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    You won't be getting any "credit" from me. If I'd been the CS rep and had to listen to your weaksauce, I'd have told you to pound sand (which explains why I don't work in CS).

You seem like the kind of guy who just won't be satisfied and/or is looking for any reason to be offended.

In about 16 days or so, I imagine we'll be subjected to your rant about how your price-matched rims that weren't in stock haven't shown up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Never had a problem from Jenson, price matching or any thing else!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    what does this have to do with "where the best deals is at"?!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I think someone is drinking a few too many cups of java. Either that, or not enough.
    Instead of rims, put sundials on your wheels and run for the hills...

P.O.S. Living Slightly Larger

GAME ON!
    You should probably give me credit for giving them another chance considering the crappy customer service they gave me the first time. Ive ordered from cambria, treefort, ebike stop, aebikes, performance, nashbar, wheelword, price point , competative cyclist, bluesky cycling, outdoor outfitters, chain reaction cycles, icycles, speed goat, and a bunch more sites and never had a problem with any of them.
    so i'll wait for the 2012 thread about jenson not price matching?
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Well..... I bought from BikesDirect exactly once. I asked if the "in-stock" item (and having owned a large e-retailing business I always ask this question if i need something soon ) was actually in stock at their warehouse and not a drop ship. They said yes,, it is here in our warehouse and will ship in one or two days. THIRTEEN DAYS later the product arrives at my door and after I had canceled the order and bought from a different source who chose not to lie to me. BD refused to credit my CC so I disputed the charge and of course won the dispute. I'll never use them again but many do with good results.

Jenson USA has always been good to me. I don't usually nickle and dime on a price match unless it is a very substantial amount. I will say that Jenson USA let me return a fork well outside the return or exchange window. I was honest and told them I ordered the wrong thing and didn't open the box for nearly six weeks (waiting on the frame) and I asked for a store credit if they could possibly see a way to do that. CSR told me to send it back. BAM!! Full credit on my VISA incl shipping.

I always try to be a resonable customer and as long as a vendor is honest with me I'm cool. Be dishonest with me and and you can pretty much die in a fire for all I care.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

offroader
    Dec 2008
    I'm pretty reasonable as well. It took over a month to receive hub service kit from treefort and likewise when I ordered my last set of rims from cambria bike. They were courteous and I appreciated that. What I don't like is a company acting like a soup nazi when it comes to price match requests like they are doing us (the customer) a favor by approving a price match. Jenson customer service come off as a bunch of pricks.

GAME ON!
    i see 99% jenson support here and generally elsewhere. that's good enough for me.
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I'm pretty reasonable as well. It took over a month to receive hub service kit from treefort and likewise when I ordered my last set of rims from cambria bike. They were courteous and I appreciated that. What I don't like is a company acting like a soup nazi when it comes to price match requests like they are doing us (the customer) a favor by approving a price match. Jenson customer service come off as a bunch of pricks.
    I think Jenson has refused 1 out of like 15 for me.....and the CS has been great online as well as on the phone.

If you don't want to risk being refused "a favor" then don't ask them for one. "Buy low, sell high." It's the American way. Buy it if you want it....if not, then .....quit crying and and wait on your order from Bikes.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    If you don't like their answer don't shop there! Jensen's has been GREAT for me. I can go in and pick stuff up and they actually have the product in stock. I can talk to people there that actually are knowledgeable. If their prices are a hair higher than someone else the customer service makes up for it.

Heaven forbid that a company actually tries to make a profit and keep their doors open. You sound like these whiner wankers at the occupy "insert name of location here" that complain about profit making by business. If the companies don't make a profit they don't employ people. If they don't employ people the economy doesn't grow.

So go buy your wheels from someplace else if you want to save a few pennies but quit your whining!
    Some days I want to kick my own A$$ twice.

mtbr member
    Jenson wouldnt pricematch some stuff for me from BlueSky, the Jenson rep said that blue sky sells OEM take offs and they sell new retail merchandise, therefore the parts were not the same.

so i asked how do you know the shifters I looked at are OEM, it doesnt say it?? Jenson said that they had ordered stuff from them in the past and it was OEM. So they put a blanket statement on Bluesky.

I just bought from Cambria......which they pricematched their new retail stuff to bluesky.

i've had nothing but good deals with Jenson before tho. and Huck n Rolls CS and return policy is the best IMO.

banned
    Dec 2006

STANS ZTR FLOW RIM '11 Black, 29", 32 Hole

Req Price: $60.66 Approved: No<iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://tinyurl.com/27shlk6" vspale=0></iframe>
    <iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://tinyurl.com/yz4gjyd" vspale=0></iframe>

Decline Reason: "bike.com" has no stock of these items. Happy to match if they ever do. We have these in stock for immediate shipment.

Thats BS. I just ordered 4 from them. I made sure to enter the exact amount because the pricks at jenson wont match even if its a penny off.

Jenson fails yet again
    Its not their responsibility to price match. If they going to lose money why would they do it.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gridtalker View Post
    Its not their responsibility to price match. If they going to lose money why would they do it.
    Yes it is their responsibility:
    JensonUSA.com - Your Mountain & Road Bike online parts supplier!

Will you match a lower price?

Absolutely! Pricematch requests on most items can be processed INSTANTLY using our Instant Price Match feature. There's no need to wait for a follow-up email or call us. Just look for the "Price Match" link found on each product page. You can also request a pricematch by calling (888) 880-3811 if you prefer to order by telephone.

30 DAY PRICE PROTECTION: If we lower our price or you find a lower price at a competitor within 30 days of your purchase, we'll issue you a refund for the difference. Just contact us via telephone or email to claim your refund. You could be riding your new gear from Jenson USA while still shopping for the best price!

EDR
    COJ, I could swear you are just trolling but when I read more I see you are for real about this price match thing.

Look, quit *****ing and whining like a little Nancy Boy. Jenson clearly states the conditions for price matching and you continue to ask them to not abide by their own policies.

FWIW I have had Jenson price match at least 8 or 10 times over the years and I can't remember once being turned down. WHY you ask? Good question. I bet it has something to do with me being capable of actually understanding the price match policy (basically I just read it). Give it a go and stop cry-holing on the net. Are you really this dense? If it says Out Of Stock, or Available in xxx days, or Will Ship In 2 Weeks......or..............ANYTHING but "In Stock"
    then the company does not have them "In Stock".

Now pull your panties back up and go use that rock'n 2% coupon of yours and do Jenson a favor.... leave them alone.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtylerdurden View Post
    Jenson wouldnt pricematch some stuff for me from BlueSky, the Jenson rep said that blue sky sells OEM take offs and they sell new retail merchandise, therefore the parts were not the same.

so i asked how do you know the shifters I looked at are OEM, it doesnt say it?? Jenson said that they had ordered stuff from them in the past and it was OEM. So they put a blanket statement on Bluesky.

I just bought from Cambria......which they pricematched their new retail stuff to bluesky.
    I got the same impression. If they don't want to price match they just say "OEM" or "Drop shipper" BTW I've ordered from bluesky a bunch of times and everything I've ever ordered from them was in full retail packaging.

mtbr member
    Jenson does sell OE items as well, so.....
    konahonzo

AZ
    banned

What part of "in stock" do you not comprehend? Report back in 15 days when your "in stock" product has not arrived. Until then, your sounding like a pre-menstrual 13 yo wears thin.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    What part of "in stock" do you not comprehend? Report back in 15 days when your "in stock" product has not arrived. Until then, your sounding like a pre-menstrual 13 yo wears thin.
    The website says "in stock"

Who are we supposed to believe? Jenson or bike.com?

I would hate to be the one who read this and actually believed jenson and tried to get their money back:

30 DAY PRICE PROTECTION: If we lower our price or you find a lower price at a competitor within 30 days of your purchase, we'll issue you a refund for the difference. Just contact us via telephone or email to claim your refund. You could be riding your new gear from Jenson USA while still shopping for the best price!

AZ
    banned
    The website says "in stock"

Who are we supposed to believe? Jenson or bike.com?

I would hate to be the one who read this and actually believed jenson and tried to get their money back:

Yeah I get it, Bike.c-m wouldn't lie to you to get the order. The blind leading the blind.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Yeah I get it, Bike.c-m wouldn't lie to you to get the order. The blind leading the blind.
    And jenson would lie to refuse a price match.

banned
    dense
       [dens]

adjective, dens·er, dens·est.
    having the component parts closely compacted together; crowded or compact: a dense forest; dense population.

stupid; slow-witted; dull.

intense; extreme: dense ignorance.

relatively opaque; transmitting little light, as a photographic negative, optical glass, or color.

difficult to understand or follow because of being closely packed with ideas or complexities of style: a dense philosophical essay.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    shill [shil]

noun
    a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.
    a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    I love bluesky and buy from them frequently and yes, nearly everything I bought from them, at least with componets, were all oem "take off" parts. Not complaining as I love their prices but I wouldn't expect other stores to price match that unless they had parts to strip from as well.
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

GAME ON!
    so, cupofjoe, would you be more satisfied if jenson had no price matching at all? is that better? there has to be a reason why you'd attempt to buy from jenson instead of b.c
    RIP Adam Yauch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast