Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    offroader
    Dec 2008

Cool-blue Rhythm jenson refuses to price match again

Stans Ztr Flow Disc Rim - Bike.com

STANS ZTR FLOW RIM '11 Black, 29", 32 Hole

Req Price: $60.66 Approved: No

Decline Reason: "bike.com" has no stock of these items. Happy to match if they ever do. We have these in stock for immediate shipment.

Thats BS. I just ordered 4 from them. I made sure to enter the exact amount because the pricks at jenson wont match even if its a penny off. And it shows as "IN STOCK" at the original website.

Jenson fails yet again
    Last edited by CupOfJava; 11-28-2011 at 08:57 AM.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Btw treefort refused to match also but at least they didnt offer a bogus excuse and even gave me a 2% off coupon for the rims. Thanks treefort

mtbr member
    I dont see a problem, you tried to price match an item that another retailer did not have in stock. So basically how can something be price matched to a non existent item?

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by riiz View Post
    I dont see a problem, you tried to price match an item that another retailer did not have in stock. So basically how can something be price matched to a non existent item?
    I ordered 4 of the non existent items. As i said before. Jenson will think up any excuse to deny a legitimate price match if they think its too low for them. The item was in stock and i was able to order 4 of them from the original site.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    "Ships in 1-2 weeks"
    Bikes.com is just drop shipping them, they don't have it on hand...

mtbr member
    Plus Jenson sure takes their sweet time as well to respond to any price-match.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    have not had much luck with Jenson or Universalcycles' price match system. Hucknroll is probably my favorite and Cambriabike is the easiest and they have always matched for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I've honestly never had an issue getting them to price match. The only decline I've ever run into was when I tried to get them to match a foreign site.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Allowing you to order them and truly having them "in stock" are two completely different things with online retailers. Many places... CSWest, CycleClubSports, Bikeman, Outside Outfitters to name just a few examples, drop ship products. When they say "in stock" what they really mean is a faraway warehouse has it in stock, and when you order it, they will order it from the warehouse, and a couple days later they will direct it to you. So in my opinion, Jenson isn't lying nor should they have to price match drop shippers.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    I dont work in the "bike industry" so i have no idea what drop shipping means. As far as Im concerned if I order it and they offer me free shipping and it arrives at my door that qualifies as "in stock" in my book.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Another thing... if all these companies "drop ship" as you say why would jenson bother price matching anything for that matter? They can cherry pick which ever price they want to with that excuse just like what happened here. Seems to me they are being disingenious.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    You might as well set up a "bogus" website that sells bike parts that are never in stock and lowball every online retailer with price matching requests. Have you thought of that?

If the item is not in stock it will never be price matched.
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava View Post
    I dont work in the "bike industry" so i have no idea what drop shipping means. As far as Im concerned if I order it and they offer me free shipping and it arrives at my door that qualifies as "in stock" in my book.

"i know nothing about what's going on here but i want what i want when i want it and everyone should cater to me."

price-matching isn't a right, it's something they decide to do if certain criteria are met. sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.

and you're right, they don't have to match every company that drop-ships. they also don't have to match UK sites. they match north american sites with product listed as IN STOCK. if it says out of stock, there is no match. pretty simple.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava View Post
    "Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer." - wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_shipping

I don't blame Jenson for not price matching in this case. Bike.com does not actually have the product on hand. They are just selling it. They don't have to purchase any stock from the manufacturer, and thus have little or no overhead costs. So they can lower their price and just make a few dollars less with no risk or overhead.

I've had many, many items price matched by Jenson, and only one or two declined.

The choice is yours, you can save a few bucks and order from bike.com, but you won't get it for a couple of weeks, or you can order it from Jenson and get it in a few days.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    price-matching isn't a right, it's something they decide to do if certain criteria are met.
    Well said saturnine

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I don't see what CupofJava's problem is....I mean you are coming across as if you have been personally insulted.......if Jenson's doesn't price-match what is stopping you from ordering from Bike.com?? Common sense dictates you are gonna order the item from the lowest priced vendor.

If you don't like them don't order from them, I have never had any issues with them price-matching items......

I live near their Riverside warehouse which offers will-call.....Its to my advantage to get them to price-match because I don't have to pay shipping since I go and pick up all my orders in person.......If I lived someplace else and had to pay shipping it wouldn't matter to me who I ordered it from .......I would go with the lowest priced vendor...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Jenson certainly drop ships items too... I have ordered several items from them that ODDLY came from Bloomington, MN which is right near me and also just happens to be home to QBP... So they certainly can't be holier than thou about drop shipping...

ouch....
    I've never had issues getting jenson to price match.
    Riding.....

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jreinan01 View Post
    Jenson certainly drop ships items too... I have ordered several items from them that ODDLY came from Bloomington, MN which is right near me and also just happens to be home to QBP... So they certainly can't be holier than thou about drop shipping...

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickK View Post
    You might as well set up a "bogus" website that sells bike parts that are never in stock and lowball every online retailer with price matching requests. Have you thought of that?

If the item is not in stock it will never be price matched.
    That make zero sense.... no retailer is expected to price match a bogus site just like theyre not expected to price match an ebay listings. And do you realize how much trouble and how much it costs to set up an ecommerce website?

mtbr member
    For what it's worth, I ordered two saddles from bike. com three weeks ago and nothing has come. All they can say is that it's "in process".

Never again with these guys.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    price-matching isn't a right, it's something they decide to do if certain criteria are met. sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by thickfog View Post
    For what it's worth, I ordered two saddles from bike. com three weeks ago and nothing has come. All they can say is that it's "in process".
    I'm going to guess that the OP is probably going to have the same experience.

I haven't bought ton of stuff from Jenson but all my experiences with them have been great. (I've called with questions and price matching requests a couple of times.) They even price matched a $60 pair of rotors down to $30 for me. Based on my experience I would say they're a very fair and honest company. Next time I build a bike I'm going to look at buying my components there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    i never do price match. you should give your moeny to the company who has the balls to show their best price.

that said jenson rocks for convenience and service. i buy fro them when i need my stuff from a reliable source.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Read the conditions for price match

Jenson explained why they would not match as disclosed in their policy.

I am a long time Jenson customer and I have had a few price match requests declined but many more honored. The price match policy is reasonably easy to use and I continue to buy from them.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Jenson probably read and remembers your similar post from last year and doesn't want you as a customer under any circumstances. Can't say I blame them. You certainly seem like a tool.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast