Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    offroader
    Dec 2008

Cool-blue Rhythm jenson refuses to price match again

Stans Ztr Flow Disc Rim - Bike.com

STANS ZTR FLOW RIM '11 Black, 29", 32 Hole

Req Price: $60.66 Approved: No

Decline Reason: "bike.com" has no stock of these items. Happy to match if they ever do. We have these in stock for immediate shipment.

Thats BS. I just ordered 4 from them. I made sure to enter the exact amount because the pricks at jenson wont match even if its a penny off. And it shows as "IN STOCK" at the original website.

Jenson fails yet again
    Last edited by CupOfJava; 11-28-2011 at 09:57 AM.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Btw treefort refused to match also but at least they didnt offer a bogus excuse and even gave me a 2% off coupon for the rims. Thanks treefort

mtbr member
    I dont see a problem, you tried to price match an item that another retailer did not have in stock. So basically how can something be price matched to a non existent item?

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by riiz View Post
    I dont see a problem, you tried to price match an item that another retailer did not have in stock. So basically how can something be price matched to a non existent item?
    I ordered 4 of the non existent items. As i said before. Jenson will think up any excuse to deny a legitimate price match if they think its too low for them. The item was in stock and i was able to order 4 of them from the original site.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    "Ships in 1-2 weeks"
    Bikes.com is just drop shipping them, they don't have it on hand...

mtbr member
    Plus Jenson sure takes their sweet time as well to respond to any price-match.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    have not had much luck with Jenson or Universalcycles' price match system. Hucknroll is probably my favorite and Cambriabike is the easiest and they have always matched for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I've honestly never had an issue getting them to price match. The only decline I've ever run into was when I tried to get them to match a foreign site.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Allowing you to order them and truly having them "in stock" are two completely different things with online retailers. Many places... CSWest, CycleClubSports, Bikeman, Outside Outfitters to name just a few examples, drop ship products. When they say "in stock" what they really mean is a faraway warehouse has it in stock, and when you order it, they will order it from the warehouse, and a couple days later they will direct it to you. So in my opinion, Jenson isn't lying nor should they have to price match drop shippers.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    I dont work in the "bike industry" so i have no idea what drop shipping means. As far as Im concerned if I order it and they offer me free shipping and it arrives at my door that qualifies as "in stock" in my book.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Another thing... if all these companies "drop ship" as you say why would jenson bother price matching anything for that matter? They can cherry pick which ever price they want to with that excuse just like what happened here. Seems to me they are being disingenious.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    You might as well set up a "bogus" website that sells bike parts that are never in stock and lowball every online retailer with price matching requests. Have you thought of that?

If the item is not in stock it will never be price matched.
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava View Post
    I dont work in the "bike industry" so i have no idea what drop shipping means. As far as Im concerned if I order it and they offer me free shipping and it arrives at my door that qualifies as "in stock" in my book.

"i know nothing about what's going on here but i want what i want when i want it and everyone should cater to me."

price-matching isn't a right, it's something they decide to do if certain criteria are met. sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.

and you're right, they don't have to match every company that drop-ships. they also don't have to match UK sites. they match north american sites with product listed as IN STOCK. if it says out of stock, there is no match. pretty simple.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    "Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer." - wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_shipping

I don't blame Jenson for not price matching in this case. Bike.com does not actually have the product on hand. They are just selling it. They don't have to purchase any stock from the manufacturer, and thus have little or no overhead costs. So they can lower their price and just make a few dollars less with no risk or overhead.

I've had many, many items price matched by Jenson, and only one or two declined.

The choice is yours, you can save a few bucks and order from bike.com, but you won't get it for a couple of weeks, or you can order it from Jenson and get it in a few days.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    price-matching isn't a right, it's something they decide to do if certain criteria are met.
    Well said saturnine

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I don't see what CupofJava's problem is....I mean you are coming across as if you have been personally insulted.......if Jenson's doesn't price-match what is stopping you from ordering from Bike.com?? Common sense dictates you are gonna order the item from the lowest priced vendor.

If you don't like them don't order from them, I have never had any issues with them price-matching items......

I live near their Riverside warehouse which offers will-call.....Its to my advantage to get them to price-match because I don't have to pay shipping since I go and pick up all my orders in person.......If I lived someplace else and had to pay shipping it wouldn't matter to me who I ordered it from .......I would go with the lowest priced vendor...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Jenson certainly drop ships items too... I have ordered several items from them that ODDLY came from Bloomington, MN which is right near me and also just happens to be home to QBP... So they certainly can't be holier than thou about drop shipping...

All fat, all the time.
    I've never had issues getting jenson to price match.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jreinan01 View Post
    Jenson certainly drop ships items too... I have ordered several items from them that ODDLY came from Bloomington, MN which is right near me and also just happens to be home to QBP... So they certainly can't be holier than thou about drop shipping...

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickK View Post
    You might as well set up a "bogus" website that sells bike parts that are never in stock and lowball every online retailer with price matching requests. Have you thought of that?

If the item is not in stock it will never be price matched.
    That make zero sense.... no retailer is expected to price match a bogus site just like theyre not expected to price match an ebay listings. And do you realize how much trouble and how much it costs to set up an ecommerce website?

mtbr member
    For what it's worth, I ordered two saddles from bike. com three weeks ago and nothing has come. All they can say is that it's "in process".

Never again with these guys.....
    CRAMBA Chairman

mtbr member
    price-matching isn't a right, it's something they decide to do if certain criteria are met. sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by thickfog View Post
    For what it's worth, I ordered two saddles from bike. com three weeks ago and nothing has come. All they can say is that it's "in process".
    I'm going to guess that the OP is probably going to have the same experience.

I haven't bought ton of stuff from Jenson but all my experiences with them have been great. (I've called with questions and price matching requests a couple of times.) They even price matched a $60 pair of rotors down to $30 for me. Based on my experience I would say they're a very fair and honest company. Next time I build a bike I'm going to look at buying my components there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    i never do price match. you should give your moeny to the company who has the balls to show their best price.

that said jenson rocks for convenience and service. i buy fro them when i need my stuff from a reliable source.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Read the conditions for price match

Jenson explained why they would not match as disclosed in their policy.

I am a long time Jenson customer and I have had a few price match requests declined but many more honored. The price match policy is reasonably easy to use and I continue to buy from them.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Jenson probably read and remembers your similar post from last year and doesn't want you as a customer under any circumstances. Can't say I blame them. You certainly seem like a tool.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    Jenson probably read and remembers your similar post from last year and doesn't want you as a customer under any circumstances. Can't say I blame them. You certainly seem like a tool.
    You should probably give me credit for giving them another chance considering the crappy customer service they gave me the first time. Ive ordered from cambria, treefort, ebike stop, aebikes, performance, nashbar, wheelword, price point , competative cyclist, bluesky cycling, outdoor outfitters, chain reaction cycles, icycles, speed goat, and a bunch more sites and never had a problem with any of them.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    You won't be getting any "credit" from me. If I'd been the CS rep and had to listen to your weaksauce, I'd have told you to pound sand (which explains why I don't work in CS).

You seem like the kind of guy who just won't be satisfied and/or is looking for any reason to be offended.

In about 16 days or so, I imagine we'll be subjected to your rant about how your price-matched rims that weren't in stock haven't shown up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Never had a problem from Jenson, price matching or any thing else!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    what does this have to do with "where the best deals is at"?!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I think someone is drinking a few too many cups of java. Either that, or not enough.
    Instead of rims, put sundials on your wheels and run for the hills...

P.O.S. Living Slightly Larger

GAME ON!
    You should probably give me credit for giving them another chance considering the crappy customer service they gave me the first time. Ive ordered from cambria, treefort, ebike stop, aebikes, performance, nashbar, wheelword, price point , competative cyclist, bluesky cycling, outdoor outfitters, chain reaction cycles, icycles, speed goat, and a bunch more sites and never had a problem with any of them.
    so i'll wait for the 2012 thread about jenson not price matching?
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Well..... I bought from BikesDirect exactly once. I asked if the "in-stock" item (and having owned a large e-retailing business I always ask this question if i need something soon ) was actually in stock at their warehouse and not a drop ship. They said yes,, it is here in our warehouse and will ship in one or two days. THIRTEEN DAYS later the product arrives at my door and after I had canceled the order and bought from a different source who chose not to lie to me. BD refused to credit my CC so I disputed the charge and of course won the dispute. I'll never use them again but many do with good results.

Jenson USA has always been good to me. I don't usually nickle and dime on a price match unless it is a very substantial amount. I will say that Jenson USA let me return a fork well outside the return or exchange window. I was honest and told them I ordered the wrong thing and didn't open the box for nearly six weeks (waiting on the frame) and I asked for a store credit if they could possibly see a way to do that. CSR told me to send it back. BAM!! Full credit on my VISA incl shipping.

I always try to be a resonable customer and as long as a vendor is honest with me I'm cool. Be dishonest with me and and you can pretty much die in a fire for all I care.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

offroader
    Dec 2008
    I'm pretty reasonable as well. It took over a month to receive hub service kit from treefort and likewise when I ordered my last set of rims from cambria bike. They were courteous and I appreciated that. What I don't like is a company acting like a soup nazi when it comes to price match requests like they are doing us (the customer) a favor by approving a price match. Jenson customer service come off as a bunch of pricks.

GAME ON!
    i see 99% jenson support here and generally elsewhere. that's good enough for me.
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I'm pretty reasonable as well. It took over a month to receive hub service kit from treefort and likewise when I ordered my last set of rims from cambria bike. They were courteous and I appreciated that. What I don't like is a company acting like a soup nazi when it comes to price match requests like they are doing us (the customer) a favor by approving a price match. Jenson customer service come off as a bunch of pricks.
    I think Jenson has refused 1 out of like 15 for me.....and the CS has been great online as well as on the phone.

If you don't want to risk being refused "a favor" then don't ask them for one. "Buy low, sell high." It's the American way. Buy it if you want it....if not, then .....quit crying and and wait on your order from Bikes.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    If you don't like their answer don't shop there! Jensen's has been GREAT for me. I can go in and pick stuff up and they actually have the product in stock. I can talk to people there that actually are knowledgeable. If their prices are a hair higher than someone else the customer service makes up for it.

Heaven forbid that a company actually tries to make a profit and keep their doors open. You sound like these whiner wankers at the occupy "insert name of location here" that complain about profit making by business. If the companies don't make a profit they don't employ people. If they don't employ people the economy doesn't grow.

So go buy your wheels from someplace else if you want to save a few pennies but quit your whining!
    Some days I want to kick my own A$$ twice.

mtbr member
    Jenson wouldnt pricematch some stuff for me from BlueSky, the Jenson rep said that blue sky sells OEM take offs and they sell new retail merchandise, therefore the parts were not the same.

so i asked how do you know the shifters I looked at are OEM, it doesnt say it?? Jenson said that they had ordered stuff from them in the past and it was OEM. So they put a blanket statement on Bluesky.

I just bought from Cambria......which they pricematched their new retail stuff to bluesky.

i've had nothing but good deals with Jenson before tho. and Huck n Rolls CS and return policy is the best IMO.

banned
    Dec 2006

STANS ZTR FLOW RIM '11 Black, 29", 32 Hole

Req Price: $60.66 Approved: No<iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://tinyurl.com/27shlk6" vspale=0></iframe>
    <iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://tinyurl.com/yz4gjyd" vspale=0></iframe>

Decline Reason: "bike.com" has no stock of these items. Happy to match if they ever do. We have these in stock for immediate shipment.

Thats BS. I just ordered 4 from them. I made sure to enter the exact amount because the pricks at jenson wont match even if its a penny off.

Jenson fails yet again
    Its not their responsibility to price match. If they going to lose money why would they do it.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gridtalker View Post
    Its not their responsibility to price match. If they going to lose money why would they do it.
    Yes it is their responsibility:
    JensonUSA.com - Your Mountain & Road Bike online parts supplier!

Will you match a lower price?

Absolutely! Pricematch requests on most items can be processed INSTANTLY using our Instant Price Match feature. There's no need to wait for a follow-up email or call us. Just look for the "Price Match" link found on each product page. You can also request a pricematch by calling (888) 880-3811 if you prefer to order by telephone.

30 DAY PRICE PROTECTION: If we lower our price or you find a lower price at a competitor within 30 days of your purchase, we'll issue you a refund for the difference. Just contact us via telephone or email to claim your refund. You could be riding your new gear from Jenson USA while still shopping for the best price!

EDR
    COJ, I could swear you are just trolling but when I read more I see you are for real about this price match thing.

Look, quit *****ing and whining like a little Nancy Boy. Jenson clearly states the conditions for price matching and you continue to ask them to not abide by their own policies.

FWIW I have had Jenson price match at least 8 or 10 times over the years and I can't remember once being turned down. WHY you ask? Good question. I bet it has something to do with me being capable of actually understanding the price match policy (basically I just read it). Give it a go and stop cry-holing on the net. Are you really this dense? If it says Out Of Stock, or Available in xxx days, or Will Ship In 2 Weeks......or..............ANYTHING but "In Stock"
    then the company does not have them "In Stock".

Now pull your panties back up and go use that rock'n 2% coupon of yours and do Jenson a favor.... leave them alone.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtylerdurden View Post
    Jenson wouldnt pricematch some stuff for me from BlueSky, the Jenson rep said that blue sky sells OEM take offs and they sell new retail merchandise, therefore the parts were not the same.

so i asked how do you know the shifters I looked at are OEM, it doesnt say it?? Jenson said that they had ordered stuff from them in the past and it was OEM. So they put a blanket statement on Bluesky.

I just bought from Cambria......which they pricematched their new retail stuff to bluesky.
    I got the same impression. If they don't want to price match they just say "OEM" or "Drop shipper" BTW I've ordered from bluesky a bunch of times and everything I've ever ordered from them was in full retail packaging.

mtbr member
    Jenson does sell OE items as well, so.....
    konahonzo

AZ
    banned

What part of "in stock" do you not comprehend? Report back in 15 days when your "in stock" product has not arrived. Until then, your sounding like a pre-menstrual 13 yo wears thin.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    What part of "in stock" do you not comprehend? Report back in 15 days when your "in stock" product has not arrived. Until then, your sounding like a pre-menstrual 13 yo wears thin.
    The website says "in stock"

Who are we supposed to believe? Jenson or bike.com?

I would hate to be the one who read this and actually believed jenson and tried to get their money back:

30 DAY PRICE PROTECTION: If we lower our price or you find a lower price at a competitor within 30 days of your purchase, we'll issue you a refund for the difference. Just contact us via telephone or email to claim your refund. You could be riding your new gear from Jenson USA while still shopping for the best price!

AZ
    banned
    The website says "in stock"

I would hate to be the one who read this and actually believed jenson and tried to get their money back:

Yeah I get it, Bike.c-m wouldn't lie to you to get the order. The blind leading the blind.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Yeah I get it, Bike.c-m wouldn't lie to you to get the order. The blind leading the blind.
    And jenson would lie to refuse a price match.

banned
    dense
       [dens]

adjective, dens·er, dens·est.
    having the component parts closely compacted together; crowded or compact: a dense forest; dense population.

stupid; slow-witted; dull.

intense; extreme: dense ignorance.

relatively opaque; transmitting little light, as a photographic negative, optical glass, or color.

difficult to understand or follow because of being closely packed with ideas or complexities of style: a dense philosophical essay.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    shill [shil]

noun
    a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.
    a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    I love bluesky and buy from them frequently and yes, nearly everything I bought from them, at least with componets, were all oem "take off" parts. Not complaining as I love their prices but I wouldn't expect other stores to price match that unless they had parts to strip from as well.
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

GAME ON!
    so, cupofjoe, would you be more satisfied if jenson had no price matching at all? is that better? there has to be a reason why you'd attempt to buy from jenson instead of b.c
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    so, cupofjoe, would you be more satisfied if jenson had no price matching at all? is that better? there has to be a reason why you'd attempt to buy from jenson instead of b.c
    He ran out of things to whine about, thats why.

EDR
    there has to be a reason why you'd attempt to buy from jenson instead of b.c
    Yes there is (of course). The wheels he wanted that stated In Stock had an expected shipping date of several weeks. This obviously meant that they are not, in fact, "in stock" but rather would need to be ordered from a 3rd party vendor to fulfill his order. Even he knows that.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    COJ: This is the most sustained whining I've seen about nothing on MTBR that I've seen for ages.

For what it's worth, I've put in around ten price match requests to Jenson over the years. All but one were met (usually within a couple of hours). One was rejected- I can't remember why, but I can remember that it didn't get my panties in a twist over it. It's not like Jenson somehow magically removed my ability to buy from the vendor that I was trying to have them match.

I see this whole price matching thing as an attempt by Jenson to get our business. It's an option that gives us more purchasing choices that usually works out well. If they match, we get a better price from a company that has generally good CS and fast shipping times. If they don't match, no big deal. It's not some kind of constitutional right, nor, frankly, is it worth getting into a huff about.
    Since when did the phrase "invest in" come to mean the same as "buy"?

Trail Ninja
    What are the specific reasons you would bother with price matching instead of ordering from Bike.com? Make a list of all the pros and cons and consider how much they are worth to you. It seems you are trying to get extra services for no extra charge.

Jenson's decline reason seems reasonable enough to me. They even put it in context so you could understand it easily: "in stock for immediate shipment." That's Jenson's definition of "in stock". Bike.com's "Ships in 1-2 weeks" is a clue that they don't actually keep it in stock. Their definition of "in stock" is more like: available from our wholesaler/supplier.

Jenson is an authorized dealer for many of the brands they carry and stand behind the products they sell, with customer service they offer. Bike shops that simply open an online store and fulfill orders through their suppliers likely can't offer customer service for online orders. They probably would charge restocking fees, since they'll be forced to sell it at a discount. They would probably also redirect you to others, like the manufacturer, if you need to make a warranty claim. It'd be a shame if there were only companies like bike.com around. I suspect most of the complaints about broken parts posted on MTBR come from people who chose to save a few dollars and buy it from some place with no customer support, effectively leaving them with a short time of use and an expensive broken part.

Honestly, the only reason I don't do all my shopping at Jenson is because of their selection (my size and preferred color is always sold out) and because I'd like to abuse sales tax evasion while I can.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/25/us...sales-tax.html

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    [QUOTE=CupOfJava;8775689]The website says "in stock"

If it were actually "IN-STOCK" would it take up to two weeks to ship? Maybe they bury all of their product in a field and it takes them time to find it....... just kidding

Price Matching from retailers is a courtesy and not a right. I have been a general manager in the retail business going on 15 years and some companies had very strict policies.....ie. only from authorized resellers(which many online companies are not), or required brick and mortar presence (which would exclude most online retailers". Some places matched a price as long as you had an ad.

Personally in retail, many of the policies such as price matching are not always set in stone. There is some room to use discretion on a case by case basis to provide quality customer service. I have declined prices matches hundreds of times during my career, and have never been lenient on the policy to anyone who was rude or acted like they were entitled to a discount that was shown to be against our stated policy. I have bent the policy for people who are polite, and understanding. have told them that I would take care of them this one particular time but in the future, now that they understand the policy, I would have to decline.

Jenson has always been great to me, I have price matched many things with them over the years, and have been declined a few times. I have also turned a decline to a match via the phone with positive conversation....

If you were declined......try somewhere else and be happy that they gave you a lower price. Try not to waste your time and energy on complaining about someone who didn't give you what you want. In the end, does that ever help?

offroader
    Dec 2008
    For the last time. Read what it says on the Jenson website. Now ask yourself, is price matching "a right"? Are they obligated to honor a price match? I'm done, have a nice day. Keep bumping the comments coming to keep the thread alive. Keeping with MTBR tradition personal attacks are welcome.

Will you match a lower price?

Absolutely! Pricematch requests on most items can be processed INSTANTLY using our Instant Price Match feature. There's no need to wait for a follow-up email or call us. Just look for the "Price Match" link found on each product page. You can also request a pricematch by calling (888) 880-3811 if you prefer to order by telephone.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    For the last time. Read what it says on the Jenson website. Now ask yourself, is price matching "a right"? Are they obligated to honor a price match?
    I read the words "MOST items" which means not all...........

Trail Ninja
    I also read "can be", which means that it's not 100% certainty.

If you're gonna play lawyer with the words, you need to read it all carefully and in full context.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006

Thats BS. I just ordered 4 from them. I made sure to enter the exact amount because the pricks at jenson wont match even if its a penny off. And it shows as "IN STOCK" at the original website.

Jenson fails yet again
    Dude, seriously ? It says right on the bike.com page you linked that they ship "in one to two weeks". That means they don't really have them.

Its your right to choose lower price/much longer wait if you want. But thats not Jenson's business model. Don't expect them to match a business that has no capital investment in keeping stock on hand.

I generally don't order things that I can wait weeks for, so I stick with universal and jenson.

Trail Ninja
    Try price matching these guys:

Stans No Tubes ZTR 29-Inch 32 Hole Presta Valve Flow Rim (Black) 73.99

or maybe Amazon 77.96

Amazon.com: Stans No Tubes ZTR 29-Inch 32 Hole Presta Valve Flow Rim (Black): Sports & Outdoors

I heard they refused matching amazon before from another post, but didn't get the specifics on why. Worth a try.

I'm 99.9% sure they'll refuse matching Manitou bikes for the same reason (not actually in stock), which was the next cheapest after bike.com.

mtbr member
    The only time I have had a problem with price matching at Jenson was in trying to price match and entire road bike.

The other vendor said "in stock"...but Jenson declined saying the other vendor has no stock of the bikes.

Deal with it and order from bike.com CupofJava.

As others have said, if they will only ship in 1-2 weeks, they don't have the item in stock.
    Last edited by Swerny; 11-30-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I ordered a Brooks saddle from bike.com a couple years back. The status was listed as "in stock". After three weeks, I called and was told that it was not actually "in stock" yet, but they should be getting it in about a week or so, and then they would ship it to me. I cancelled the order.

I took that to mean bike.com felt it was "in stock" somewhere, so that is good enough. Obviously our definitions of "in stock" are not the same so I don't see myself ordering from them again.

Jenson does have some items come from MN, and you don't know which items are coming from where until after you order. That does make it a crapshoot if you are in CA and want something before the w/e. It seems that it is mostly the 'small parts' type stuff that comes from MN, so I have an idea that type of stuff may take longer. They are pretty good about communication and let you know when to expect your shipment. Just got a price match from them a couple weeks ago. Took less time than it took for me to type this post to get the PM back.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    For the last time. Read what it says on the Jenson website. Now ask yourself, is price matching "a right"? Are they obligated to honor a price match? I'm done, have a nice day. Keep bumping the comments coming to keep the thread alive. Keeping with MTBR tradition personal attacks are welcome.
    Huh, the most appropriate emoticon is this one:

Everyone already read your quote the first time around. And everyone still disagrees with you. And some people have directly addressed this quote to point out why you're wrong.

Most people would kind of clued in by now, but I guess you can lead a horse to water...

You do realise that this thread bumping is just doing a great PR job for Jenson, right?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hey guys, i have a questions on which is faster. 26er or 29er? and is 2x10 moar bettar than 3x9. I was thinking about making mine a 9x3. Pricematch THAT!

Trail Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by womble View Post
    Huh, the most appropriate emoticon is this one:

Everyone already read your quote the first time around. And everyone still disagrees with you. And some people have directly addressed this quote to point out why you're wrong.

Most people would kind of clued in by now, but I guess you can lead a horse to water...

You do realise that this thread bumping is just doing a great PR job for Jenson, right?
    Cup of Java could be the shill, using some sort of reverse psychology, to promote Jenson. JK

I gave my business to them yesterday, instead of Backcountry.com (which has a lifetime satisfaction guarantee), on an Osprey Raptor pack partly because of this thread, and got a price match accepted within 20 minutes, well before their official hours. Osprey has a lifetime warranty on it anyways.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Cup of Java could be the shill, using some sort of reverse psychology, to promote Jenson.
    Could be, I did buy a pair of Rock Garden Pangaea glasses from them on Monday after they price matched.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Cup of Java could be the shill, using some sort of reverse psychology, to promote Jenson. JK

I gave my business to them yesterday, instead of Backcountry.com (which has a lifetime satisfaction guarantee), on an Osprey Raptor pack partly because of this thread, and got a price match accepted within 20 minutes, well before their official hours. Osprey has a lifetime warranty on it anyways.

I've gotten price match requests significantly out-of-hours, and concluded that they have additional staff or some kind of outsourced service just to do this. I could be wrong though.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by womble View Post
    I've gotten price match requests significantly out-of-hours, and concluded that they have additional staff or some kind of outsourced service just to do this. I could be wrong though.
    Its a magical computer equipped with a list of sites they will always price match.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Its a magical computer equipped with a list of sites they will always price match.
    OOOHHH MAGIC!!!! ME LIKEY! ......by the way, what's a computer?

Kaishingo
    CupofJava:

Out of curiosity (since I manage a large online retailer that "price-matches") why did you want to purchase from JensonUSA? If the other place had them in stock (you said you just ordered 4), and Jenson has given you such crappy service in the past (as you also mentioned), what made you want to try and purchase from them now?

I apologize in advance if you answered that question already - I scanned the thread but didn't see anything.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wuzilla View Post
    CupofJava:

Out of curiosity (since I manage a large online retailer that "price-matches") why did you want to purchase from JensonUSA? If the other place had them in stock (you said you just ordered 4), and Jenson has given you such crappy service in the past (as you also mentioned), what made you want to try and purchase from them now?

I apologize in advance if you answered that question already - I scanned the thread but didn't see anything.
    ...Can't wait to hear the response to that question......

mtbr member
    Too bad CupofJava never posted a screen shot of the email stating why turned down his price-match. I've purchased almost everything needed to build about 3 bikes through them in the last 2 years and pretty much always pricematch and searched for the cheapest prices. They always state in black and white why they cannot honor my requests.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wuzilla View Post
    CupofJava:

Jenson claimed to have free shipping after a certain amount (You can never be sure with these guys). Previously they did not offer free shipping, I think a few threads regarding their crappy (expensive) shipping on MTBR along with some healthy competition from other free shipping e-tailers helped persuade them to change their policy last year. I found out later bike.com has free shipping as well. And yes, I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of my pride to save a buck or two on shipping. I have no doubt they have good people working there, but their policies are inconsistent and their CS methodology needs some refining.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jzdyrko View Post
    ...Can't wait to hear the response to that question......
    Did my response meet your expectations? I hope I didn't let you down.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    If Cup-of-Java wanted a price match PLUS free-shipping from Jenson I know its not their standard practice to do this. By the way, look what I just received from them this morning

CRANK BROTHERS IODINE LOCK-ON GRIPS
    Orange Clamps, Kraton

Approved: Yes
    New Price: $19.99 You Requested: $19.99
    Min Qty: 1
    Expires: 12/31/2011 at midnight PST

This price match cannot be combined with any active promotions.
    Free Shipping offers are not valid with this Price Match.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    This price match cannot be combined with any active promotions.
    Free Shipping offers are not valid with this Price Match.
    That sucks. Well at least with treefort from my experience any price match goes toward their free shipping minimum.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaKn View Post
    I don't blame Jenson for not price matching in this case. Bike.com does not actually have the product on hand. They are just selling it. They don't have to purchase any stock from the manufacturer, and thus have little or no overhead costs. So they can lower their price and just make a few dollars less with no risk or overhead.
    Quoted for the mother ****ing truth.

EDR
    That sucks. Well at least with treefort from my experience any price match goes toward their free shipping minimum.
    For the LOVE OF GOD! Please, order from Treefort. What the heck is your issue with this? Jenson doesn't price match EVERYTHING, ok? Jenson does not allow price matching AND free shipping. It's in black and white letters, right there, on their site, OK????

Go shop somewhere else and stfu. Jeezus, I've never been so worked up over such a stupid thread on mtbr.......NEVER. I'm actually ashamed of myself for even contributing. Really, I am. I apologize for my cranky attitude to all, but JEEZUS COJ, what are you, 12 years old?

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    For the LOVE OF GOD! Please, order from Treefort. What the heck is your issue with this? Jenson doesn't price match EVERYTHING, ok? Jenson does not allow price matching AND free shipping. It's in black and white letters, right there, on their site, OK????

Go shop somewhere else and stfu. Jeezus, I've never been so worked up over such a stupid thread on mtbr.......NEVER. I'm actually ashamed of myself for even contributing. Really, I am. I apologize for my cranky attitude to all, but JEEZUS COJ, what are you, 12 years old?
    If you got a problem with other people's opinions maybe you should stay off the internet. I don't understand why you would get all worked up over my opinions unless you have some sort of personal relationship with the company. And for the record all the "between the lines" addendum quid pro quo bullshlt that Jenson applies to their policies suck.

mtbr member
    I second the cambria and huck n roll. although I have never ordered from jenson, but cambria is the bomb at pricematching and I like doing business with them because of that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    If you got a problem with other people's opinions maybe you should stay off the internet. I don't understand why you would get all worked up over my opinions unless you have some sort of personal relationship with the company. And for the record all the "between the lines" addendum quid pro quo bullshlt that Jenson applies to their policies suck.
    In your case, not all opinions are sensible, well informed, or well expressed to the audience to whom it was conveyed. If this were not the case, and your "opinion" had any validity or worth, maybe 98% of this thread would not be disagreeing with you. Your issues are ludicrous and laughable and have no bearing within the realm of reality. With that in mind, when opinions of such nature are expressed, sensible individuals may sometimes succumb to their more primordial needs and strike out with anger and disgust. Only due to the fact that they are being overwhelmed with mindless cow fodder. If someone from Jenson were to see this thread they should disallow your ability to shop there. Not all money is good money, and the nonsense that you bring to the table makes the money that you spend with a company not worth their time and effort to put up with of all of your BS. Anyways, have another Cup of Java gather your thoughts and I hope you have a wonderful day.....hopefully one with out the whining or tantrums of course.

PS.......I just had 3 more Price matches at Jenson approved today. So a THANK YOU!!!! goes out to Jenson for being a great company.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    have not had much luck with Jenson or Universalcycles' price match system. Hucknroll is probably my favorite and Cambriabike is the easiest and they have always matched for me.

Humm, I get immediate price matches from UniversalCycles. They can't always match it. If they can't, they say what they will sell it for. That's totally reasonable.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I don't understand how CupOfJava as any positive rep left...

offroader
    Dec 2008
    UPDATE: Just checked my order status my rims which I bought from bike.com shipped yesterday I have the tracking number. (order was placed monday) Thank you very much bike.com for the fast shipping. Shipped faster than my Speedgoat order which was supposed to ship in 2 days. So much for the whole drop shipping long wait theory.

And if you're doing the math I actually got the rims for less because bike.com sent me a link for an additional 5% off (20% total). The drawback was they charged me $5.99 shipping. So the rims ended up being $57 each.
    Last edited by CupOfJava; 12-02-2011 at 05:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I appreciate the negative rep CupOfJava. Coming from you, it's a compliment.

Especially ironic was how you wrote "How does it feel to be an idiot?".

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bad mechanic View Post
    I appreciate the negative rep CupOfJava. Coming from you, it's a compliment.

Especially ironic was how you wrote "How does it feel to be an idiot?".
    Just returning the favor. Thanks to you too for the negative feedback also.
    Last edited by CupOfJava; 12-02-2011 at 05:40 PM.

EDR
    On Black Friday some retailers including Walmart had Battlefield 3 on sale for that day for $28. It's new game and normally sells for $59. Since I'm too cool camp out at Walmart for the off chance of actually getting this game at the listed price I went to Target, who had plenty of copies of that game for full retail. They have a price match policy so I took the electronics section of the Walmart ad and showed them. The clerk told me I HAD to have the ENTIRE Walmart ad b/c they have to collect them and send them to corporate. Stupid policy I suppose, but that's their policy. So no price match was given. I drove 1 mile to Walmart and picked up the entire ad. Took it back to Target and got my stupid game for 30 dollars off retail....without fuss.

Amazing what following the policies can do for you.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    On Black Friday some retailers including Walmart had Battlefield 3 on sale for that day for $28. It's new game and normally sells for $59. Since I'm too cool camp out at Walmart for the off chance of actually getting this game at the listed price I went to Target, who had plenty of copies of that game for full retail. They have a price match policy so I took the electronics section of the Walmart ad and showed them. The clerk told me I HAD to have the ENTIRE Walmart ad b/c they have to collect them and send them to corporate. Stupid policy I suppose, but that's their policy. So no price match was given. I drove 1 mile to Walmart and picked up the entire ad. Took it back to Target and got my stupid game for 30 dollars off retail....without fuss.

Amazing what following the policies can do for you.
    Great story but what does that have to do with this case? The point was made repeatedly the items were in stock, shipped for free within a week. Jenson can cherry pick any price match they want with all the excuses written in their bogus price match policy. They are even known to break their own rules by "drop shipping" and selling OE items both of which they have been cited as reasons to deny a price match.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Jenson has always given me great service over the years. I have never had a problem with their price match. I was turned down once but the rep explained why and was very courteous. They are not perfect and have made mistakes on some orders in the past, but have always gone above and beyond to make it right. My only disappointment is that they appear to have understandably reduced inventory over the past two years. They are still one of the first places I check when ordering something.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I think it's time to cool down on this one. I mean, you don't have to, but you've made your same point many times, and many people disagree with you. Some agree with you. Either way, when it comes down to it, I'm pretty sure people have recovered from a broken leg faster than you're recovering from this.

EDR
    The point was made repeatedly the items were in stock, shipped for free within a week.
    No it did not say that. The items (as has been explained to you) were not in stock, the selling retailer could not go put their hands on them. The side-note said USUALLY ships in 1-2 weeks. That means they had to place an order, to fulfill yours and if the company they order from is out of stock then you would have been back-ordered. If they were on hand (in stock) they could ship the next day.

Let's be clear...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jenson refuses to price match again-screenhunter_01-dec.-02-19.54.gif  

Trail Ninja
    Taking 4 days to ship it to you sounds like it could've had a shipment come in from a wholesaler and fit in with the suspicion that it doesn't fit in with Jenson's policies, regarding their definition of "In Stock". You made the wiser decision if lowest price is all that you're after and don't mind the wait, but your attitude towards Jenson for misunderstanding them is what is causing all the racket here. Rather than call Jenson up and ask for clarification, you bashed them and everyone who knew better pretty much are calling you out for misunderstanding it and how childish you are for carrying on with the attitude despite so many trying to offer a more composed way of perceiving it and dealing with it.

Edit: At first glance, I thought they shipped on a non-business day (look at calendar and see 1 lands on a Sunday), but I was looking at calendar wrong--I was looking at the month of December rather than November and see that it Jan 1 that was a Sunday and Dec 1 was a Thursday (duh, it was yesterday... I'm so dumb).
    Last edited by Varaxis; 12-02-2011 at 08:30 PM.

mtbr member
    FYI, Jenson does not drop ship, and they certainly don't drop ship from MN. That is the location of their 2nd warehouse. I'm one of their vendors, and know this to be a fact. And yes, QBP is located around the corner from Jenson's warehouse in MN, and they purchase from them, but ship from their warehouse there.
    Last edited by gosser66; 12-03-2011 at 08:38 AM.

EDR
    COJ. Not to beat a dead horse but did you read the terms and conditions pertaining to price matching? If yes then you're just trying to scam Jenson. If no, then why not?
    Here is a cut and paste from the pop up screen when you try to price match on their site.
    -Price Matching voids any currently advertised Jenson USA promotions or special offers (i.e. free shipping, free headset...). If the competitor offers free shipping on the specific item, Jenson USA will still match the price and free shipping offer

-The identical items must be in stock and ready for immediate delivery at the competing dealer.

-Our policy on “too good to be true” Internet websites:

You will find website bicycle supply companies that appear to have every component known on their website. But when you ask for stock or delivery information, you find that there is no inventory and it will be an unpredictable amount of time to receive your parts. If you have the time, this is not a problem. But if you want to know what you are getting and when you’re getting it, be aware of these sites.

Honestly, did you read the terms or have you ever, and if so under what pretense do you think you are owed a price match? It's all right there in black and white. If you did read it then you're just acting like one of those kids with rich parents who have a serious self-entitlement issue where you think everything is owed to you. If you didn't read them then you are simply ignorant to the terms, and the only excuse for that is not reading them.

Merry Christmas BTW!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    You should respond to a comment with something that actually correlates to things being said....No on stated Jenson has a "holier than thou" attitude to drop shipping. They said they wouldn't price match a product they have In-stock in their stores or warehouse's to an item being drop shipped, which is common practice among many retailers. They do drop ship some items that are not in stock and if you notice on their website those items are listed with later shipping dates and not as in stock. One should never bend the truth in an attempt to sway an argument in ones direction then get a from someone who is just as distorted. Make sense? You should get an A for Effort but an F for Execution....better yet, here's a

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    why am I reading this threrad at 3 in the morning
    I have a bike to ride tomorrow

good luck with the rim COJ

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    This is getting to be a long thread for JensonUSA not PMing.

Here is my 2 cent, being in Canada, JensonUSA is actually one of the best US online bike store. Their price match is one of the best. CBO is ok but it gives you a code. Altho the code is generated after their system says they have approved the price match, your checkout total when you hit the final 'submit on your credit' is still the value before price match (which I don't like). Also, altho their site has everything, many items that says ships in 3 days can actually be ship in 30 days. It has happened to me many times. Their shipping is very very very slow. Performance price match is also a pain as you have to call. Their customer service is also one of the worst. I have never tried Hucknroll but Universalcycle PM system works quite well as well.

After all, one other reason I like JensonUSA is the fast shipping, no duty and no $ at the door for ordering in Canada. Many other stores force customer to take FedEx or UPS package and can cause problems with international orders. For large stores, I know Pricepoint, CBO, UniversalCycle goes with USPS and Performance as well (if they listen)

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Received my rims from bike.com. Arrived exactly 5 business day from the time I pressed click on my mouse to place the order. All things considered it was pretty fast shiiping. I also received my Cane Creek 110 for $78 (sold out). I placed another order for two more rims today. Overall my experience with bike.com has been positive. I did call customer service to cancel my original order so i could modify it and the representative responded right away. They even sent me another 10% off coupon today.

mtbr member
    Okay, I take back everything I said about JensonUSA being slow to price-match, I think I previously submitted one over a holiday weekend and to a fake site that I didn't even realize was a scam (Manitoubikes.com).

But submitted a price-match late last night for some Maxxis Ardent 26x2.4 EXO tires they had listed for $56, and I tried to get them to $45 that a UK vendor had them for.

Price-matched approved and will be ordering soon.
    konahonzo

offroader
    Dec 2008
    I thought $45 was regular price for ardents? Price point has had them at that price for months

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast