Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    offroader
    Dec 2008

Jenson Price match bull again.

Jenson does it again..

jenson refuses to price match again

Your recent price match request was declined for Shimano XTR Trail BR-M988 Disc Brake, Right, Rear Brake, No Rotor in the amount of $189.98. The reason for the decline will be stated below:
    Sorry, we cannot match prices with Bluesky Cycling on Shimano product. Bluesky is selling OEM product without packaging (not the same as our new product) without disclosing this to the consumer. The Jenson USA item you are requesting a match on is brand new in Shimano retail packaging with USA warranty.
    BlueSkyCycling.com - Shimano XTR M988 IceTech Trail Disc Brake w/Adapter

Called bluesky they are selling the full retail version. Jenson's price match policy a joke. They make up ******** excuses whenever they want.

edit:

Jenson assumed it was OE. Just like they assumed the the rims were out of stock (they arrived in 3 business days) jenson refuses to price match again , and just like they assumed the eggbeater SL pedals from blusky were OE (they were full retail packaging including cleats). They make up excuses not to price match. If anyone wants proof I can give it to them I have invoiceof the rims I ordered arriving within 3 buisiness days, and I have the invoice of the eggbeaters and shots of 4 pairs of them in my basement still in their box.

What would be better is Jenson changed the wording on their price match to say "We price match most competitors, but if it's too low then we won't" I would not fault them for it. Just quit with the bull excuses it just pisses people off.

edit:

Think about it this way. A company says on their site "Price Match" yet they refuse to price match certain prices because they happen to have inside knowledge of the other businesses practices. How is the customer supposed to which are legitimate claims and which were fabricated in order to skirt their price match guaranty? The customer had no way of knowing who is telling the truth. They choose who and when to price match and customer are left guessing as to who and what to believe
    Last edited by CupOfJava; 12-07-2012 at 01:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Honestly I'd trust Jenson over BlueSky. I've ordered from BlueSky several times and always received brand new parts but out of the original packaging. Whether or not it's a take-off part it's not being sold as a brand new part.

If Jenson won't match, try Treefort or Universal.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    If Jenson won't match, try Treefort or Universal.
    Universal's price match is a joke. I have tried over 12 times in the past two months and I get the same response from Universal Cycles every time:

"Unfortunately we can not meet your request for a price match of $xx.xx. The best price that we can offer is $xx.xx."

B.Ike
    or buy from blue sky? I got xt brakes from them recently and they were take offs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by elwoodturner View Post
    or buy from blue sky? I got xt brakes from them recently and they were take offs.
    Yeah, if you want the Bluesky price, why not just buy from them?

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    We get it, OP, you don't like Jenson. You've made this point tirelessly. Question is why you keep shopping there. Are you just dense or employed by a competitor?

That said, I recently purchased a set of XT brakes from Bluesky. They were "new" in the unused sense, but not in retail packaging. I'm pleased for my needs, but certainly see why other retailers won't price match.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    We get it, OP, you don't like Jenson. You've made this point tirelessly. Question is why you keep shopping there. Are you just dense or employed by a competitor?

That said, I recently purchased a set of XT brakes from Bluesky. They were "new" in the unused sense, but not in retail packaging. I'm pleased for my needs, but certainly see why other retailers won't price match.
    So if they are indeed not in retail boxes.....then yes, they are OE parts....whether they were installed or not.

Jenson has every right deny the Price Match for that reason.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member

Agreed. Purchased some elixir r from bluesky before but did not mention 'OE' in the description or title. I got brakes that were in plastic packaging in a plain/unmarked box with brake hoses that were 'pre-lengthened.' I wasn't born yesterday.

I don't doubt bluesky's 'best price guarantee' but at least list if what we are buying OE or actually 'new' in retail packaging in the description or title... at least Jenson does.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Yeah, if you want the Bluesky price, why not just buy from them?
    Because he wants OEM packaging.

mtbr member
    Since when does a business have to sell you their products at the price you want? If they wont sell it at the price you can find somewhere then don't buy there. It's their business and they have the right to refuse to sell you something at a certain price.

Idiotic post.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    May 2009
    the point is that they are saying they will price match. However, that pricematch has to be apples to apples. I'm sure bluesky sells some stuff that is packaged appropriately, but they also oem takeoffs. since they don't indicate what you're getting, Jenson can't pricematch apples to apples. I agree with their decision based on that. If bluesky indicated oem takeoff or new in package, then you have a right to be upset.

btw, I prefer pricepoint to jenson.

-joel

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Seriously why bother having a price match policy when all you do is cherry pick the prices you want to match and deny the rest. It's a classic bait and switch policy designed to make buyers think they're getting the very best deal when they're not.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava View Post
    Seriously why bother having a price match policy when all you do is cherry pick the prices you want to match and deny the rest. It's a classic bait and switch policy designed to make buyers think they're getting the very best deal when they're not.

Because when you price match it is done on a level playing field. Price matching OEM against retailers that are doing nothing more than parting out bikes is a sure way to put yourself out of business. Why do you think they offer parts without OEM packaging? Get a fcuking clue.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Again, if there isnt a difference, then why dont you just buy them from blue sky?

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Again, if there isnt a difference, then why dont you just buy them from blue sky?
    Yes, every time Jenson denies a price match I went ahead ordered the item anyway. And every time Jenson was wrong.

ps. I want to thank the shills for the negative feedback.

B.Ike
    I'm sorry dude, but you come off as the shill in this situation.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Go back and search the OP's posting history. He's a lunatic.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Jenson does it again..

BlueSkyCycling.com - Shimano XTR M988 IceTech Trail Disc Brake w/Adapter

Called bluesky they are selling the full retail version. Jenson's price match policy a joke. They make up ******** excuses whenever they want.
    Yawn. Next.

B.Ike
    how did he go from red rep to 8 in 3 hours?

mtbr member
    Indeed.

Add Jenson USA the list of stores that suck

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    I always wonder this too.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    So if they are indeed not in retail boxes.....then yes, they are OE parts....whether they were installed or not.

Jenson has every right deny the Price Match for that reason.
    Agreed, I've gotten OE from bluesky.
    But then again, I expected it and don't really care if it has a box. I'd rather save a ton of money over getting a box that's going to be thrown away.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    IMO it's silly to expect someone to price match a retail product with the price of an OEM product. It costs them more and they could easily be losing money to do so.

I've been on the other side of this with multiple verticals in ecommerce. While OEM is the same main product, it's often not just a matter of having or not having a package. It can affect the warranty you get as well as far as length of warranty, replacement/repair options, warranty shipping, and who deals with you (vendor/reseller vs. manufacturer). OEM also sometimes has less accessories (everything from screws and cables) with the product.

There may be very little differences in some products, but if that stuff is important to you, be sure and check.

mtbr member
    I recently went through this and called bluesky about the OEM statement and was told that everything they sell is under manufacturer warranty unless otherwise noted. Any truth to this?

I also will note that the item I was attempting to pm was $89 at Jenson and $79 at bluesky but bluesky charged $10 shipping so really Jenson was already pm'd.

Anyone know what blueskys policy on pm is since I found the same item for $68 at crc, and Jenson won't match them either?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillout2010 View Post
    I recently went through this and called bluesky about the OEM statement and was told that everything they sell is under manufacturer warranty unless otherwise noted. Any truth to this?

I also will note that the item I was attempting to pm was $89 at Jenson and $79 at bluesky but bluesky charged $10 shipping so really Jenson was already pm'd.

Anyone know what blueskys policy on pm is since I found the same item for $68 at crc, and Jenson won't match them either?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

A lot of etailers won't price match from across the pond. It would have to be from another shop in the US.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast