Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava View Post
    "Guaranteed price match" is misleading and blatantly false..
    I don't see anywhere that states "guaranteed". Either way, it was always my understanding that a price match is for identical items. This is like trying to get a store to sell you a new boxed television for the price of the discounted floor model. Sure, nobody has owned the floor model, but, its not exactly new either. Not the same thing.

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Isn't capitalism fun?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I think in this case you will find the Jenson part probably has twice the warranty of the Blue sky company.

Todd

mtbr member
    i asked a jenson rep how do they know blue sky sells oem stuff. the rep said they have bought most of the shimano items blue sky has from time to time, to check to see if it is oem or not. everytime time all the parts came in a plastic bag, no retail packaging.

Wēk Ss
    FWIW, I've bought a bunch of stuff from Blue Sky Cycling over time. The items on sale. I've never received retail packaging on anything except for saddles. Every time I shop Blue Sky Cycling, I expect OEM packaging, but I'm not one who really cares. The only OEM item that would concern me are tires as OEM is not always to the same spec as retail. They are sometimes heavier or thicker and stiff and hard.

Bike Virgin
    Aug 2012
    Jenson price matched a set of pedals for me on my first and only purchase with them. It took about an hour and was easy like Sunday morning. I avoided shipping and jipped the Fed out of their taxes. I'll definitely use Jenson again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Get a lawyer and sue them.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

mtbr member
    I find jenson to be hit and miss. I did get them to match a cassette that I found cheaper on amazon and a set of bb7 160mm that was 39.98 on price point. I do feel like they do the best they can. I have nothing but good things to say about Jenson or bluesky.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

GAME ON!
    ruh roh
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    HAPPY

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    If you only shop at places that claim to be price matching, instead of just starting with whoever has the cheapest price, you're a complete moron and deserve to be treated as such.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    I'm hoping Santa locks and throws away the key to this thread.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
    If you only shop at places that claim to be price matching, instead of just starting with whoever has the cheapest price, you're a complete moron and deserve to be treated as such.
    Aside from the overreaching global comment... I do the above to avoid shipping charges and/or taxes. If I'm getting free shipping from another retailer, it would be better to order more from them. Because if I start a new order with another vendor, I might not order enough to avoid shipping charges. So if the first vendor is willing to pricematch, I'm able to get the cheapest price (or sometime the cheapest that they can do) and free shipping. Am a still "a complete moron and deserve to be treated as such"?

Rogue Exterminator
    Why get you panties all knotted up about this?

Just order it from the cheaper place.

Problem solved.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtyling View Post
    I'm hoping Santa locks and throws away the key to this thread.

Well it pretty much died on its own a week ago.......until you resurrected it....hoping it would just die.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    Honestly I'd trust Jenson over BlueSky. I've ordered from BlueSky several times and always received brand new parts but out of the original packaging. Whether or not it's a take-off part it's not being sold as a brand new part.

If Jenson won't match, try Treefort or Universal.
    Same here Jenson is a great company and very reliable

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I've had nothing but great experiences with Jensen. Treefort is good too.

re member
    Jenson bought a widget for 50 bux.

I want them to sell it to me for 45 bux. And free shipping. And no tax.

They won't.

Jenson sucks, I hate them.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    They just priced matched a Kreitler fork stand for me. Saved me $16.00 & free shipping!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Just had jenson price match me some XTs from Nashbar, for $5 more than their OEM bits. I really like Jenson.

edit: and some hayes rotors, and a vivid spring.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    FWIW, I've bought a bunch of stuff from Blue Sky Cycling over time. The items on sale. I've never received retail packaging on anything except for saddles. Every time I shop Blue Sky Cycling, I expect OEM packaging, but I'm not one who really cares. The only OEM item that would concern me are tires as OEM is not always to the same spec as retail. They are sometimes heavier or thicker and stiff and hard.
    I'm new to this thread. Are we still talking about bike parts???
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    The only thing that sucks about the Jenson price match is that they sometimes dont offer the parts I'm looking for . . . so I cant match the price and use their free shipping policy as well.

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    I'm new to this thread. Are we still talking about bike parts???
    No, it's a dildo I ordered for anal pleasure.

I meant tires. :P Some OEM tires are not actually what is spec'd on manufacturer's websites. I know this is true for WTB. OEM tires are usually heavier, by a 200-300g, for WTB, with thicker casing.

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    How about Blue Sky Cycling XT build kit? $850 good deal. Expect OEM to be the same as packaged?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolie View Post
    How about Blue Sky Cycling XT build kit? $850 good deal. Expect OEM to be the same as packaged?
    Check out Total Cycling:

Groupsets - MTB: Total Cycling

1) Shimano XT M775 Group With Hydraulic Brakes - 10sp Triple $595.12
    2) Shimano 2012 XT M785 Group With Hydraulic Brakes - 10sp Triple $692.22

Shipping is ~$20 via the post office (max $10 brokerage fee in Canada).

The prices at Merlin Cycles are slightly better but they are out of stock at the moment:

Shimano Groupsets | Merlin Cycles

1) Shimano XT M780 2 x 10 Disc Brake Groupset - Black $703.00-$35.16= $667.84
    2) Shimano XT M780 3 x 10 Disc Brake Groupset - Black $703.00-$35.16= $667.84

Merlin uses UPS to ship groupsets (to Canada at least). They don't charge for shipping but UPS means I would get hit with big brokerage fees.

You could also try:

MTB, Gruppen, Antrieb & Schaltung, Komponenten
    Bike24 - Groupsets of Shimano and SRAM
    - I avoided these because they ship via DHL and in Canada they also charge big brokerage fees.

Just purchased the 2012 group from Total Cycling. TC's prices are slightly higher and they charge for shipping but, knock on wood, most shipments I get in the mail are not charged any taxes/duties for some unknown reason. Even if I do end up having to pay tax, the shipping cost+higher price probably equals the UPS brokerage fees so the difference would be minimal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast