Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    I don't know every company's policy on OE product, but I know Shimano's is that it's the retailer's or manufacturer's (Giant, Trek, Spec) responsibility and not them. If you buy a new bike and brakes crap out, you deal with the frame manufacturer, not Shimano. So yeah, OE is a big factor and I can definitely see why Jenson won't PM it. You're not even close to comparing the same things at that point. Yeah, it might be the same part, but with warranty considerations in there, it changes the game to me.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scottap2003 View Post
    I don't know every company's policy on OE product, but I know Shimano's is that it's the retailer's or manufacturer's (Giant, Trek, Spec) responsibility and not them. If you buy a new bike and brakes crap out, you deal with the frame manufacturer, not Shimano. So yeah, OE is a big factor and I can definitely see why Jenson won't PM it. You're not even close to comparing the same things at that point. Yeah, it might be the same part, but with warranty considerations in there, it changes the game to me.
    Jenson assumed it was OE. Just like they assumed the the rims were out of stock (they arrived in 3 business days) jenson refuses to price match again , and just like they assumed the eggbeater SL pedals from blusky were OE (they were full retail packaging including cleats). They make up excuses not to price match. If anyone wants proof I can give it to them I have invoiceof the rims I ordered arriving within 3 buisiness days, and I have the invoice of the eggbeaters and shots of 4 pairs of them in my basement still in their box.

What would be better is Jenson changed the wording on their price match to say "We price match most competitors, but if it's too low then we won't" I would not fault them for it. Just quit with the bull excuses it just pisses people off.
    Last edited by CupOfJava; 12-07-2012 at 11:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    On an (inversely?) related note, I love that Jenson will credit you money if you buys something and then find them selling it for less a few days later. Yay for JensonUSA!

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava View Post
    Yes, every time Jenson denies a price match I went ahead ordered the item anyway. And every time Jenson was wrong.
    Well, they're right this time. It's been extensively reported on this site that blue sky's brakes are oem.

Warrior's Society
    OP.......they just don't like you.

They have your picture mounted on the wall under the "Blacklisted......Don't Price Match This Customer".
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

AZ
    banned
    Jenson assumed it was OE.

Uhmmmm, why would they assume that? That's right, because bluesky is notorious for it. If you hate Jenson so much shop somewhere else, otherwise stuff a sock in your yap and go ride your bike.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    I'd ASSUME it too, considering how little BSC sells that is truly new in box product. OEM product is not the same, no matter how you try to sugar coat it. You have it out for Jenson and any time you don't get exactly what you want, you pull out your whiny entitled little jackass act and try to slam them online. I doubt you know much of jack about how a small business works and what it takes to put food on the table. BSC plays underhanded little games on their page and does not advertise honestly in any way. Yeah, you can say I have it out for them, because they ripped me years ago with a product that malfunctioned and would have been warrantied had it not been OEM, but I've dealt with tons of online shops and all the others are pretty explicit in saying OEM/OE/Take-off, etc. BSC is the only one I know that tries to hide it.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    What would be better is Jenson changed the wording on their price match to say "We price match most competitors, but if it's too low then we won't" I would not fault them for it. Just quit with the bull excuses it just pisses people off.

AZ
    banned

It pisses you off. Almost everyone else has the ability to reason this out for themselves. You on the other hand are having trouble with sorting this out, even with all these kind, generous people attempting to guide you, show you the error of your ways. Einstein had something to say about actions of these types.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Article Source: Einstein - Definition of Insanity

mtbr member
    Simple solution: Never buy from Jenson. Never post about Jenson again.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Even more simple solution: If you attempt to buy from Jenson again, go slam your jimmy in a door first, then you can have something real to whine about.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    "Blacklisted......Don't Price Match This Customer".
    I called the jerk store. They wouldn't price match him.

mtbr member
    What would be better
    ..... if you stopped complaining.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Jenson just needs to change the wording to "We will only price match on most items as long as it's still profitable." "Guaranteed price match" is misleading and blatantly false..

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Think about it this way. A company says on their site "Price Match" yet they refuse to price match certain prices because they happen to have inside knowledge of the other businesses practices. How is the customer supposed to which are legitimate claims and which were fabricated in order to skirt their price match guaranty? The customer had no way of knowing who is telling the truth. They choose who and when to price match and customer are left guessing as to who and what to believe.
    Last edited by CupOfJava; 12-07-2012 at 01:12 PM.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Is it possible to be this stupid and still be a living/functioning human who can type? Regardless, everyone else please join me in welcoming the newest addition to my ignore list ...

mtbr member
    Add this thread to the Mtbr WTF? sticky. Derail commence.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    Is it possible to be this stupid and still be a living/functioning human who can type? Regardless, everyone else please join me in welcoming the newest addition to my ignore list ...
    Brilliant! calling someone you don't agree with "stupid" is the one of the best response I've ever heard. Isn't that kind of like the pot calling the kettle black?

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    You want Jenson to change the wording of their policy, but you have no problem with BSC selling you OEM products and claiming them to be new? I have some condoms that haven't been used, but they're out of the packaging, you want to buy a few?

Cow Clicker
    Uploaded with Imgupr
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

Sup
    HAPPY
    Last edited by Burnt-Orange; 12-11-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    HAPPY
    ^^^

Now that is just too damn funny!!
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*

offroader
    Dec 2008