遅すぎ
    Apr 2008

Jenson online parking lot sale

Starts today (3/26) @ 9AM PST. It was pretty lame last year, but there might be some decent deals. See for yourself:

2013 Online Parking Lot Sale | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Not bad, some prices are pretty sick but limited size and mainly old stock.
    I don't mind old stock but in the past couple years, the industry is changing too fast.

like wheels from 9mm to 15qr (in XC at least)
    matching 15QR fork needed
    taper headtube needs taper headset and taper fork
    change to pf30 and bb30, where thread bb value drops to the floor
    11 and 10 speed - 9 spd stuff are worthless
    and it goes on

if you are in the market for odd and old size, there are some deals like...
    Hope Ceramic BB
    Outlet: Hope Ceramic BB Cups > 2013 Online Parking Lot Sale | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    XT crankset
    Outlet: Shimano XT FC-M780 Crankset > 2013 Online Parking Lot Sale | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    Time ATAC XS Carbon
    Outlet: Time Atac XS Carbon Pedals > 2013 Online Parking Lot Sale | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    Truvativ Noir XC 3.3 Crankset 10
    Outlet: Truvativ Noir XC 3.3 Crankset 10 > 2013 Online Parking Lot Sale | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    Sram X.9 10 Speed Crankset BB30
    Outlet:Sram X.9 10 Speed Crankset BB30 > 2013 Online Parking Lot Sale | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    FOXSHOX32 100RL Tpeer Steer'10 Oe
    OUTLET:FOXSHOX32 100RL Tpeer Steer'10 Oe > 2013 Online Parking Lot Sale | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

etc

reading comprehension wat
    Don't really see any bargains, but decent sale prices on some stuff that rivals used prices on eBay and classifieds. Well, at least bargains on stuff I'm interested in. I was hoping for some flat pedals. There's bargains like that Totem for under $300 and there *was* Joplin 4 under $100. Also a Jet 9 RDO with SID fork for $1750 or so. That XT 786 clutch RD $86 or Zee RD $64 would've tempted me if I didn't have one already.
    I like to jump to conclusions, oversimplify, gossip, and participate in popularity polls.

Actually, that's prob just me not recognizing quality and telling myself not to be tempted by the blinging stuff. Things like that $80 CK headset is prob cheap for CK and is in that nice Sotto Red color, but to me, I can't justify that. Cool to window shop though.
    I like to jump to conclusions, oversimplify, gossip, and participate in popularity polls.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    ah, gone are the old days of the Parking Lot Sale, where you would line up at their warehouse (in their old Ontario location) and as soon as they open the gates everyone would rush in and just start snatching stuff up. It always sold out in like 20 minutes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowerman View Post
    ah, gone are the old days of the Parking Lot Sale, where you would line up at their warehouse (in their old Ontario location) and as soon as they open the gates everyone would rush in and just start snatching stuff up. It always sold out in like 20 minutes.
    Online sale for picked over pretty quick too. I had stuff disappear from my basket as I was getting ready to check out.

Scored a 2011 SID Worldcup for $200. No complaints from me. Great sale if you are upgrading a bike that's more than 3 years old.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    didn't see a lot of good deals...not on scratch'n'dent stuff, at least. Rather buy whatever's on steepandcheap. I still love jenson though...maybe they're regular prices have just dulled by vision.

It started before the email was sent out. Think it started 8:59 AM PST and the e-mail reminder sent out at 9:35 or so. They killed the deals before the day was over, but the link was still up. Maybe I also had my judgement dulled by shopping used and eBay and other sale prices. I'm thinking about those Deity Compound Pedals anyways.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I got a set of spank handle bars. Thanks for posting this!

mtbr member
    If you didnt get in in the first 10-15 minutes, a bunch of stuff was gone fast.

I had some good luck. I saw (but couldnt purchase fast enough) a set of SLX cranks, with rings (175mm), for $60. listed as a couple shipping scratches on left arm.

The deals were there...