@adelorenzo

Jenson deal on WTB Laser V saddle

I just picked up a couple of WTB Laser V Progel saddles from Jenson for $38 each, MSRP $120. Seemed like a good deal to me.

Progel are 2005 model, they don't make them anymore. Anyone compare them to the regular Laser V?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have the Pure V in Race and ProGel versions. The ProGel does seem to feel a little cushier, but then it might just be my imagination. Either way, I think WTB makes some nice seats. Pretty hard to beat at that price.

No, that's not phonetic
    MSRP may be $120 on the Ti railed model, but no way on a chro-mo railed saddle. That listed MSRP is BS.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    MSRP may be $120 on the Ti railed model, but no way on a chro-mo railed saddle. That listed MSRP is BS.
    I actually do not see the MSRP listed on jenson.

@adelorenzo
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Just got them today. They are listed as the model that was between the Race model (Cro) and the Team model (Ti). They look like great seats, MSRP or not, definitely worth $40.

The box is at home right now, but if I recall correctly it looks similar to this saddle at Cambria
    that they list for $80 (MSRP $100).

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Have you tried out the saddle yet? I saw this yesterday on Jenson and need to replace my old saddle which has little to no cushion.

@adelorenzo
    Quote Originally Posted by motor_werke
    Have you tried out the saddle yet? I saw this yesterday on Jenson and need to replace my old saddle which has little to no cushion.
    I haven't tried it. I don't plan to mount it on my current bike, I'm stocking parts for a new bike build, if it ever shows up. The frame and wheels have taken over six weeks so far, still waiting...

It feels pretty squishy, also disturbingly light: hopefully there is enough underneath the gel to stand up. The rails are NiCro, whatever the heck that is.

Regards,
    Anthony