mtbr member
    Apr 2004

ISO 1(one) Yakima Q Tower

While trying to put longer bars on my car, I broke one of the Q towers. The filmsy plastic cover snapped off while I was trying to close it. It should still be under warrenty, but I have no idea what I did with the receits. Would hate to have to buy a pair if not needed. If you have an extra Q tower sittting around I'd love to take it off your hands. Will compensate fairly. Please email me at: benfrench AT gmail DOT com. Thanks

I love burritos.
    Quote Originally Posted by souperphly
    While trying to put longer bars on my car, I broke one of the Q towers. The filmsy plastic cover snapped off while I was trying to close it. It should still be under warrenty, but I have no idea what I did with the receits. Would hate to have to buy a pair if not needed. If you have an extra Q tower sittting around I'd love to take it off your hands. Will compensate fairly. Please email me at: benfrench AT gmail DOT com. Thanks
    Which plastic cover are you referring to? Have you tried calling Yakima directly? If it's a part on the Q-Tower that looks like it can be replaced, Yakima should be able to send you that part for a nominal fee, if not for free. When I spoke to Yakima about warrantying a part of my Steelhead, they just asked me when I bought it. They didn't require a receipt.

I also had to bring in another Steelhead for warranty at REI. They keep everyone's purchases on record so I didn't need a receipt. I traded in the Steelhead and upgraded to a Viper instead.

Why pay for new stuff when you don't really have to?

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by souperphly
    If you don't find your receipts and still need a part, e-me. I have a couple of Q-towers which got tweaked in a bike-meets-garage door incident. I don't remember if the covers are intact, but I'll take a look. kts at columbia dot edu

Kathy :^)
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.