Thread: ICYCLES is back

sofa king special

ICYCLES is back

So, I got this email this weekend:

Your source for awesome deals on bike parts is back! We've kept the happy people, gotten rid of the grumps and added even more fun stuff! Check us out, our prices and customer service is better than ever!
    http://www.ICYCLESUSA.com/
    Save BIG on Bike Parts!

Seems like the same stock they had when they went down, but that's not necessarily a bad thing...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    this is the scammer's store that was said to be run out of a kid's dorm room, right?

Stiff yet compliant
    We've kept the happy people, gotten rid of the grumps...
    I thought that place was a one man operation.

banned
    iCYCLES was awful. They would flub orders and make the responsibility yours to pay for return shipping. Having "internet fraud" as my CC would classify it as was pretty useful.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustache rider
    I thought that place was a one man operation.
    The owner is referring to his multiple personalities here.

sofa king special
    Hmm. I ordered from them twice that I can remember, I think brakes and at least one derailer, cables, etc. Didn't have any problems, but maybe I was lucky?

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    And if you dared complain about them, or didn't leave glowing positive feedback, they'd block you from bidding on their ebay auctions. I wasn't sorry to see them shut down.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I found this thread just after placing an order with icyclesusa.com. Because of some of the negative posts to this thread, I became concerned that I might have made a mistake, but everything turned out well. The items that I ordered were correct - i.e. I actually got what I ordered. The order arrived within about a week and in good condition.

MarbletownMayhem

Another unhappy Icycles "Customer" (they don't get it)

Pity the fool who is thinking of buying from Icycles. Don't. Jan 2009: All I won from eBay was worry and concern. Never did get item, salvaged the deal with "resolution" - only once did they ever "communicate". $80.00 order never confirmed. Have bought from ebay over 1 hundred purchases, this one stands out as the pits. So long, I-C you'll never see me again, and what's laughable, you'll be glad.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    It's run out of a guy's house, not dorm.

banned
    I hope he goes out of business again.

MarbletownMayhem

On the other hand...

If you want the polar opposite experience, try Skagitcycle. Received same item in 3 days, excellent communication. They are a quality outfitter. Bottom line is, you can research sellers in forums like this (MTBR - thanks!) before you trust someone on ebay just because they have high 90's rating. Or you risk being in that 1, 2, 3 or more % of negative feedback. Stick with sellers confident enough to put their address and contact info in the description area. 'nuff said. Let's ride.