mtbr member
    Aug 2004

I just placed an order with Performance

Should I be worried about the length of time it will take to be shipped to me?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Tire
    Please tell me you are joking Phat. Didn't you see the long thread on this topic?

Depending on where you live, if you did not specify 2nd day shipping for a measly extra $3 or so, you will be waiting for 2 weeks. At least that's how long it took me to receive orders until I wised up.

I still order from Performance more than other shops- the 20% off coupon that seems to be semi-permanent with new ones posted regularly by kind souls here, makes it hard to resist.

But you gotta specify 2nd day shipping unless you really don't care how long it takes.

enduro rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Tire
    I know there are quite a few folks here who had problems with Performance. FWIW, I've been lucky and so far have never experienced any shipping delays from them.

So far this year I''ve purchased about $1000 worth of stuff from their online store (20% off makes their prices great). I'm a team performance member so I get the free 2-day upgraded shipping and I never order anything out of stock (according to their website). As long as I did my orders before 3PM EST, they have shipped my stuff the same day. My recent experience, I ordered something last Friday morning and on Monday morning I called them to ask for the order number (not the web order number) which I could use to track my order online. Normally I'd expect it to arrive on Tuesday but to my surprise, the package had already been delivered to my work's shipping/receiving department that morning!

So my advice to you is, call them up tomorrow and ask if it has been shipped. Better yet, ask for the order number so you can track it online. If you did a phone order, then you can use the number they gave you directly in their website. YMMV, good luck.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Ditto on great service from Performance

They've been really fast, just check on items that might be out of stock and followup with a phone call or the feature that lets you check order status online. 2day upgrade is well worth it people! And free for TeamP members.