mtbr member

hucknroll.com has won my business

A couple of weeks ago, hucknroll had their fox striker helmets on sale, but only in certain colors. They had the silver and the red/white/black ones for $59. All of the other colors were still $119. I assumed that I needed a L/XL helmet based on the measurement that my previous helmet was (a bell helmet from target). I ordered the red/white/black for $59 with free shipping. The helmet made it to my house on monday and I tried it on. It seemed really big compared to my old helmet, so I looked at the box and it said "59cm-some higher number". I went and measured my head..... 57.5 cm.

I looked at hucknroll's site and the fox measurement thing was weird, so I went to the fox site to determine the exact sizing for a 57.5cm head. It turns out that I need a S/M 56-58cm. When I made it back to hucknroll's site, they were completely out of the $59.99 ones that had been on sale. They had black, charcoal/black, and red/silver/black all for $119. I figured I'd give it a shot by doing the "chat with a gearhead", so I got on and talked to Peter. I asked him if I could exchange my helmet for a smaller one and not have to pay the difference, even though none of the other colors were ever on sale. Those other ones were always $119. He worked some things out and did some magic. Now I have a S/M black fox striker on the way to my house.... all without having to pay the difference.

This was my first hucknroll order. I've done a lot of ordering through amazon and pricepoint. This hucknroll order was actually originally through the amazon marketplace. I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with hucknroll and will be looking there first for everything else I need.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drwx View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, hucknroll had their fox striker helmets on sale, but only in certain colors. They had the silver and the red/white/black ones for $59. All of the other colors were still $119. I assumed that I needed a L/XL helmet based on the measurement that my previous helmet was (a bell helmet from target). I ordered the red/white/black for $59 with free shipping. The helmet made it to my house on monday and I tried it on. It seemed really big compared to my old helmet, so I looked at the box and it said "59cm-some higher number". I went and measured my head..... 57.5 cm.

I looked at hucknroll's site and the fox measurement thing was weird, so I went to the fox site to determine the exact sizing for a 57.5cm head. It turns out that I need a S/M 56-58cm. When I made it back to hucknroll's site, they were completely out of the $59.99 ones that had been on sale. They had black, charcoal/black, and red/silver/black all for $119. I figured I'd give it a shot by doing the "chat with a gearhead", so I got on and talked to Peter. I asked him if I could exchange my helmet for a smaller one and not have to pay the difference, even though none of the other colors were ever on sale. Those other ones were always $119. He worked some things out and did some magic. Now I have a S/M black fox striker on the way to my house.... all without having to pay the difference.

This was my first hucknroll order. I've done a lot of ordering through amazon and pricepoint. This hucknroll order was actually originally through the amazon marketplace. I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with hucknroll and will be looking there first for everything else I need.
    They are a very good company

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Backcounty is the best in the business.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    +1 on Hucknroll. The first place I check for anything bike related. Great people to chat with too. And yes I think they do perform magic at times.

bog
    mtbr member
    Peter is really good. I had a question about an item and he had someone run down to the warehouse to crack the box for me to check. Can't do that with many online sites!
    SC Tallboy C : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL DA9070

mtbr member
    backcounty is the best, ordered many times from them
    08 Ironhorse Yakuza
    04 Santa Cruz V10
    15 Gravity Bullseye Monster
    04 Giant Simple

My craigslist for sale

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronyc View Post
    +1 on .
    +2, they are great

mtbr member
    they are great, too bad their shipping prices to canada are astronomical. i've ordered stuff in the past from them and had it shipped to a friend in the states, they've since returned to canada so that's out and so is hunknroll unfortunately

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    they are great, too bad their shipping prices to canada are astronomical. i've ordered stuff in the past from them and had it shipped to a friend in the states, they've since returned to canada so that's out and so is hunknroll unfortunately
    Same here - what starts as a good deal doesn't look so good after adding $30-40 for shipping to Canada...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Backcountry.com and their affiliates are the best customer service operation on the net. I will stop there first when looking online.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    They do have great service, unfortunately, their shipping costs to Canada are very high.
    I ordered some stuff from them as I am away on holidays in the US and was able to use their free shipping.
    When I was using their online help, the person on the other end of the computer informed me that hucknroll own competitive cycles and I could look for more stuff on the CC site and add to my order.

Eric

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Backcounty is the best in the business.
    word!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    more kudos to hucknroll. i ordered a complete bike. it arrived saftely, they had a great priced, and they promptly addressed a few issues i had with the bike including a defective rotor and rear derailluer. awesome company would def. recommend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jpk1080 View Post
    more kudos to hucknroll. i ordered a complete bike. it arrived saftely, they had a great priced, and they promptly addressed a few issues i had with the bike including a defective rotor and rear derailluer. awesome company would def. recommend.
    I also got a complete from them recently and the build was well done and packaging perfect.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    funny you mention the Amazon/HucknRoll connection. I looked on amazon found the product and they wanted $15 shipping. Said it would ship from HucknRoll...so I went to huncknroll's site...$6 shipping, or free if you hit $50. Nice little scam there Amazon. Obviously Hucknroll got my business.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    funny you mention the Amazon/HucknRoll connection. I looked on amazon found the product and they wanted $15 shipping. Said it would ship from HucknRoll...so I went to huncknroll's site...$6 shipping, or free if you hit $50. Nice little scam there Amazon. Obviously Hucknroll got my business.
    Oddly, Amazon doesn't get the shipping money. HnR does.

mtbr member
    I have spent way to much money with Huck N Roll. They make things so easy it is hard not to buy from them. I do miss the coupons though.
    Will Miss You Tessa
    RIP Wild Bill