Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Huck n Roll

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlowPokePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,526

    Huck n Roll

    Man...these guys have Magura Martas (I know, discontinued, but awesome brakes) for $324 shipped, and I would love to throw a pair on my new singlespeed,

    but...

    I just don't have the money

    Anybody got a coupon code that might put these within reach for me???

    SPP
    Rigid.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlowPokePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,526
    Nothing?

    SPP
    Rigid.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    79
    contact them on chat and see if they can give you a coupon code. Last time I ordered from them, that's what I did. The rep was awesome, gave me a coupon code, was extremely friendly and helpful and told me to use him as a reference if there was any issues with the order.

    It made the deal even sweeter when they told me I could come pick the order up from them.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlowPokePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,526
    Thanks ... I'll definitely give that a try.

    SPP
    Rigid.

  5. #5
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by phazeshifta View Post
    contact them on chat and see if they can give you a coupon code. Last time I ordered from them, that's what I did. The rep was awesome, gave me a coupon code, was extremely friendly and helpful and told me to use him as a reference if there was any issues with the order.

    It made the deal even sweeter when they told me I could come pick the order up from them.
    I placed a order over the phone a few days ago and they did not have any coupons available :/

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokePete View Post
    Man...these guys have Magura Martas (I know, discontinued, but awesome brakes) for $324 shipped, and I would love to throw a pair on my new singlespeed,

    but...

    I just don't have the money

    Anybody got a coupon code that might put these within reach for me???

    SPP
    either contact them thru live chat or phone them, good luck!

  7. #7
    keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Reputation: codyh12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    344
    Usually if there are no coupons they will give you 5% off your total order. It's not much but it's better than nothing.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlowPokePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,526
    Tried to get some kind of discount using live chat but no dice...

    SPP
    Rigid.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlowPokePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,526
    Well, I tried my best ... even contacting them a second time, begging for even 5% off, or throw in a set of rotors on sale for $13.50 apiece, but they still said no.
    Well, I just wanted those Martas so bad that I ordered them anyway ... $324 shipped, no tax, which is a hell of a deal that I just couldn't pass up. They actually told me that the price is $16 under cost !

    While I was at it, I ordered a spare set of rotors at $13.50 each (my LBS charges $50 each for these), and went to bed with a smile on my face, knowing that soon enough I will have to pay the piper (but even sooner, I will have these brakes for my new SS

    SPP
    Rigid.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CaptCrunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    39
    SlowPokePete, you really expected them to throw in rotors that your LBS charges $50/ea or give you 5% off brakes that are already 60% off and $16 under their cost...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Eric Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
    SlowPokePete, you really expected them to throw in rotors that your LBS charges $50/ea or give you 5% off brakes that are already 60% off and $16 under their cost...
    sounds like he was just giving it a shot like, "doesn't hurt to ask." now if he complained about them not giving a discount or not throwing something in, that's another thing.
    - 1995 Giant ATX 870
    - 2011 Salsa El Mariachi XL
    - 2011 Kona Unit (singlespeed) XL

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlowPokePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z View Post
    sounds like he was just giving it a shot like, "doesn't hurt to ask." now if he complained about them not giving a discount or not throwing something in, that's another thing.
    Exactly..not complaining, just thought I'd ask.

    More like hoping, certainly not expecting.

    And I knew it was an incredible deal...why do ou think I went ahead and bought them?

    SPP
    Rigid.

  13. #13
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,562

    Don't mean to crap on your excitement

    But I would buy a set of XT brakes. Performance has them on sale for $120 a wheel. I had Magura brakes and hated them.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlowPokePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    But I would buy a set of XT brakes. Performance has them on sale for $120 a wheel. I had Magura brakes and hated them.
    I've got them on two other bikes... Ellsworth Evolve Full Suspension and Vicious Cycles Full Rigid steel and I really like them, so I am definitely stoked to be putting them on my Niner SS full rigid,

    SPP
    Rigid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •