Thread: Huck n Roll

mtbr member

Huck n Roll

Man...these guys have Magura Martas (I know, discontinued, but awesome brakes) for $324 shipped, and I would love to throw a pair on my new singlespeed,

but...

I just don't have the money

Anybody got a coupon code that might put these within reach for me???

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Nothing?

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    contact them on chat and see if they can give you a coupon code. Last time I ordered from them, that's what I did. The rep was awesome, gave me a coupon code, was extremely friendly and helpful and told me to use him as a reference if there was any issues with the order.

It made the deal even sweeter when they told me I could come pick the order up from them.

mtbr member
    Thanks ... I'll definitely give that a try.

SPP
    Rigid.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by phazeshifta View Post
    contact them on chat and see if they can give you a coupon code. Last time I ordered from them, that's what I did. The rep was awesome, gave me a coupon code, was extremely friendly and helpful and told me to use him as a reference if there was any issues with the order.

It made the deal even sweeter when they told me I could come pick the order up from them.
    I placed a order over the phone a few days ago and they did not have any coupons available :/

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokePete View Post
    Man...these guys have Magura Martas (I know, discontinued, but awesome brakes) for $324 shipped, and I would love to throw a pair on my new singlespeed,

but...

I just don't have the money

Anybody got a coupon code that might put these within reach for me???

SPP
    either contact them thru live chat or phone them, good luck!

keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Usually if there are no coupons they will give you 5% off your total order. It's not much but it's better than nothing.

mtbr member
    Tried to get some kind of discount using live chat but no dice...

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Well, I tried my best ... even contacting them a second time, begging for even 5% off, or throw in a set of rotors on sale for $13.50 apiece, but they still said no.
    Well, I just wanted those Martas so bad that I ordered them anyway ... $324 shipped, no tax, which is a hell of a deal that I just couldn't pass up. They actually told me that the price is $16 under cost !

While I was at it, I ordered a spare set of rotors at $13.50 each (my LBS charges $50 each for these), and went to bed with a smile on my face, knowing that soon enough I will have to pay the piper (but even sooner, I will have these brakes for my new SS

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    SlowPokePete, you really expected them to throw in rotors that your LBS charges $50/ea or give you 5% off brakes that are already 60% off and $16 under their cost...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
    SlowPokePete, you really expected them to throw in rotors that your LBS charges $50/ea or give you 5% off brakes that are already 60% off and $16 under their cost...
    sounds like he was just giving it a shot like, "doesn't hurt to ask." now if he complained about them not giving a discount or not throwing something in, that's another thing.
    - 1995 Giant ATX 870
    - 2011 Salsa El Mariachi XL
    - 2011 Kona Unit (singlespeed) XL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z View Post
    sounds like he was just giving it a shot like, "doesn't hurt to ask." now if he complained about them not giving a discount or not throwing something in, that's another thing.
    Exactly..not complaining, just thought I'd ask.

More like hoping, certainly not expecting.

And I knew it was an incredible deal...why do ou think I went ahead and bought them?

SPP
    Rigid.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Don't mean to crap on your excitement

But I would buy a set of XT brakes. Performance has them on sale for $120 a wheel. I had Magura brakes and hated them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    But I would buy a set of XT brakes. Performance has them on sale for $120 a wheel. I had Magura brakes and hated them.
    I've got them on two other bikes... Ellsworth Evolve Full Suspension and Vicious Cycles Full Rigid steel and I really like them, so I am definitely stoked to be putting them on my Niner SS full rigid,

SPP
    Rigid.