Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hope or DT Swiss Crest 29er wheels

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  yamaha249 
#1 ·
Looking to buy a wheelset

Hubs = Hope Pro 2 Evo OR DT Swiss 240: w/15mm front hub and 142x12 rear hub, 6 bolt disc hubs (get price speced w/both)
Rims = Black Stan's Crest Rims
Spokes = Black 2.0/1.7 butted spokes - standard J-spoke
Nipples = Black Alum Nipples
Lacing pattern = 32h cross 3 (I am pretty sure)

Any idea of what a good price on these are

#3 ·
Any idea of what a good price on these are
Best deal you will find is right here:

Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo 29er Crest Wheelset | Wheels MTB | - Cycle Sports UK

$488.30 shipped from the UK, any color hubs you want. You will likely need the 12x142 adapter for the rear so add $15-20. FWIW - I got a set of Hope / Flow EX 27.5 from them last month. It took a couple days to get built from original order, but once complete it took 48 hours to be on my doorstep in Portland, OR from the UK !!! I cant even get stuff from Southern California that fast. No import charges or duties. Wheels were / are freaking gorgeous

Merlin also has a killer deal on same Hope Hoops but black hubs only. They have an extra 10% at checkout deal going for Hope stuff - brings the total down to $445.63 shipped (you will still need the 12x142 adapter appx $20)

Hope Hoops - Rear - Pro2 Evo - 29er | Merlin Cycles
Hope Hoops - Front - Pro2 Evo - 29er | Merlin Cycles

I actually only paid $460 for my 27.5 set from cyclesports - it looks like the price has gone up a bit. I would still pay the extra $$ to get the color hubs I wanted. Either way its hundreds less than you can get them here in the the US. I/m all about supporting my LBS but $200 - 300 goes a long way towards other LBS purchases.

#7 ·
I would highly recommend DT Swiss hubs, as long as you are sticking with the 240/340/440 series. I have had hope hubs on my DH bike and I was replacing bearings at least once a season, I usually get 2-3 seasons out of my DT Swiss bearings. I think the DT hubs have better seals compared to the Hope hubs. I would never buy Hope again for the NW climate.... you would think they are built for it being they come from the UK...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.