mtbr member
    Aug 2012

HMing 4400mAh Cree P7 LED 1200 Lumens

Good deal or not?

$32.99 from Dino Direct

Here.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Not a bad deal at all with the rechargeable battery. I wouldn't expect 1200 lumens, but it's actual output (I'd guess 700-800 lumens if it's running off about 3 amps of power) is pretty respectable. I'd be curious as to how much power the driver is outputting. Also, technically, the P7 LED is made by SSC, not Cree. It's comparable to the Cree XM-L and also the Cree MC-E.
    Last edited by pinkston32; 10-29-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Bamboo is real.

One Gear
    I'd be worried that they don't know enough to use the correct manufacturer in the ad. $33 is almost too cheap. I'd be suspicious.......

mtbr member
    You might already be aware but this is a Chinese light. The same deal on ebay with free shipping. Bought one last week and it's great! Can't believe they can do that for that price.

"So I'm packing my bag for the misty mountain.."

mtbr member
    I have another version of this light, and love it. I'm seeing it for $55 though...?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for the input guys. The deal was for 6 hrs only. Now it's back at regular price.

mtbr member
    I believe I have the same one from the pictures in the ad and it works great. I ride at night with a crew and we all have different lights. With this one (helmet mounted) I find I run the medium setting more often as it is plenty of light. I do plan on getting another one but the ebay seller that I used does not have any. Keep your eye out on ebay and you can get this light for similar regular cost but shipped from central CA so it arrives much quicker.

One thing I noticed on my unit is the "complete" charge light would go green too soon so I would have to re-plug the ligtht in to top off the charge, haven't run out of juice on the trail yet.

B.Ike

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Everyone is inflating prices on these by the hour. I have been trying to get $ on a credit card to get one and prices have almost doubled everywhere within the past week. I'm about to say the heck with it and buy from reputable products for a few bucks more for the warranty, etc.
    They call me non-sequitur

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have a very similar light, I got mine from ebay - it took 38 days to arrive but it's bright and works fine. It's a magicshine 808 knockoff.

1800 Lumen CREE XML T6 LED Bicycle Bike Headlight Lamp Flashlight Light Headlamp | eBay

Looks very similar to the one we're discussing here, but the one on ebay reports more lumens.
    Last edited by baconismidog; 10-30-2012 at 06:55 AM.
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com