mtbr member

Hey Jenson - Seriously WTF?

Your first featured product in your 1/21 email is a size 42 Fox Ranger short? Are you trying to be like Price Point?

I'm not a fan of the d!ck puller marketing strategy.

Rocks belong
    Cool story
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    Cool story
    I wrote it just for you.

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    Somewhere out there, there's a fat guy that needs a moo-moo.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Some over size rider out there thinking WooHoo, finally a deal on shorts that fit, lol.

on my 3rd wind...
    I will add that JensonUSA's customer service is not same since the Pricepoint demise. Not easy to get hold of customer service and warranty dept. It took me over to 2 months to warranty an item simply because it was so hard get hold of them. Used to be my go-to online shop for bike parts but not anymore based on last year's experience.
    sth

SS Pusher Man
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound View Post
    I will add that JensonUSA's customer service is not same since the Pricepoint demise. Not easy to get hold of customer service and warranty dept. It took me over to 2 months to warranty an item simply because it was so hard get hold of them. Used to be my go-to online shop for bike parts but not anymore based on last year's experience.
    Between calling them or online chat, I don't find this to be the case.
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

Binned
    Nov 2008
    You guys realize that this is all happening because Trump is now president, right?

Get used to it, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    I've been shopping at Jenson since 2003 and I wish I can agree with you but unfortunately last year's few experiences with Jenson's customer service has changed my opnion on this matter.
    sth

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    You guys realize that this is all happening because Trump is now president, right?

Finally some logic!

Hawg way to keep it real!
    Last edited by DeeZee; 01-23-2017 at 04:18 PM.

BOOM goes the dynamite!

Prolly so. He wants to be able to buy stuff at Jenson, too!

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    Same here. I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

mtbr member
    I've had mostly good experiences with customer support at Jenson and I also have been shopping there a long, long time. What is driving me nuts is the fake sales that seem to be going on there, it's the same price as it was before and then again after the sale, at least on stuff I want. The coupons are ok, but they are on list priced items only so it may not offer that good of a deal. Universal Cycles has the 10/15% off which is better, but they also increased the amount of "rock bottom priced" = no coupons lately too.

Also, Jenson used to have quite a bit of OE/removed from new bicycle parts but that has slowed to a crawl. When I was on the phone with one of the long-timers from their support team he told me they did not want to be known as the "close-out kings" and minimized that practice. That's a bummer because I prefer new OEM parts for most items.

I plan on continuing to shop there, but do shop around first. I use price matching when I can too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresab View Post
    fake sales that seem to be going on there, it's the same price as it was before and then again after the sale
    I have noticed this as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    i too shop at Jenson since early 2k and to be fair, everyone does this including my favorites
    Arts cyclery, CC ,BC etc

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Fake news! can't blame Obama anymore.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Advertising often gets neglected and relegated to someone with ambition but no formal education or experience, which seems to be the case at Jenson.

Otherwise, I've only had good experiences with Jenson. Customer service has been on point, and my orders have shipped quickly. No complaints here.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I don't believe Jenson monitors this site. They renovated their HQ office space recently, which took a few months. Haven't visited for over a month, but the will call area was completed by end of Dec, though it was still empty earlier that month. They pushed it out more into the warehouse area, and some were forced to work in the meeting room while work was being done.

Jenson's been picking up employees from other bikes shops that met some kind of demise. This is includes Speedgoat, HucknRoll/Comp Cyclist, PricePoint, and owners of smaller LBS; not the general labor warehouse types, but the skilled ones with experience such as creating store brands (ex. Sette). They've been looking for high qualifications--they have photogs that went through proper schooling. Though, they do hire young people still in school or fresh out of HS, for reception/front desk/will call, and promote within to other positions, including CS rep. I was told they do seasonal hiring through temp staffing agencies for their warehouse needs (packing/dunnage).

I don't see any of their employees posting here any more. Heck, they've gotten big enough and impersonal that their employees don't really know each other. onlyonone hasn't worked at Jenson for years, but may be an ambassador sort of (Andy, the bald singlespeeding guy that did that head angle facebook post). TruTone hasn't posted in about a year (Aaron G, who posts on the Jenson blog now). There's a worrying disconnect between shop and community... reminds me of other shops, in which employees are more trendy and worried about appearance than what seems to make actual "sense", whose advice can't really be trusted at face level. You'd have to be living in a cave, not aware of anything in other parts of the industry to find significant value in their advice. Though, I hear amusing tidbits from employee and long time customer gossip that some Jenson employees buy high end products simply because customers ask, and they want to provide personal opinion (ie. XX1 Eagle), despite making huge purchases not too long ago (pre-ordered high end complete bike).

On my tour of the place, I was told there was one warranty person and their area on the side of the warehouse was just filled with various damaged items. Lots of bikes, dented boxes stacked into columns, dirty components with dirt crumbling off them resting on the desk, in process of being inspected (was during an event, so it was empty). There were racks full of bikes almost more numerous than the employee parking area's racks.

Trying to see the whole picture, I perceive JensonUSA as becoming more professional, yet less personal and gaining some bureaucratic/by-the-book tendencies. They switched over to posting stuff on their blog: Jenson USA Journal ? Keep Pedaling and also linking to trending media from the industry on facebook. The alternative shops near me have people more interested in road and niche trends, like fat & plus bike, and even experimenting with e-bikes. The Jenson employees tell stories like riding with local pros and industry big names in less-known areas, and do quite a bit of dabbling on the cutting edge side of the industry, while still keeping their bargain promotion thing going.
    Last edited by zooey; 01-24-2017 at 01:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey everyone,

My name is Seth (as you can see by my profile name), and I have been with Jenson USA for over 7 years. A lot has changed with our company over these years, and we continue to evolve with the changing market place, adapting to our customer needs/wants, and to remain a viable company that provides quality jobs to a large number of individuals who want to work in the cycling industry. Change comes with challenges and successes, but we are excited for the changes that we are going through.

The evolution of Jenson is driven by many factors including company growth, good jobs with fair pay/benefits, and providing our customers with a great buying experience and support. Still, at our core, the number 1 reason that all of us do this job is because we truly love cycling and the cycling community. With that being said, we continually look back to try to keep our core of who we are and where we came from. As we move through our evolution, we remind ourselves of what made the old Jenson great, and where we could improve for our customers, vendors, and employees. This mantra is literally built into our values as a company.

Sometimes change can be hard, and sometimes we have to prioritize our work to focus on growth in other areas. I can personally attest that my job and workload have significantly altered over the years. Sadly, this means that I (we) don't get quite as much free time to post in the various message boards, but this does not reduce the involvement we are having in our community. We have continued to vastly grow our community outreach through the various programs/rides/trailwork/etc that we sponsor or create on our own. We even added a position that is solely focused on community outreach, and Jackie is doing an amazing job.

Jenson has grown rapidly, and we are working to keep pace with that growth by adding many more customer service people, more mechanics, better trained individuals, and many other aspects. This type of growth takes time, money, and an available pool of people. We are trying to grow carefully so we don't over-extend ourselves and to make wise business decisions so we can be a sustainable business for our customers and employees. Sometimes this means we have to prioritize which parts to focus on first, but we continually aim to improve all aspects of what we do.

There is obviously a lot that can be said or addressed in a thread like this, and we are actively working to listen to our customers to improve our business. We have added numerous surveys, customer feedback calls, new review platforms and more to make sure that we are hearing your feedback, and taking action when/where feasible.

With that being said, I will personally make it a point to try to be more present on this site so that you, our friends and customers, have another avenue to reach us. I'm sure that there will be more questions and comments, and I will do my best to keep up with answering you. If I don't know the answer, I can probably steer you to the person who does, or find it out for you.

Cheers, S.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Seth is one of the core JensonUSA guys. I hear stories about how he apparently started out at the bottom, then gained all sorts of skills and rose to one of the top veteran positions. I think I may have applied for the position he holds, or a similar one (his might have been created recently), but didn't get hired. I acknowledged his mechanic skills, but he was a jack of all trades really, tackling new things he hadn't really been formerly trained on nor had prior experience doing. Haven't heard from him since he moved. Good guy to have at the tip of the spear.

This piece is kind of related: Guest Opinion: For mechanics, professionalism is more than a paycheck; it's an attitude | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News

This is rare to have one of the core JensonUSA guys offer to listen to feedback and complaints publicly, on a part of the internet that isn't under their control, and fully open to criticism. He can make something happen with a few words back at HQ. IMO, vent your griefs now.

As for my own feedback, the review system just isn't good enough when it's so buried. It needs to be prominently part of the item front page to be effective, like Amazon's. The editor for writing reviews should be super easy to use. It should be like something people are familiar with, as effective as typing in a forum post here at mtbr. Or optionally as advanced as something as whatever web designers use to make pages. Make a powerful tool to make quality reviews, reviews that people are proud to have made. Add in a "quick vote" method too, like 1 liners with star rating, that could also be a simple caption+photo. Don't forget to have a reputation and validation system for reviews.

As for website, can you do something like making customer profiles to sort out items that would fit them and those they shop for? I wouldn't mind typing in my own body dimensions, gender, and other preferences (what standards my bikes have), as well family members in my account profile, if it led to such convenience (filtering out stuff that doesn't fit me). Might fix this issue of people being tired of seeing sales for things not their size. Also saves time from entering the same info every time (including headers for reviews). Or at least a way to preview what size/color options are left in stock without clicking to go to a new page. The number of clicks needed to navigate to more pertinent stuff I want to see should be minimized...

Click bait frustrates everyone... no one wants to click on something lured by a low price, only to find its the price for 1 item in some obscure size and color, while the other selections are above going market price. To me, the going market price is the price I can find in 5 seconds, by searching the item name on google and seeing the listings under shopping.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey Zooey,
    Thanks for the kind words. Jenson truly has given me lots of opportunities to grow in this industry, and I am proud to work for such a good company. I totally resonate with the article you posted. One of the things that makes my head spin is when industry people look down on customers for not being in the know. I don't care what you ride, what your skills are, or how much money. My job is to treat you kindly and help you make informed decisions to find the best bike or solution for your needs/wants.

I no longer run the will-call or do much wrenching beyond friends and my own bikes (kind of miss it), but I try to bring what I learned in those channels to what I do else where in the company. I can vouch for my coworkers that this is a common theme amongst us. With that context, please let us know your thoughts (be nice, please), and we will do our best to take action for improvement.

As for the reviews, Zooey, have you tried our latest review process for products? I personally oversaw the implementation of the new system, and think it is pretty dang good. We just launched it late-November, and I think it's a vast improvement over our old system. I also look over all the reviews and Q&A each day to find where we can provide more info, better product descriptions, or where our services can be improved. If you haven't tried it yet, let me know what you think of it the next time you purchase an item, and I'll pass on suggestions.

On the website, these things take a ton of behind-the-scenes work, but I can tell you that we working on a lot of pretty major changes that should bring a lot more functionality to the site (including stuff like you mentioned) in the somewhat near future. Unfortunately, these are not quick projects, so don't hold your breath just yet, but keep sending us suggestions for functionality you'd like to see.

Keep Pedaling!
    Cheers, S.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Make the site more interactive and living. Introduce live activity... like what others are asking recently, or recent reviews customers has left. Maybe even comments, and employee reactions. The website is huge and adding another bit of guidance will make it seem less daunting to enter. Sometimes people just like to surf, and it isn't so enjoyable if it seems relatively generic. I know I get interested in knowing how other people spend their money, even if I don't have any pocket cash of my own. Will need privacy options to go along with this kind of stuff though.

Also, what happened to your brand spotlights? I vaguely recall one for RaceFace, but it didn't leave much of an impression on me. Leverage your talent a bit more, IMO, answering questions like why you're proud to carry such a brand and why someone might buy one of their products over another. I like such original content, but feel the info presented needs to be up-to-date, accurate, offer something people didn't know beforehand, and maybe show how personal opinions change after becoming more knowledgeable (from hearsay and old reputation, to knowing the real deal information). Build value for your company and for the vendor, and attract more vendors with such marketing incentive being exposed to such a large customer base.

Maybe this web series can inspire some new content: https://www.buzzfeed.com/stevenlim?language=en

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zooey View Post
    Also, what happened to your brand spotlights? I vaguely recall one for RaceFace, but it didn't leave much of an impression on me.

Didn't leave much of an impression, but still remembers it years later. Seems legit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Was years ago? It didn't make me want RaceFace products. I just remembered the content done. Think it was shot at trails I know... bottom of San Juan Trail, with rain jackets? Don't remember it too clearly, but one reason I recall it is because one of the Jenson employees that went on that trip said it was a lucky experience, clearly excited to talk about it when it was brought up in conversation. Think the conversation was originally about how cool certain athletes were in real life, like T-mac. Maybe that was a Fox brand spotlight...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SethKendall View Post

Cheers, S.
    Good to hear from you Seth...

Can you comment on the clickbait email as mentioned in the first post?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Lots of responses to the various questions and concerns

Quote Originally Posted by EatsDirt View Post
    Good to hear from you Seth...

Can you comment on the clickbait email as mentioned in the first post?
    Hey all,

As to the email that EatsDirt received, this was a personalized email that only went to you. Weíve been working to tailor our emails to reflect customer purchase histories so that we only send relevant emails, promotions, sales, etc. that you would actually care about seeing. Our goal is to make your interaction with Jenson more personal, but the process is not always 100% accurate. We are chasing down where this went wrong to ensure that this doesnít happen again.

SingleTrackHound, Iím bummed to hear that your warranty process took so long. Iíll gladly try to see what I can find out here. If you donít mind, send me an email at skendall@JensonUSA.com with your order number, and warranty info so I can start looking.

To address Aresab comment, there are some accurate points in there, but there is also more to the story. Our sales often do include items that have already been on sale, but we do make sure to add new price-dropped items as well. We are working on ways to more clearly communicate what items have just received price drops, and to make your shopping experience easier.

As for the OE products, we donít want to be known as ONLY a closeout retailer, but that doesnít mean that we still donít actively seek out the best products at the best prices for our customers. We want to be able to offer the full spectrum of high-end to closeout products. Our customers are cyclists of all types, and we want to have something for everyone. With that being said, the world of bikes is rapidly changing, and we are at the mercy of manufacturers having OE items to sell to us. This is a complicated model that is driven by supply and demand. We continue to look for new avenues to bring value products to our customers. One of the avenues that I think is rad is our Custom Collection bike builds. These are seriously cool frames with solid build specs at great prices.

Zooey, there are a ton of interesting and cool ideas in your feedback, and several of those items are on the drawing boards. We are working to create a much more tailored site experience, but this requires huge efforts to implement, so the changes are gradual. I think youíll find several of the things you listed about reviews, customer comments, etc. coming together in the very near future through our new review platform. You can see many of them already with customer comments, product Q&A, customer photo galleries and much better reviews. There are some additional features that are coming as well. Plus, these are all very mobile friendly. You can check out these new features on this product page here; Bell Super 2R Mips Helmet 2016 > Apparel > Helmets > Men's Helmets | Jenson USA. The new features are visible on the Description, Q&A, and Reviews tabs.

Lastly, while I will continue to try to address questions, feedback, and comments in the various message boards, the most efficient methods to share your thoughts is to contact us directly. So, I am including several methods of contact and how to best use them.

Site/email experience. This is our customer feedback survey about our website and order processes that we actively monitor and address on a weekly basis

Questions about product details: Q&A feature on the product page. Answers are usually very quick, and you can get answers from other cyclist who have used the product

Questions about orders or products: Gear Advisors | Jenson USA. Our gear advisors are highly knowledgeable, and will help you find the right products at great price. We continue to grow this group and increased operating hours to make reaching us easier. You can reach them by phone, email and chat.

www.facebook.com/JensonUSA: While not an official communication channel for us, we address messages in Facebook daily, and work to direct our customers to the correct channel(s) to meet their needs.

Thanks for all the feedback, and I look forward to hearing from all of you. Keep Pedaling!

Cheers, S.

Not smart enough to shift
    Andy (-A, or onlyontwo) checking in.

This has been a good read and I am certain insightful for many, including Jenson. I have known and been close friends with Seth now for over seven years and I promise he will do whatever he can to help make it a positive experience buying from Jenson. I personally miss the Jenson family immensely. My wife and I needed to move back to Indiana to be with family or I would have never left. I still have the privilege to write for them on occasion, as does my wife. We now have two children that we are working on sharing the love of riding with.

The core of the company is still the same and there are many familiar faces and voices whenever I call to order or read articles/posts. Jenson truly wants to push the boundaries on what is possible to achieve while being an online retailer and a local shop. I have really liked most of the changes on the site. The ones I haven't dug I let Seth know about. Some have remained the same as it makes business sense, others have changed for the better. At the end of the day Jenson is owned and operated by a group of people that love our sport and share our passion. They also provide a great service and product offering. Do they have issues? Sure, and so do all companies at times.

Now, if only our damn trails would dry out here in Indiana so I could ride dirt I would be in a much better mood...

Cheers,
    -A
    Disclaimer: I'm a fan-boi for Jenson USA.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Since this thread has drifted I'll give my two cents on Jenson. The first couple orders I placed were great. The last order I placed everything was in stock and it didn't get pulled and shipped until the day before it was guaranteed to arrive. It showed up a couple days late. It wasn't the end of the world but I called up to get my $10 gift card for it being late. I waited and waited. Called back a month or 2 later, talked to someone else and explained what happened. They looked it up said something " I see who handled it and that explains it". said it would get taken care of. Now months later I haven't seen the giftcard. It's only $10 but now Jenson isn't the first place I look to order anymore.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerpss View Post
    Now months later I haven't seen the giftcard. It's only $10 but now Jenson isn't the first place I look to order anymore.
    Hey Cerpss,
    Man, this sounds like we seriously dropped the ball. Send me an email and I will ensure that this is taken care of properly and quickly. If you have an order number that will help me find your info more quickly. If not, I can find it via your phone number/email. skendall@jensonusa.com
    Cheers, S.

mtbr member
    Its dissapointing that Jenson customer service never responds to email inquiries or order issues. I'm ordering online and its much easier for me to communicate by email versus a phone call.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I purchase 90% of my MTB gear from Jenson.

I bought a Niner RLT 9 Steel from them a few months back. Whoever built the bike was in a rush as the front derailuer cable was not installed correctly, the disc brakes rubbed with the wheels installed, and the bottom portion of the carbon fork had a paint chip.

I called them, told them the issues, and in the end they offered me a full refund or a $200 Jenson gift card. As I wrench my own bikes I was able to correct the build issues and the GC purchased a new Lezyne Pressure Overdrive Pump.

So in the end all was good.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordzkof View Post
    I called them, told them the issues, and in the end they offered me a full refund or a $200 Jenson gift card.
    So in the end all was good.
    Dang. $200 GC seems like they went overboard. The paint chip is annoying though, especially on a carbon fork. Good on Jenson!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey Swordzkof,
    I'm glad to see that we were able to do right by you in that situation. I can't speak directly to that particular build, but we have implemented several checks and protocols to ensure that every bike that leaves is in fully functional and proper order. Sometimes shipping can be really hard on a bike, but we do all we can to protect against that. With that being said, we will stand behind making sure you get a quality product whether the mistake was with us or the shipping company.

Jesspal, it seemed odd to me that your emails had gone without reply as our Gear Advisor team makes sure to zero out our email queue every day. I have spoken with our Customer Service Manager, and he said he will be looking to see if there is any hiccups in the system. Do you know what email address you sent your inquiry to? If you are responding to the email from your order this will not go through, as this is an automatically generated email by our order system. You can use info@JensonUSA.com for your inquiries and service help. Another issue often lands with email service providers sending Jenson emails to spam folders. I would make sure to check that as well. Again, if you would like me to dig a bit deeper to correct any issues, please email me at skendall@jensonusa.com.
    Cheers, S.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I've been doing most of my purchasing at Jenson for several years. I can't even fathom how stressful it must be for an online retailer right now, but somehow Jenson has consistently been able to tick all or most of my boxes more consistently than the others.

1. User friendly website with easy ability to click around and fast accurate searching. It's amazing how this is still a challenge for some companies. Universal Cycles comes to mind, but countless other of the smaller companies.

2. Generous return policy. For a lot of my needs, I can buy from Amazon, Ebay or whoever (except Outside Outfitters!). But with shoes, clothes, pads, packs, stems and a whole lot of other bike specific stuff, saving 3% won't help me a bit if I can't return it when I realize it doesn't work. This means I'm pretty much left with Jenson, Art's, BC.com and REI for these kinds of purchases. I don't envy their returns departments and other than GearTrade or the REI garage sale, I have no idea how they recoup their losses. But I guess one way is by keeping me a loyal customer!

3. Competitive prices. I don't necessarily need the absolute rock bottom price for an item, but when places like REI and BC.com are always selling at MSRP it's hard to even consider them when Jenson and Art's have the same items discounted (or frequent discount codes).

4. Good customer service. Whether it's responding to product questions or helping with returns, this ends up being the deal breaker. Jenson, REI and Art's stand out as what I would call Patagonia level customer service. I'm sure as mentioned above, people have had the occasional bad experience. But I certainly haven't even come close. Nothing but professionalism and "the customer is always right" attitudes. Jenson's generosity with discount codes is really the one thing that bumps them up a notch above the others, and the reason I keep buying stuff from them about once a month for the last several years. Shit breaks. Having that 15% off code and low minimum for free shipping makes a huge difference.
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Warden
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SethKendall View Post
    Hey Cerpss,
    Man, this sounds like we seriously dropped the ball. Send me an email and I will ensure that this is taken care of properly and quickly. If you have an order number that will help me find your info more quickly. If not, I can find it via your phone number/email. skendall@jensonusa.com
    Cheers, S.
    I wanted to follow up and say that Seth helped me get things squared away. I must have previously talked with the wrong people on the wrong day because he took care of it very quickly. I'll give them another shot because prior to my order with issues I did have good transactions with them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thanks, jm2e, for sharing your thoughts and experience with us. We work everyday to try to bring the very experience that you wrote about to all our customers. The majority of our interactions go excellently, but occasionally we mess up. We want to be a company that aims to be the best for our customers, to own it when we fall short, and to earn our customers loyalty and trust. It's great to hear that we have been able to make that experience happen for you.

I, also, want to let everyone here know that, while I'm the only vocal voice from Jenson speaking in this forum, your words are being shared and discussed throughout our company. We take both criticism and praise very seriously, and are actively seeking to find ways to improve our company to match our customers' needs. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Cheers, S.

All fat, all the time.
    I've been using Jenson USA for years. Never a lost order, extremely rare that it takes longer than a day or two to get shipping notification. Great shop!

For you guys complaining, go try outside outfitters if you want to see what a bad experience is lol.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    just picked a bike there at their riverside location after a spartan race last weekend
    and it was a pleasant experience. i got to see their huge warehouse too
    thanks to Allison, Tim and Seth
    my online orders always comes in on time and fairly quick
    i just wish i've visited their corona store while i was there

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Past two orders I put in with jenson had problems, kind of over it. Being in the retail business myself it boggles my mind how poor their response team is. I hate to be that guy bashing a company for their service, but it's frustrating being left in the dark only to find out that the day my package was supposed to arrive I get a notice that my payment didn't go through. Amazon had no problem accepting my payment.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I've placed several orders lately and many off and on since 2013. never have experienced a problem thus far.

Class Clown
    Been ordering from JensonUSA for years, more-so the past couple and especially lately. I haven't had a single issue with them and whenever I have called CS to make a change to an order it was very pleasant and easy. Also contacted them through e-mail and they got back fairly quick.

Shipping from CA to East Coast via free ground usually takes about a week. If I order over the weekend it comes by Friday. They usually ship by next day. Just make sure everything is listed in stock.

I guess my only gripe is the 15% off coupon is usually worthless to me since most items seem to be on sale. BUT they have some of the best prices around and usually have what I want so I can't complain!

Really I think we are spoiled with the internet and being able to order parts and not have to pay retail at a local shop. I say keep up the good work and keep a focus on customer service.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    When I placed an order yesterday (May 18 @ just before 10 AM PST), I had to re-enter my CC info. Website said that it couldn't pull up saved card info. I have over a hundred orders from 'em, and it's the first time I've seen that issue. No big deal to me, but could be related to your issue.

Used the 15% off coupon on a Timber bike bell not too long ago from 'em.

Crazy good deal on a med Kona Process 134, decked out for $2000, if anyone's interested. Beware that it says it's Purple: Open Box: Kona Process 134 Se Bike 2015 > New Items | Jenson USA

mtbr member
    Langster831 my name is James Dieckmeyer and I am the customer service manager at Jenson USA. I would love to learn more about your experience. If you like to send me your order number and what happened to James@jensonusa.com I can find out where we went wrong.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm not very clever View Post
    Langster831 my name is James Dieckmeyer and I am the customer service manager at Jenson USA. I would love to learn more about your experience. If you like to send me your order number and what happened to James@jensonusa.com I can find out where we went wrong.
    I placed an order at Jensen a month or so ago and the shipping time once I order pushed it back from what was supposed to be a Friday to the following week. Problem was I needed it for a weekend trip. I called Jensen and they went out of their way to make sure I had the product I needed in my hands in time and no extra cost. It was superior customer service. So keep up the great work!

Kevin

mtbr member
    Awesome!! Thank you so much. We do mess up from time to time and probably more than I would like to admit. We do try and go out of our way to help customers in the best way possible. Good to hear that you had a poor experience turn into a not so bad one!!
    In fact I probably wouldn't go uphill if there was no downhill.

mtbr member

Hey Jenson - Seriously WTF?

several orders from jenson and never had a problem, had one late shipment and they honored it giving me a $10 gift card, talked to cs a couple of times and service was outstanding!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm not very clever View Post

James, sent you an email last week, still no response...

mtbr member
    Sorry about that, marked it done when the email wasn't....
    In fact I probably wouldn't go uphill if there was no downhill.

SS Pusher Man
    I was truly surprised.....I placed an order Monday morning(memorial day)....it arrived yesterday(Tuesday) morning. WTF?? I thought Monday was a holiday.

Thanks anyway though.
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

mtbr member
    For sure some changes at Jenson. Asked for a price match on several parts that are "under review" with no response. Normally the price matches are instantly approved and sometimes requires review.

What I am getting is the constant emails "did you leave something in your cart?"

Really needed a bleed kit and couldn't wait any longer for the price match so I just ordered it. Got the product in a day or two (fast!) in the am and later that night the Jenson robots sent an email " did you leave something in your cart?" for a part that was delivered!

I hope they work out the bugs with whatever they are changing.

mtbr member
    I'd love to see Jenson start their own house brand like Price Point's Sette brand. I've been pleasantly surprised by many of the Sette stuff I've bought from PP when they were around.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by djork View Post
    I'd love to see Jenson start their own house brand like Price Point's Sette brand. I've been pleasantly surprised by many of the Sette stuff I've bought from PP when they were around.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    I think they do have their own brand, at least for tools. For example: JensonUSA 748 Tool Kit > J > JensonUSA | Jenson USA