mtbr member
    May 2008

Has anyone used Manitou Bikes before?

I'm looking for a new fork and Manitou Bikes seem to have some pretty good prices. Has anyone used them before? I couldn't find any reviews and am a bit skeptical. Thanks.

Manitou Bikes

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Looking at their facebook page I'd say stay away. Looks like several people are having problems with getting their merch.

Manitou Bikes - Local Business - Manitou Springs, CO | Facebook

mtbr member
    happybrandon did you order from them?
    "A full rigid SS or fixie is 99% rider, 1% bike, and 100% more fun" Monogod

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Stay away: manitou bike shop

mtbr member
    Seemed to go to be true and now I know it is. THANKS!
    "A full rigid SS or fixie is 99% rider, 1% bike, and 100% more fun" Monogod

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Just thought I'd register to post this.

I actually ordered from these folks last Sunday and then got a bit worried when I started googling them afterwards. Unlike the posters in the other thread I got an order confirmation right after submitting my order. However, it looks like what I bought (SRAM X9 10-speed rear derailleur, $92.22 with shipping) wasn't shipped until today when I finally received a USPS tracking number. I'll post again with the results when the package arrives. Cross your fingers for me.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happybrandon View Post
    I'm looking for a new fork and Manitou Bikes seem to have some pretty good prices. Has anyone used them before? I couldn't find any reviews and am a bit skeptical. Thanks.

Manitou Bikes
    Never heard of them but if you look on there fb page it doesnt look good for them/

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I made the mistake of ordering over a hundred dollars of parts from Manitou Bikes in September. Missed all the red flags pointed out here. Got an email 2 weeks after ordering saying one of the items was out of stock and they gave me the option of canceling or requesting an alternate… I made mistake number 2, asking for an alternate. Never heard anything since. They will not return emails and do not answer the phone. The credit card charge is now in dispute.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM MANITOU BIKE SHOP.

Placed an order a few weeks ago. My account was immediately debited.
    ALL emails to manitou have been ignored and not responded to.
    Aside from that automatic email telling my my payment was accepted, I've received NOTHING from manitou.

5 days AFTER the goods were supposed to have arrived at my home, while digging through my credit card account transactions online, I found they REVERSED
    the charges! This was a week ago! Still NO EMAIL from them that they did this! I was still sitting here expecting the items I ordered to show up any day, and here they had silently reversed the charges...

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM MANITOU BIKE SHOP.

What a bunch of idiots!

I only wish that I knew about these threads before I ordered...
    Last edited by dhfox; 11-15-2011 at 10:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    i ordered an mrp g2 from them last week. got an email last night saying that it shipped yesterday. i tried contacting them a bunch of times through email and phone but never got a response. if i get my gear i will be happy though, definitely the best price I could find. will post again when the part shows up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    For what it's worth, I ordered from them last month and got very poor interaction on the sale, but in the end I got what I ordered with a lot of apologies. Great price, very disorganized...but at least my experience was that they were NOT a scam.

Bought a Cygolite liting system ~$200

Trail Ninja
    Yea, they have some serious manpower issues getting orders out. Last I heard, their paypal account is down and they can't accept payments. Probably due to someone opening up a case with them to dispute a claim for a refund. Due to the stress of that kind of stuff and being behind orders, I wouldn't blame them if they left it down just to catch up with existing orders. They probably charge your card right away so they don't have to take a loan to place the order from the wholesaler.

Between these guys and GreenTireBikeShop, kind of shows that just putting up a website to sell parts at low profits over wholesale while trying to maintain minimal overhead (wages, utilities, rent) is a lot more work than they thought.

I'd much prefer buying from one of the big guys like HucknRoll and Jenson that actually have things in stock and offer great service, even if it costs a little more. They can't price match these guys since they'd be losing money. I sometimes shop the smaller guys like TreeFortBikes, but I tend to cringe when I see the shipping, since I'm used to getting "free" SH.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'd urge people who have used this store to post feedback on reseller ratings. This should help those using Google Shopping etc. know that this place is a scam before making the purchase.

( I do not yet have enough karma to post links apparently. Please search for "Manitou Bikes" at resellerratings.com .)

Trail Ninja
    I see someone just added them to ResellerRatings. They're off to a really rough start. BikeBling kind of had a similar start. It's kind of overwhelming, starting as a LBS, and then opening an online store and get a lot of business through it and not have the manpower to support it. It's especially bad when you don't keep most of those items in stock or don't have an inventory or organizing system to manage it, working out of a small store room.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    THESE GUYS ARE A SCAM!!! I ordered a seat about a month ago, they immediately debited my card and never shipped the merchandise. I called and emailed them, nothing.

Today I posted on their Facebook page and 5 minutes later my post was deleted!! Again, I tried to contact these crooks and no answer. I called the local police and they told me that the shop is right across the street from the station and they will check it out. Haven't heard back from the police yet. I urge everyone who got screwed by them to give the cops a call, they seem to be very helpful.

These guys are not just some guys who are a bit overwhelmed, they are ****ing crooks! There are no apologies for this behavior. They NEVER got back to me, but deleted the FB post within 5 minutes. So some **** is sitting there collecting money while ignoring customers....

Dirt Huffer
    I think there facebook page is down now. There phone number is just a recorded message. UGH!