Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 58
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    19

    Hammerhead Bikes - Buyer Beware

    Sadly, I've had a horribly frustrating experience with these guys. I wish I paid a little more and got a lot more service. And actually received my order. It's too bad because I like to support the small businesses.

    I ordered some parts on Sept 1st (yes, almost 3 months ago) through their website. It was sent quick, but UPS damaged the package and the contents fell out. I notified Hammerhead by phone right away. Spoke to Scott (the owner) who said he'll look into it.

    So I filed a claim with UPS. Went through the package investigation process and UPS told me they settled the case on Sept 20th. And as the account holder and insured, merchants will usually replace and refund.

    Called and talked to Scott on Sept 25. Told him that UPS says they are settled. Said he will look into it. Called Scott the following week, said he didn't get a chance to check but he will look into it right away. Called again, this time spoke to Pete. Pete said he didn't know anything about it but will check and call me back. No call back, so I called a week later. Said he didn't have time to look into it but will call me back......you get the idea. This goes on for 6 weeks. I call, they are cordial but do nothing, don't follow up and don't call back.

    I email sales@hammerhead.com asking them to fix this. Scott responds saying he didn't hear back, so he assumed this was taken care of. I told him that I've been calling almost every week, handled the UPS side as much as I could, told them the process and have been very patient up to now. I even offered to take different parts instead of a refund to make things easier for them. So he has 5 days to make this right.

    He responds by saying he "will be happy to get in touch with UPS to see if there is anything we can do to get them to resolve the issue." For real?

    Hammerhead, I am your customer and you are UPS' customer. You, Hammerhead, should be resolving this with me.

    As I told Scott, the fact that UPS wrecked the package is not Hammerhead's fault, but the poor response and lack of resolution with me is. And him "looking into it" is not good enough, I want my refund or my parts.

    Here we are 3 months later, I have no parts, Hammerhead has kept my money and Scott has quit responding. Unbelievable.....

  2. #2
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    938
    This is not what I would have expected out of them...I've heard nothing but good about them so far.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  3. #3
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    6,469
    Agree......they should have replaced your order......you shouldn't have to wait for UPS to pay the claim.
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,010
    sad to hear.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,644
    I had a similar experience with them a year ago. Multiple calls and emails with me having to explain how things are supposed to work when they should have known themselves. I finally gave up and moved on.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ottoreni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,039

    I guess HammerHead it not what it seems ...

    No longer can anyone say that HammerHead is all good.

    I guess HammerHead is more interested in keeping a squeaky clean image on Facebook, than actually having one.

    For what it is worth, a couple of years ago a shoe order from Colorado Cyclist diasppaeard off my front door after UPS delivered it. Within a week I had a new pair of shoes resent and delivered. CC did not wait to reolve their UPS issue, but took care of me right away.

    Shame on HammerHead.
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honkonbobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    348
    scratch hammerhead off my vendor list. thanks for the heads up.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,074
    Wow......Thanks for the heads up.

  9. #9
    PVGNA PRO PATRIA
    Reputation: NslrPrtn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    161
    Ah, the free market at work. Thanks for the heads up!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    224
    Shame on you Hammerhead Bikes.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ironbrewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    302
    Wow that sucks. At this point they need to send you your parts and a full refund.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manpurse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    399
    I'll withhold judgement before I hear Hammerhead's side of the story. Hammerhead has been around here as a registered user since 2004 and has a good reputation. It's too bad about the package, I have literally had thousands of packages delivered to me at work and home through UPS. I've seen a couple of damaged boxes, but never so bad that the contents fell out.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    I had a similar experience with them a year ago. Multiple calls and emails with me having to explain how things are supposed to work when they should have known themselves. I finally gave up and moved on.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    I'll withhold judgement before I hear Hammerhead's side of the story. Hammerhead has been around here as a registered user since 2004 and has a good reputation. It's too bad about the package, I have literally had thousands of packages delivered to me at work and home through UPS. I've seen a couple of damaged boxes, but never so bad that the contents fell out.
    I never bothered posting about my experience since it wasn't a clear cut case of poor service. I figured it could have been miscommunication between a couple people who all just happened to their own "oops" moments aligned with me and my issue. They had a longstanding reputation so I moved on. However, like I said, my case had a lot of similarities to theirs.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,148
    I had something similar happen with Jenson; but they did fix the problem after I applied ample "pressure". Backcountry on the other would next day a new package ASAP - that's how to get repeat business.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hammerheadbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,781

    Taking Responsbility For Our Mistakes On This

    Scott, Owner of HH Bikes, Here.....I would like to say, yes we made mistakes on this order and take responsibility for our mistakes.

    We have worked hard to establish a great reputation and continue to do that. When we do make a mistake I do my absolute best to admit it, w/o excuses, and resolve the mistake.

    I have sent a proposal (prior to this getting posted) for an extremely generous resolution.

    If anyone has further questions/comments...please feel free to e-mail me direct at scott@hammerheadbikes.com

    Thanks for listening....

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,064
    Wonder if that was the Charles Colker Hammerhead or the Scott Hammerhead. Could be an issue of the Speedgoat in Pennsylvania vs the Speedgoat in Chicago.
    I see Scott has recently posted about this. Why did it take a forum flame thrower to get resolve? Why the generous resolution and not just the original parts many many months ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    I'll withhold judgement before I hear Hammerhead's side of the story. Hammerhead has been around here as a registered user since 2004 and has a good reputation.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hammerheadbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,781

    Good Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Wonder if that was the Charles Colker Hammerhead or the Scott Hammerhead. Could be an issue of the Speedgoat in Pennsylvania vs the Speedgoat in Chicago.
    I see Scott has recently posted about this. Why did it take a forum flame thrower to get resolve? Why the generous resolution and not just the original parts many many months ago?
    Westin - Good questions.
    Wonder if that was the Charles Colker Hammerhead or the Scott Hammerhead
    - Both, we work extremely hard everyday to keep up the reputation Charles and Cody have established the last 10 years.

    Why did it take a forum flame thrower to get resolve? - It didn't. I hope people can consider that there are two sides to every story.
    I have responded to this post, admitted we made mistakes, and openly taken responsibility for them. I feel it is my responsibility to do so as part of keeping up the great reputation, as well as my responsibility as a Bike Shop Owner in general.

    Why the generous resolution and not just the original parts many many months ago?
    - The parts purchased were used parts listed in our Garage,
    HAMMERHEAD SPECIALS - HAMMERHEAD GARAGE - Hammerheadbikes.com
    There weren't original replacement parts to send. I offered a different/better resolution.

    Again, thank you for the questions....Scott

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,458
    I've had a great purchasing experience with Scott acquiring the coveted black Fox Float 34 fork from him, good price, fast shipping, and overall an easy transaction. Will do business with again.
    konahonzo

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    149
    I also ordered several things from them and have not had a problem. It does sound like they dropped the ball on this one and could have dealt with it better though, but no one is perfect. The untimely manner of dealing with it would have me more pissed than anything. I would have did a credit card dispute to get things rolling quicker, but just my opinion.

  20. #20
    Plan #123-D
    Reputation: The_Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    498
    I've had two really smooth experiences with Hammerhead; great communication, actual shipping costs instead of an arbitrary high number, and Scott has answered numerous questions personally.

    I will continue to by from Hammerhead without hesitation.
    C'mon lets go for a whirl.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manpurse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    399
    I haven't purchased from Hammerhead yet, but I had some correspondence through them and they were helpful and quick to reply. There is not one online bike retailer that has a perfect track record, even the aforementioned Backcountry has a few negative reviews if you look online. Although a mistake was made in this instance, it sounds like HH is doing what they can to resolve the issue.

  22. #22
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerheadbikes View Post

    I have sent a proposal (prior to this getting posted) for an extremely generous resolution.

    Seems that the OP left this part out.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cerberus044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    177
    Generous proposals or not sometimes you feel like you have to let others know what kind of run around you've had in case they were considering doing business with a company. Sounds like hammerhead had about half a dozen to a dozen chances to step up and fix it.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kevocastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    440
    Well I got a couple of things some time ago from HH bikes and everything was just fine, a lil mistake in the shipping address (their mistake) so the package ended up into my neighbor's house and we don't even speak to each other so that was awkward
    Niner Jet 9
    Santa Cruz Highball Carbon

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1
    Hmmm. I've had only great experience with Hammerhead bikes. I've used them several times for tires, lights and other odds/ends. They've been great to me and I'll definitely use them in the future.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,064
    Ah, figured as much. Thought about it on today's ride and wondered if it was a special part or limited inventory that was a one-off deal.

    I'm a business owner. All it takes is one unhappy customer to flame the living crap out of me. Ninety nine happy customers don't say much. One happy customer makes enough noise for the rest! Happened last month and the customer's girlfriend totally screwed the pooch on the part install and the bike (motorcycle) had a bad rear shock to begin with. He was telling everyone his 130 pound girlfriend required x and y part; those with knowledge thankfully jumped to my defense and basically said "if x and y were needed and the bike still did this and that there is no way the part you bought was responsible for it.....either that or your girlfriend is really 230 pounds." Then of course they demanded pictures of the "fat" girlfriend which made the post unwilling to die.

    But now it shows up on Internet searches. And people ask about it. I gave the guy a refund but tagged him with a restocking fee. First time ever a restocking fee was charged (we take returns no questions asked) and the guy of course went psycho online. Whatever. Not worth my time or money to defend a situation where the entire story was not told.

    Quote Originally Posted by hammerheadbikes View Post
    - The parts purchased were used parts listed in our Garage,
    HAMMERHEAD SPECIALS - HAMMERHEAD GARAGE - Hammerheadbikes.com
    There weren't original replacement parts to send. I offered a different/better resolution.

    Again, thank you for the questions....Scott

  27. #27
    FriendlyNeighborhoodMTBer
    Reputation: kabayan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    194
    FWIW, I ordered the last 3 650b Flow rims from their site. I got an email confirmation of my order. The status of my order on their site was later changed to "partially shipped". After a couple of weeks, I emailed HH since nothing had shown up. Scott looked into it and I was told that another order for those 3 rims had gone through that same day (IT experts chime in) and sadly, it was the other person who ended up with the 3 rims. I asked for a refund and Scott confirmed that he would issue a refund the following Monday. After 5 business days of checking my CC balance, I told Scott that I had to tell my CC that I never received the merchandise for which I was being charged for. Then I received a Customer Refund Notification email from HH that same day. I got my money back and soon after, spent it on other bike goodies
    YMMV
    If you can't play, display.

  28. #28
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,730
    Tough experience! The local bike shop looks better, huh?

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    19
    OP here. Thanks for listening, no matter what your perspective.

    My intent was to share my experience, nothing more. I am not trying to convince anyone to buy/not buy from Hammerhead or change anyone's mind about them.

    So in fairness, I want to share the follow up. Scott did email me today with a resolution. And he acted quickly on what he said he would do. For that, I am appreciative.

    Also, I do know that this was not a slam-dunk situation. My order was from the Hammerhead garage so yes it was more one-off product. It included multiple sets of handlebars which were placed diagonally in the box (think bottom corner to opposite top corner) which must have been crushed and therefore punched a sizable hole through. And UPS delivered this after 9pm...maybe hoping the damage wouldn't be discovered until the next day?

    Either way, I figured that I would give some extra time for Hammerhead to work with me on a solution. And, as a business owner myself, I understand mistakes happen and this is why I went above and beyond with the constant calls and let this go on for so long. I cut Hammerhead a ton of slack, just as I would want someone to do for me.

    What got me at the end is the fact that there was no followup, multiple times. First time was a mistake. By the 6th and 7th time, in my mind there is no intent to do anything.

    I got where I am in life by doing what I say, by the time I say I will do it. Scott finally did that, but it took me calling, emailing and finally posting here. Honestly, I am disappointed it went this far.

    I sincerely hope for the sake of both my fellow riders and Hammerhead, my experience is an isolated incident and that Scott's final followup is how things will be consistently for Hammerhead customers from here forward.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by rockafella View Post

    I am not trying to convince anyone to buy/not buy from Hammerhead or change anyone's mind about them.

    Scott finally did that, but it took me calling, emailing and finally posting here. Honestly, I am disappointed it went this far.

    First seems like with title of the thread "Hammerhead Bikes - Buyer Beware" and the post it's hard to argue you were not trying to change anyone's mind about them.

    Also seems like Scott is claiming he sent you an email to resolve this before you started the thread, but from the above it sounds like you feel that it took this thread to resolve the issue. Did he offer the resolution before or after the thread started?
    TEX

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    Tough experience! The local bike shop looks better, huh?
    That all depends on what your local bike shop is like.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    Tough experience! The local bike shop looks better, huh?
    I could order 2 of something and only get 1 of the items with an online dealer and still save money over any local stores that I am around if I just bought 1. It is sad that it is this way because I support local business when I am not getting bent over. I understand they have overhead and costs, but when I can order a set of brakes online for 400 and they quote me 700, that's a lot of overhead.

  33. #33
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    This is not what I would have expected out of them...I've heard nothing but good about them so far.<iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://goo.gl/lsXMO" vspale=0></iframe>
    <iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://tinyurl.com/yz4gjyd" vspale=0></iframe>
    Same here. I never heard anything bad about them

  34. #34
    Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Reputation: DeeEight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,762
    Ok... having dealt with UPS claims for box issues... in my case, they outright had a staff member at the Ottawa, ontario, canada depot STEAL a box I had shipped with a frame. I used to go direct to the central depot and make my shipments right at their customer service counter. The box got scanned in at the counter, and never scanned out of the building. It took THREE months for UPS Canada to admit they "lost" the box. Then they demanded all sorts of proof of value and contents and such... and this for a mere $100 insurance amount. They were also over-charging my UPS account for shipments at the same time so I told them, I wasn't going to pay their over-charge invoices until they completed my insurance claim. They never responded about the insurance but their collection department also stopped phoning about the invoice, and I stopped using my UPS account, switching to paying cash at the depot counter instead.

    Now as to complaining customers... I have been selling a LOT of vintage parts on retrobike lately and in the past month I've probably sold over a thousand dollars worth of stuff. I recently had a difficult customer though, who was trying to keep one of his wheels in operation and needed a replacement suntour freehub body. I have NOS Suntour XC-Pro hubs of the right type... $25USD....which he couldn't apparently bring himself to pay. I also had an XC-Comp which was described as used with a seized axle good for parts only for $10... he asked what the freehub condition was... I said it "seemed to be good" as in, I turned it by hand, and it ratched backwards and it didn't slip forwards. He took it. After he got it he starts complaining about how its not working good enough for him to use, how he had to flush the old grease out and now the bearings rattled inside (WELL DUH... the grease inside a loose ball bearing assembly isn't just for lubrication, its also to take up space BETWEEN the bearings, and without it, the bearings will rattle when you shake a part) and when I wouldn't just give him a full refund, he went and complained to the site moderators and opened a paypal claim under their "significantly not as described" condition, which isn't actually applicable to used parts #1 and #2 would require him to ship the hub back to me, at his expense before they'd make me give him a refund. The shipping between canada and the UK was $17.70 for the hub... I can only imagine going the other direction would have been the same. He'd already rejected an offer of a partial refund for $10 for the price of the hub itself.

    Yesterday he closed the claim, and told me he'd manufacturered a 2-prong tool to open the freehub mechanism, replaced the bearings, regreased it, and now it works acceptably well. Well gee... any mechanic with reasonable common sense buying a used part would have known that after you remove the old grease you'd maybe need to put new grease in, and that rather than soaking the assembled part in a pot of WD40... to actually open it up completely in the first place before complaining.

    He ended his message with saying he'd neither leave good or negative feedback... well good for him... perhaps however I might like to be the one to leave negative feedback of him to warn others that he's one of those customers who expects used parts to be perfect when he's too cheap to spend the extra $15 for the brand new part.
    Last edited by DeeEight; 11-28-2012 at 09:16 AM.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
    Ok... having dealt with UPS claims for box issues... in my case, they outright had a staff member at the Ottawa, ontario, canada depot STEAL a box I had shipped with a frame. I used to go direct to the central depot and make my shipments right at their customer service counter. The box got scanned in at the counter, and never scanned out of the building. It took THREE months for UPS Canada to admit they "lost" the box. Then they demanded all sorts of proof of value and contents and such... and this for a mere $100 insurance amount. They were also over-charging my UPS account for shipments at the same time so I told them, I wasn't going to pay their over-charge invoices until they completed my insurance claim. They never responded about the insurance but their collection department also stopped phoning about the invoice, and I stopped using my UPS account, switching to paying cash at the depot counter instead.

    Now as to complaining customers... I have been selling a LOT of vintage parts on retrobike lately and in the past month I've probably sold over a thousand dollars worth of stuff. I recently had a difficult customer though, who was trying to keep one of his wheels in operation and needed a replacement suntour freehub body. I have NOS Suntour XC-Pro hubs of the right type... $25USD....which he couldn't apparently bring himself to pay. I also had an XC-Comp which was described as used with a seized axle good for parts only for $10... he asked what the freehub condition was... I said it "seemed to be good" as in, I turned it by hand, and it ratched backwards and it didn't slip forwards. He took it. After he got it he starts complaining about how its not working good enough for him to use, how he had to flush the old grease out and now the bearings rattled inside (WELL DUH... the grease inside a loose ball bearing assembly isn't just for lubrication, its also to take up space BETWEEN the bearings, and without it, the bearings will rattle when you shake a part) and when I wouldn't just give him a full refund, he went and complained to the site moderators and opened a paypal claim under their "significantly not as described" condition, which isn't actually applicable to used parts #1 and #2 would require him to ship the hub back to me, at his expense before they'd make me give him a refund. The shipping between canada and the UK was $17.70 for the hub... I can only imagine going the other direction would have been the same. He'd already rejected an offer of a partial refund for $10 for the price of the hub itself.

    Yesterday he closed the claim, and told me he'd manufacturered a 2-prong tool to open the freehub mechanism, replaced the bearings, regreased it, and now it works acceptably well. Well gee... any mechanic with reasonable common sense buying a used part would have known that after you remove the old grease you'd maybe need to put new grease in, and that rather than soaking the assembled part in a pot of WD40... to actually open it up completely in the first place before complaining.

    He ended his message with saying he'd neither leave good or negative feedback... well good for him... perhaps however I might like to be the one to leave negative feedback of him to warn others that he's one of those customers who expects used parts to be perfect when he's too cheap to spend the extra $15 for the brand new part.
    This post made my day. Being in sales myself, you honestly cannot please everyone. But your case takes the cake.

  36. #36
    Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Reputation: DeeEight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,762
    Someone else on here read that and messaged me to ask if I still have any of the xc-pro hubs
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

  37. #37
    get down!
    Reputation: appleSSeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,183
    I have had nothing but positive dealings with Hammerhead bikes. They have some of the best deals and are always running different rad promotions.

    I have bought a Salsa Ti bike from Scott for a steal!

    I also bought some XO cranks from him that I decided to return, refunded no problem.

    I most recently bought a wheelset for a great price and had a little gift in there for me waiting. Stoked!

    So, mistakes happen, but I won't hesitate to deal with Hammerhead again at all. Scott has been great and their deals are hard to beat!
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

    visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

  38. #38
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    I'll withhold judgement before I hear Hammerhead's side of the story. Hammerhead has been around here as a registered user since 2004 and has a good reputation.
    Good call

    It amazes me how many people will turn their back on a business that they have had good experiences with in the past because one faceless person has a bad one.

    Maybe that person is just in their frustrations or maybe they are blowing things out of proportion. Nobody really knows for sure, but even if their frustrations are valid, the business owners are still human and will occasionally drop the ball.

    Cudos to Hammer Head for owning the problem and admitting responsibility with it.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    36
    To Scott at HH bikes:

    This is one of your greatest fans from Gainesville, Florida. I know the type of customer service that you've been able to provide me, and it is 100% top-notch.

    I would not share any e-mail thread without permission, but save it to say that I am overly satisfied with the resolution you felt was adequate, and I thought was overwhelming. I'll certainly be returning to your site once the buying for others this Christmas subsides.

    Happy Holidays from Gator Country!

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    116
    I love HH bikes! I haven't even purchased anything from them but did get a freebie T-shirt once for giving feedback on their site when it was still 918XC.com.

    Hammerhead, I will make sure purchase a major part from you soon as I am building my SS 29er. To OP, sorry you had to this experience that but it was resolved in the end and hopefully still a win-win for everyone.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hammerheadbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,781
    Thank you so much guys!!! Means a lot.....

    Actually, happy ending, no not that kind, to this story....the OP and I hugged it out. We are all good!

    Happy Holidays everyone, Scott
    Last edited by hammerheadbikes; 12-07-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Poor English (changed, Myself to I)

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    48
    Last year I bought Niner EMD 2011 frame HH, after 3 days. Scott contacted me and let me know that they ran out 2011 and offered me if I want to wait for 1 month he will ship EMD 2012 with same price that I bought 2011.
    I accepted. one month later. I got 2012 frame. I really happy with service

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    my experience with hammerhead was excellent. quick response to all my questions and very fast shipping will continue to buy from them


    Kurt

  44. #44
    One Gear
    Reputation: .40AET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by egr551 View Post
    Last year I bought Niner EMD 2011 frame HH, after 3 days. Scott contacted me and let me know that they ran out 2011 and offered me if I want to wait for 1 month he will ship EMD 2012 with same price that I bought 2011.
    I accepted. one month later. I got 2012 frame. I really happy with service
    Now that's good service! I did the same thing with another company and was offered a 6 week wait and the opportunity to pay more for the new frame.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    13

    Scott's awesome - check out his new website!

    Having done business with Scott for the past several months as we built out his new website, I think I can safely say that any lack of customer service was a very unusual blip on the radar and should be forgiven! Also, check out Hammerhead Bicycles' new website with their new trail bike frames! It's hammerheadbicycles.com.

  46. #46
    davidcarson48
    Guest
    I was happy with my CS. I ordered something at a great price. I was immediately told it was on backorder, but I decided to wait. Scott was great with emails and he even threw in some swag for being so patient. I'd definitely order again.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fuzzy Dunlop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    35
    OP had a completely legitimate grievance, and was right to complain about it publicly when it wasn't quickly resolved by the merchant. In response, Hammerhead did a wise and classy thing: they got in front of the problem, apologized to the customer, and resolved the problem. Sad to say, that kind of personalized service is increasingly a rarity. (Comparing this situation with my own experience reporting a lost package to UPS)

    I've never dealt with Hammerhead, but based on my read of this thread I would have no hesitation in doing so.

  48. #48
    Tulsa
    Reputation: rojogonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    Tough experience! The local bike shop looks better, huh?
    They are my local bike shop, i'm lucky to live nearby
    wherever you go, there you are

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    198
    Good luck ever dealing with UPS, I would not let them carry a box of Cherrios across the street. In my area they are being sued all the time for intentionally destroying boxes. I am surprised any business uses them they are terrible. I will not buy from a company that uses UPS anymore just because of all the damaged product I have gotten because of UPS. All I can say is if UPS damages it, good luck in getting your claim settled in a timely fashion if at all.

    Todd

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,148
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPnTX View Post
    Good luck ever dealing with UPS, I would not let them carry a box of Cherrios across the street. In my area they are being sued all the time for intentionally destroying boxes. I am surprised any business uses them they are terrible. I will not buy from a company that uses UPS anymore just because of all the damaged product I have gotten because of UPS. All I can say is if UPS damages it, good luck in getting your claim settled in a timely fashion if at all.

    Todd
    In college I worked in a camera store, and UPS would deliver our cameras and the boxes were just beat with huge holes in them. FedEx on the other hand seems to try. At least bikes are more durable than cameras!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •