mtbr member

Great service from Art's Cyclery

I've had some great experiences recently with Art's Cyclery. They have good selection, competitive prices, and an easy-to-navigate website. But for me two things really set them apart.

First, they have the best shipping policies of any cycling company I'm aware of. Free shipping for orders over $50, free 2-day shipping for orders over $175 (which is real nice if you're on the east coast), and, best of all, they have free return shipping, like Zappos. Nothing makes me feel more stupid than blowing $8 on shipping to me and then another $10 shipping back a return because it didn't fit. If something comes in sizes and I have any doubt what size I need, Art's is the first place I look.

Second, their service is above and beyond. Without getting into all the details, I recently had a problem with an order and it was 100% my fault. They knew it was my fault, but they made everything right, at their cost, and they handled it quickly and professionally. Companies take that kind of approach towards their customers are the ones I want to do business with.

Anyway, there are several excellent sources for gear out there, I just wanted to give a shout-out to one of them that I didn't hear about. If you haven't checked them out, I recommend them.

(I have no affiliation with them, for the record.)

More Torque
    Thanks for the review. I've looked on their site but never ordered. Good to know of another place where others have had a positive experience.

-D

mtbr member
    +1 for Art's Cyclery. If you ever get a chance to shop at their main store in person, You will find that all the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. I've purchased a few things there, and every time I step in there. I get greeted like I am part of their family.

mtbr member
    Just placed an order.

Hack Racer
    +1 for ArtsCyclery

Back in fall of 2009 I ordered a 2008 Cervelo SLC SL road frame and fork from them. Retail price was 5000 CAD. I got it for 2199 USD with free shipping to Buffalo NY. Those guys are awesome. I missed the chance a year later to pick up a 2009 Cervelo R3-SL for around the same price...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Another thumbs up for these guys.

Placed an order for two tires and three tubes. Received an email they only had two of the tubes in stock. They offered another type at a discount, but I chose to just get two. They promptly refunded my money and shipped. In addition, on your order, you can see they track each step of the process and they include their initials (helpful in more complicated situations).

Great prices, free shipping over $50, prompt communication, and got the order out the door quickly. Doesn't get much better than that.