mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Great deal on FOX forks!

So I was looking to upgrade my fork on my Ibis Mojo and found this shop called Tryon Bike. They were super nice and very helpful. They hooked me up with 20% off on a new 2015 34 Float. I would highly recommend them!

mtbr member
    As a rule, I don't follow the advice from accounts that were created only to promote someone's business. What's your relationship to Tyron Bike?
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by pop_martian View Post
    As a rule, I don't follow the advice from accounts that were created only to promote someone's business. What's your relationship to Tyron Bike?
    Exactly

I am guessing he owns or has worked there for a while since he lives in Rochester and owns a 9er and an Ibis which are two brands that shop carries....and yet he just "found this shop".

brewski, nobody likes spam unless it comes in the can.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Are the 2015 34 Floats even out yet? I know the 36 Floats aren't based on a conversation I had with Fox yesterday.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Most dealers (see competitivecyclist for example) are showing inventory of the 32 and 34 models of 2015 line, so I think they're "out", though I haven't seen any of the new 36 models, as you highlighted.

OP was pretty obvious, eh? Personally I haven't bought anything from Tryon, but I did get some price quotes from them a couple years ago -- seemed like their business model was to post forks on eBay to drum up interest, then offer a sale outside of eBay at 20% off msrp for any current Fox model. Looks like they're trying now to cultivate some customers outside of the eBay path.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    No I dont work there or anything like that. I just moved to Rochester and just found Tryon Bike. I was just very pleased with how my interaction with them went and wanted to pass on the knowledge and savings to you guys. I was hoping to get a bit better reception than this.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brewski122 View Post
    No I dont work there or anything like that. I just moved to Rochester and just found Tryon Bike. I was just very pleased with how my interaction with them went and wanted to pass on the knowledge and savings to you guys. I was hoping to get a bit better reception than this.
    None of us know you. What we do know is that you went to all the trouble to create an account just to say how great Tryon bikes was. You have two posts and both of them are in this thread. So how are we supposed to take that? Most people's first post is something like "hi, I'm new here. I've been riding for x number if years. My favorite places to ride are x y and z" Do you normally take purchasing advice from people who just pop up out of the blue to recommend something?
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I talked to the guys at Tryon Bike last year when I was building up my Intense Spider 29. They are certainly legit, and had excellent prices on their components. Their fork prices were some of the lowest prices I had seen when I was pricing out my fork. As mentioned above by InertiaMan, I did originally see them on eBay. They had their phone number listed on the auction page so I decided to call them to verify the fork prices on eBay and subsequently was offered the 20% deal. I didn't buy a fork from them only because I got a fantastic deal on a 2 week old Fox Talas.
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*

mtbr member

Great deal on FOX forks!

Fwiw, I bought my Pike from them last year at 20% off. Good customer service, honest and accurate about ship times, no funny business whatsoever. Good guys.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '14 RIP 9
    '12 RIP 9
    '08 GF Ferrous 29
    '02 Trek 4300

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Legit shop, and one of the owners (rw420) has been active here on MTBR for many years. There was even another thread about them in this very forum a while back:

Tryon Bike in Rochester NY

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Tryon is a legit shop here in Rochester, I try to give them as much business as I can. Good bunch of guys that love to ride bikes and hook their customers up with great prices and service.

Maybe the OP did create this account just to trumpet them, but for good reason...

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I am selling some 2016 Fox forks. I will give you 50% off. Please send the money to i'minjamicaandwanttotakeyourmoney.com. Thank you.

mtbr member
    that's a funny name for a website? but why not seems legit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    I am selling some 2016 Fox forks. I will give you 50% off. Please send the money to i'minjamicaandwanttotakeyourmoney.com. Thank you.
    2013 Salsa Horsethief 3

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Great deal on FOX forks!

I've bought from tryon bike before. They have a legit eBay store as well and they are very nice folks. I would also recommend.

PVGNA PRO PATRIA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewski122 View Post
    I was hoping to get a bit better reception than this.
    Get used to it...there are lots of keyboard jockeys around here who never really ride bikes because they would rather spend time flexing their internet forum machismo. Thanks for your post though, I am sure the mountian bikers will appreciate it!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I was joking, guys. Sorry

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    I was joking, guys. Sorry
    Hey, I know you're not supposed to peddle your wares in this forums, but if you do have any more of those 2016 forks, PM me. 50% off sounds like a good deal, and you sound legit.