Trail Ninja

Garmin Edge 200 $87.49 shipped (after $30 rebate) + $12.75 off next order

Can't open by saying this is a "GREAT TRAINING TOOL!" as I never have used GPS, but with a deal like this, it looks like I might just get into this GPS craze if this proves to be as good as the hype makes it seem to be. Luxury I can live without, or something that changes your life (if the hype can be believed)...

Garmin has a $30 rebate that's valid on Edge 200 purchases made between June 1, 2012 and Aug 31, 2012. http://garmin.blogs.com/files/edge_200_rebate.pdf

The Edge 200 is their entry level GPS Cycling Computer.

BikeTiresDirect.com seems to offer the most savings on a new one. If you never shopped there before, you get $10 off your first order, free shipping (over $100, which this qualifies for), and 10% worth in points towards your next order.

There's a code which makes it 127.49:
    0612Group

All that makes this $127.49 - $10 = $117.49 out of pocket. $30 rebate makes it $87.49. Plus you get 10% ($12.75 if just getting the GPS) off your next order. If you make another order for something, you basically have only really put up $75 for that Garmin Edge 200. The code works on most things, giving about 15% off, plus they have a nice selection. I ended up getting a King Stainless Bottle Cage with my points that I had from a previous order.

Tax for Oregon residents.

Link to product:

Garmin Edge 200 at BikeTiresDirect

Product info and review links:
    Garmin Edge 200 GPS Computer – First Ride Review - BikeRadar
    DC Rainmaker: Garmin Edge 200 In Depth Review
    Review: Garmin Edge 200 computer
    Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Garmin Edge 200

-----

BikeTiresDirect.com is a shop I've shopped before. I find them very professional. Much easier and trustworthy to buy from, than from smaller shops or individuals, plus they have good prices. Things ship out very fast, with tracking numbers immediately available. I'd put them up on my list of favorite online shops, with the likes of and JensonUSA.

Last edited by Varaxis; 08-15-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    out of stock. :-(

Trail Ninja
    Edited post. Typed in the code in wrong. Should be correct now.

Edit: Was in stock when I just posted, but refreshed it and it says notify for stock now. Oh well. I actually paid 7.50 more, using just the gold status discount. Not gonna use the code when it seems it was meant for local riders joining them on their monthly group ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    awesome, just bought two edge 200 last week on sale, another $60 saving that was not expected

mtbr member
    Tempted to get the 500...I'd like something with cadence for my road bike. Too bad there isn't a $30 for it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Tempted to get the 500...I'd like something with cadence for my road bike.
    And HEART RATE!
    Edge 200 will not and cannot measure heart rate even if you have a strap of your own or Garmin. Cadence is not that important in mountain bike but no heart rate can be a big disadvantage. I use Edge 800 on road and 200 on trails coz I can't afford crashing my 800

Trail Ninja
    Not having ANT+ is a big part of it being $100 less than the 500. These could be cheaper, but I guess they don't make them in such bulk as their car GPS receivers, which go for about $100 as well. Heart rate data on Garmin Connect would've been nice for MTB, for training purposes, but as I'm more casual, I just wanted courses and to check out Strava.

Apparently, putting an item in your cart reserves the item and shows out of stock for others.

I tested on another item:
    - I added 99 of the item to my cart
    - it readjusted the qty to match what they had in stock
    - checked item page and it said out of stock

This deal is likely out of stock cause of a number of people adding it to cart and not removing it or not checking out. Me typing the code in wrong in my original post prob had something to do with that.

If it's in your cart, it will ship out ASAP (during their business and UPS business hours), once you check out.

Code works nicely for other things. 15% off + VIP discount makes the GoPro Hero2 a pretty sweet deal too, at about $240.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alanchan View Post
    And HEART RATE!
    Edge 200 will not and cannot measure heart rate even if you have a strap of your own or Garmin. Cadence is not that important in mountain bike but no heart rate can be a big disadvantage. I use Edge 800 on road and 200 on trails coz I can't afford crashing my 800
    I have my 800 on the stem and it has been in 4 crashes. It didn't even move. That area is rather protected. I broke a brake MC and lever. I've broken a saddle. I messed up my ribs pretty bad, but the 800 never took an impact.

Now, if it was on the handle bars, that could be a bit more volnerable
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Tax for Oregon residents.
    What tax? No sales tax in Oregon.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Thanks!

I just bought it from biketires direct using the code and got it with 2 day shipping (to florida) for 125. Then I will use the rebate. Thanks for posting.

Dont Rep me
    How detailed is the info you get from this GPS?
    Been using MyTracks app on my Galaxy S phone and it shows the distance and altitude, top and average speed, and map of your ride.

Trail Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    What tax? No sales tax in Oregon.
    Learn something new everyday. I knew some states had different sales tax policies, but didn't know Oregon didn't do sales tax on stuff like this. Makes me wonder where they get their income instead.

davidcarson48
    Oregon taxes Meth sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Learn something new everyday. I knew some states had different sales tax policies, but didn't know Oregon didn't do sales tax on stuff like this. Makes me wonder where they get their income instead.
    Oregon has no sales tax. Period.

Income tax, property tax...yes.

Washington state has no income tax. Has sales tax.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Florida has no state tax

Quote Originally Posted by fbabrove View Post
    Florida has no state tax
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info on this! Just busted up my Edge 500 in a crash, and it's going to be $85 to have Garmin repair it. I don't use the heart rate feature so this seems like a really good deal.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    i was gonna get an edge 500 for the HR monitor capability alone but i decided to give that up since this was too good a deal to pass up. thanks!

mtbr member
    i just missed the offer. dang!