mtbr member
    Jan 2004

FYI 20% off at Icyclesusa.com

I've ordered several times from them with zero issues and prompt service. No, I have nothing to do with them except for being an average customer.

Email I just got, thought I'd share....

20% OFF orders over $200 on the ICYCLES website!

We need to make room in the ICYCLES warehouse! New gear arriving the week after Labor Day!

Sorry this offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. Limited to stock on-hand. Ends Monday Labor Day so act fas

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    is there a code ? how do you get it?

flow where ever you go
    Does anyone have the nerve to buy the Canadian titanium mountain bike frame for 20% off $500? Can't find any info on that frame besides what they provide. Looks like a very short top tube, but otherwise interesting.

mtbr member
    $230 for XTR Crank. SOLD!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppie58
    $230 for XTR Crank. SOLD!
    has anyone used these guys? thats a great deal. let us know when you get it.....says ships in 5-7 days.

*Hotter than Hell*
    Aug 2005

... and if we just ... savin' money

just put $200 in the cart, and it automatically takes off 20%!
    PROFESSIONAL THREAD KILLER!

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    Maybe I will just start hanging out in the "Recycle Bin" forum.

*Hotter than Hell*
    Aug 2005

returns are a *****!

Quote Originally Posted by rconceptsinc
    has anyone used these guys? thats a great deal. let us know when you get it.....says ships in 5-7 days.
    very hard to contact! nothing special, except the prices
    PROFESSIONAL THREAD KILLER!

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    Maybe I will just start hanging out in the "Recycle Bin" forum.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rconceptsinc
    I paid the $9 to have it priority shipped, which it said 5 days. I figured since shipping is free and its such a massive discount, $9 wasn't much. Plus I'm excessively impatient.

I used a credit card so if they jack me, I can just file a report. They say 100% guarantee. I hope it works out because they seem to have good prices and an easy site to use.

I talked with Larry at Mtn High on the price for the XTR and he said its well below wholesale. This company must be just dumping these....which is okay with me.

The Other Dude
    Did you notice though that the crankset does not come with the bottom bracket? Its an extra 59 bucks, still a deal all in all. I just ordered one also.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Unchained Freewheel
    Thanks for the tip guys and gals
    The Trail Never Ends.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    doesn't include the wrench either. better to go w/ jenson who is also offering free shipping w/ $150 purchase

Don't touch me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    Did you notice though that the crankset does not come with the bottom bracket? Its an extra 59 bucks, still a deal all in all. I just ordered one also.
    Jenson has the RaceFace X-Type Diabolus BBs for $28 ($35 shipped). Save $13 and you'll have a couple extra days to prep your frame & install the cups before the cranks come in. The Deus BBs are $6 more and expected on Sept. 8 if you think saving (an advertised) 5 grams is worth waiting for.
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]

No good Another cautionary note...

As mentioned in an earlier post, these guys are *VERY* hard to reach if you have a problem. I won a fork from these guys on eBay and they sent me a different fork from the one described in the auction. When I tried to get them to correct the issue, they told me, "that's all we have" and would not respond to my request for a refund. I had to file a claim with PayPal and am still waiting for a resolution. Cheap prices and average shipping times but no customer service to speak of. I would just try to get Jenson or Price Point to price match and steer clear of these guys.

banned
    I suggest not using Paypal, but using your credit card with them. Their return policies suck, meaning if you have a problem, even if it's their error, they hold you to paying for return shipping and all the other charges applied. They messed my order up, I emailed them and they refused to discount for the return shipping, then stopped answering. They said their policies are explicit and I'm responsible under all circumstances. Their real phone number did appear on my credit card posting, so I spoke to some guy there that didn't like I called to try and discuss using an unlisted number. I promptly called my CC company and they reversed the charges under internet fraud, even called me later asking to forward the emails, which apparently violated their billing policies. The fraud dept tried calling the company and was not able to get through.

Their satisfaction guarantee is ********.

mtbr member
    I cancelled my order after reading these. They had not processed it yet and I received an email confirming the cancellation.

I went to Jenson and purchased the XTR for $329. Only $10 more after you add the BB and Tool from Icycles. Plus it feels good to send money to Jenson since they sponsor MTBR.

Also, I did this all late Sunda, including the order with Jenson. ICycles email came monday morning canceling the order, Jenson's email came early monday telling me my order has shipped. WOW. Lets than 12 hours to ship. Icycles had 4 days.

Thanks for the feedback. Could have saved me a gigantic headache.

banned
    This is the link to their returns page. Nowhere does it say they'll be responsible for the return shipping under any circumstances. Also note that if you want a replacement, they suggest buying it before they receive the return item, that way there's no credit on the replacement for the return shipping.
    Who pays the postage on returned items?

Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. Insurance is recommended.
    In this case, any damage, even when they damaged the parts and still packed them is an endless hassle, although they offer you send the item back, shipping at your own expense, even on $2 items. Don't forget that you'll pay the return shipping on the replacement, too.
    What if an item is received damaged?

Contact us immediately, do not send the order back until instructed to do so. All insurance claims for shipping damage must be placed with the shipping company. Save all packing lists, shipping cartons, and packing material until the carrier has inspected them.