mtbr member

Further deals at department of goods/comp cyclist?

I'm about to buy a frame from Comp cyclist that is already discounted off MSRP. Any other ways to further discount it? Online coupon codes?
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    There's the standard 40% off coupon for DoG(6AS-1-UGL9A), if your frame is not discounted more than that already.

Other than that, there's the cash back "ebates" style sites which can net you a few percentage points (ymmv).

Nothing else current afaik.

Trail Ninja
    Step 1) Empty your cart.

Step 2) Visit MrRebates dot com. Register and confirm if you haven't already used them in the past. Search for Backcountry.com (8% cashback and often lists the same stuff as CompCyclist) or Competitive Cyclist (7% cashback, might have to go this route for Niner, Ibis, Pivot, etc).

Step 3) Search for the frame on Backcountry or CC. Checkout as usual. MrRebates might not work all the time and is kind of a hassle.

Alternative) Or just chat live with one of their gear gurus, and they will be happy to throw in stuff like Comp Cyclist water bottles (they are nice ones) or maybe something like a BB (they may even install it for ya), new helmet, or whatever if you are spending enough. I think you have about 5-10% of the frame cost to work with. It's nice to talk to a real person when buying something. I just talked to Hunter H. and he was pretty cool.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    If you have a Discover credit card, you can click through the ShopDiscover portal and get an additional 10% cashback.