Huckin' trails

FSA, Race Face, Shimano ~ eBay

This eBay store has some good deals on major components, such as FSA, Race Face, Shimano and also clothing.

I bought a Deus seatpost 2 days ago for $20 and go it deliver today at 8 AM... Most of the items are buy it now or best offer, so don't be afraid to ask cheap... the seatpost was listed at $55...

They have a free shipping special this weekend.

Rocky Mountain Clyclery on ebay (link for the sale) : http://stores.ebay.com/Rocky-Mountai...4.l1513&_pgn=1

David
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Yup, this is the place to order Race Face stuff. I bought the Evolve cranks on auction. They always have a bunch of stuff closing. Hopefully in offseason they will get the Formula RX brakes again

mtbr member
    They're great, got a raceface atlas bar a few weeks ago for $22. Amazing wheel deals as well if you can catch their 24 hour deals.

Short-Change-Hero
    Doubly awesome.... Got a set of Shimano SLX Centerlock rotors for $25 shipped a few months back and have looked for stuff from them constantly and recently won a Race Face Evolve AM 70mm stem for like $22 as well.

Great customer service, shipping, etc.
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Another thumbs up for these guys. Picked up some XT skewers at a good price.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Guess I'm in the minority here.

I won an auction for an LX crankset on Sept. 2nd and paid on Sept. 3rd. today is the 20th - I don't have my crankset, and can't get anyone to return an e-mail or a phone call.

This is the first online retailer that I've ever had a problem with, so I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. Done dealing with them though, no matter how good their prices are. NOT WORTH IT!
    Enjoy the ride!

mtbr member
    For the record - I have had a good experience a couple years back with them.

Then a couple months ago I won an acution for some Race Face Deus bars. They emailed me 2 days later that they were out of stock (another auction ended after mine, but who knows...) and they offered me other bars. No other red ones, so I passed.

A couple weeks ago I won an auction for some purple Atlas bars. After 12 days (rushing home from work every day, expecting them...) they finally emailed me and said they were out of stock, and I would get my refund in 2-3 days.

Not real pleased with them right now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_ View Post
    For the record - I have had a good experience a couple years back with them.

Then a couple months ago I won an acution for some Race Face Deus bars. They emailed me 2 days later that they were out of stock (another auction ended after mine, but who knows...) and they offered me other bars. No other red ones, so I passed.

A couple weeks ago I won an auction for some purple Atlas bars. After 12 days (rushing home from work every day, expecting them...) they finally emailed me and said they were out of stock, and I would get my refund in 2-3 days.

Not real pleased with them right now.
    Well, at least they e-mailed you.

Ebay case now open...just wish they would respond in some fashion, whether they have the crankset or not.
    Enjoy the ride!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    These guys aren't the fastest, in response or shipping at times. I paid on the 12th and my items just shipped today, and are expected to arrive the 27th. An email a few days ago got no response, and no explanation has been given. But if the parts are good, I guess the markdown is pretty much worth it (to me). I'd say they're alright, if you want cheap parts and can wait for them.

Class Clown
    sounds like they were alright for about a month lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Read their feedback on ebay...its 98.7% so you have a pretty good chance that things will be okay. The negative feedback is the same story, slow mailing, out of stock, misleading ads, no refunds. If you are one of the unlucky few get ready for frustration.

I bought a couple of items, they forgot to ship them until I emailed a week later to ask where they were. The shipment arrived and they forgot half the order. They shipped the other half but I asked them to change the shipping address which they confirmed by email...no problem...shipped to the original address. The items were advertised as genuine shimano brake parts. They don't appear to be and queries to RMC go ignored. Their phone is always busy and their email response is really slow if at all.

If you have to pay a couple dollars more to a company with great feedback I would do that. I will never buy from RMC on ebay again. not worth the hassle. not only are they incompetent but worse they are misleading and not to be trusted.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Read their feedback on ebay...its 98.7% so you have a pretty good chance that things will be okay. The negative feedback is the same story, slow mailing, out of stock, misleading ads, no refunds. If you are one of the unlucky few get ready for frustration.

I bought a couple of items, they forgot to ship them until I emailed a week later to ask where they were. The shipment arrived and they forgot half the order. They shipped the other half but I asked them to change the shipping address which they confirmed by email...no problem...shipped to the original address. The items were advertised as genuine shimano brake parts. They don't appear to be and queries to RMC go ignored. Their phone is always busy and their email response is really slow if at all.

If you have to pay a couple dollars more to a company with great feedback I would do that. I will never buy from RMC on ebay again. not worth the hassle. not only are they incompetent but worse they are misleading and not to be trusted.
    First post and full of hate...

So I guess I'm lucky to had great experience with them... I did had some slow email responses, but it all worked out ok.

David
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

bog
    mtbr member
    I had my bad experience with them last month. I won an auction for a Race Face Atlas stem. The auction stated that they had 7 stems left when I won mine. After a few days with no contact I e-mailed them to see where my stem was. I finally got a reply 12 days after I won the auction stating that the stems were out of stock and that they'd refund me $$. I did get the refund but it took another couple of days.

It seems that they're doing the Best Offer thing and accepting more bids than they have parts to sell. They bring the bids in then take the best ones and ditch the rest. This is not how it is supposed to work!
    SC Tallboy C : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL DA9070

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yeah I've heard about them selling items that they didn't have in stock... which I understand happening really when ebay items move so fast. The main problem is their incredibly slow response when things do go wrong or someone has a question. Seems almost like 1 person is working part time to manage the store.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkston32 View Post
    Yeah I've heard about them selling items that they didn't have in stock... which I understand happening really when ebay items move so fast. The main problem is their incredibly slow response when things do go wrong or someone has a question. Seems almost like 1 person is working part time to manage the store.
    Yeah, its kind of common for eBay stores to have more listing then they actually stocked...

But if you can get them on Buy it now or best offer, its more likely to get the item... because you get it right away, without waiting for the auction end. But it always depends...

When I buy on eBay, as soon as I've paid, I contact the seller to confirm the payment and get shipping dates... but they could get better if eBay has their sellers having to confirm shipping dates and respect 'estimated' shipping delays for each item they sell... but it's the web.

David

habitual line-stepper
    i've had nothing but positive experiences with them. just this summer alone i've won auctions for RF deus wide flat bar, deus seatpost, shimano pro 60 mm stem, and a shimano replacement axle & freehub. the last 3 items were won within a day or two. i contacted them through eBay and asked to have the shipping combined. the next day i had an updated total with the new (cheaper) shipping estimate. had everything within a week. all told, i've gotten some crazy deals over the years and have never had a problem with item availability or shipping. i've also referred them to friends and they've not had problems, either. hopefully that streak will continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by vBulletin
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by kanai View Post
    i've had nothing but positive experiences with them. just this summer alone i've won auctions for RF deus wide flat bar...
    Ditto: Two nice RF bars, two sweet stems, and a few hard-to-find Shimano 32t chainrings. Only twice was it more than $20 shipped for an item, and all of my stuff showed up within a week of payment. They are my only 'favorite' on Ebay.
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Well, looks like I spoke too soon. First and likely last order with them on eBay. I ordered a RMB stem won in an auction and green Race Face Turbine risers, also from an auction. Like I said, it took a ridiculously long time to ship. And today, I get the package and... the bars aren't there. All that's in the envelope is a packing slip with a hastily scribble "out" over the bars that should have been shipped. And of course, no response from them. Nothing. I can't even use the stem without the bars. This is absurd. Just send a message inquiring... I hoped to get green bars to match the color scheme on my bike, but neither the Deus nor the Turbine green bars are still in the store. I said he could replace them with RF Turbine wide flat bars. I'm just tired of dealing with it. I'll update when he replies, maybe near the end of the week...

mtbr member
    Dang dude, I just got a seatpost and stem in. Normally they'd ship same day or following day, these took 3-4 days to ship but I got them in on Friday of last week, 8 days after the auctions ended.

I've had nothing but great experiences with them, just bummed I didnt have the free cash to grab some Turbine cranks FS a while back from them.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'm guessing he's one of those sellers that, when things works out, all's good and everyone's happy. But if not, then the buyer's on his/her own. I'm sure it'll get worked out some way or another, but it' still frustrating and such.

Congrats on your 500th post!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yep, seems like if they actually have the item, you're good to go. It's now been 24 days since the close of the auction I won and still no item and no response whatsoever. they really shouldn't be allowed to stay on Ebay with a track record like this. I guess my lesson learned is to look at the feedback carefully before I send my money.

I had to laugh tonight when I saw them post a Reynolds Carbon Wheelset for $1300+. I'm pissed about a $50 crankset. If they stiffed me like this on a $1300 wheelset, I'd be on the next flight to CO.

BTW, if you look them up, you can get a real phone number to their shop, rather than the 800 number that no one answers. Still wasn't much help, but at least you can talk to a real person/let them know what you think about their service.

At this point, I fully expect that I'll have to wait to get reimbursed through Ebay.
    Enjoy the ride!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yeah I hear ya. That wheelset... Ha!

I guess it's simple enough to simply get a refund through paypal or ebay. Unfortunately I have another item that the seller sent, so I can't get out of this mess without *gulp* dealing with the seller.

Some luck we've had. Maybe he's gotten overwhelmed by the increased orders from people looking for a deal. Still no excuse for this though.

I suppose that's the price to pay for using some online sellers. I wish I had the money to support my LBS buying expensive parts sold at MSRP.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    hi guys
    Obviously a mixed bag of success with RMC. Most of the time it goes fine but when it doesn't there is frequently no reply, no refund...nothing. Thats not acceptable as far as I am concerned. I buy a lot of stuff on line from ebay, Jenson, PricePoint etc and I have never had an issue like I have had with RMC. As to being full of hate...just telling it like I see it. I will try and make future posts happier.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    I've bought a couple of things from them without any problems. They have responded to my questions quickly although I think their shipping could be a little quicker.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Update:
    As expected, everything worked out alright in the end.

Ended up asking for a green Deus XC bar similar but older than the Turbine I had won. Not bad, it got here around Thursday. As described.

Another thing: Remember how I bought the stem and bar together, and only the stem came? Well it was the wrong stem. I ordered an 85mm with the RMB logo only facing one direction. The one I got had the RMB logo upside-down and rightside-up, and measured 90mm. I really don't care, but really?

So, any suggestions of feedback? I can leave 2. Items paid for the 12th of September, arrived the 6th of October. Neither item is what I originally ordered. Ha! Sounds like 2 negatives to me.