29 some of the time...

Free shipping on Halo Headbands

I stumbled across the Halo headband in the adds at the back of Bike Magazine. After a bit of internet reading on them I decided to give it a try. I am amazed how well these headbands work (apparently most people who try them are also blown away). Living in the hot and humid South East sweat literally pours off during the summer. With a halo on I can actually wear glasses again without fear of dripping sweat on them in the first 5mi of a ride. Now I find myself wearing the headband while doing yard work and anything else where I don't want sweat in my eyes. Very useful device.

Okay, endorsement over. Check it out for yourself. I am not affiliated with the company, just pretty stoked on the product.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

More Torque
    Quote Originally Posted by AL29er
    I stumbled across the Halo headband in the adds at the back of Bike Magazine. After a bit of internet reading on them I decided to give it a try. I am amazed how well these headbands work (apparently most people who try them are also blown away). Living in the hot and humid South East sweat literally pours off during the summer. With a halo on I can actually wear glasses again without fear of dripping sweat on them in the first 5mi of a ride. Now I find myself wearing the headband while doing yard work and anything else where I don't want sweat in my eyes. Very useful device.

Okay, endorsement over. Check it out for yourself. I am not affiliated with the company, just pretty stoked on the product.
    Does your forehead feel any more hot when you wear it?

-D

One Gear
    I for one, was not blown away. It felt like someone tied a rope around my head and sinched it tight. One size does not fit all. YMMV

Extra Crispy
    Quote Originally Posted by .40AET
    I for one, was not blown away. It felt like someone tied a rope around my head and sinched it tight. One size does not fit all. YMMV
    How big is your head? I've got a pretty big dome.
    Now with eggs.

One Gear
    L or XL depending on the helmet. I'm 6'3", so I'm sure that there are still a lot of guys with bigger heads than mine. It would be nice if they made an XL size.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks for the HU on this - many friends swear by them, but I haven't found them locally.

They are "one size fits most"

29 some of the time...
    Personally mine is very comfortable. I typically wear a Medium helmet. It is looser than my Pearl Izumi headbands FWIW.

Diesel, I don't notice any elevated heat on my head.

mtbr member
    You can get ones that tie up in the back, so you can adjust the size.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I think its the best thing out there. Wear a L helmet, and fits comfortably. I sweat like a hog, so a headband is a must. I find it to work well above any other I have tried and it does work exactly as described. I have only tried the headband as now now, and will be purchasing the skull cap. Again though, just my personal experience.

beautiful jackass
    That's always been the most memorable ad for me. The way the dude's head is drawn fascinates me every time.

EDR
    I don't see any free shipping.............what the heck, my cart says s/h $3.50.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    I don't see any free shipping.............what the heck, my cart says s/h $3.50.
    Use the code. And I think it is only for their "standard" shipping. I choose USPS and was charged $3.50.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Use the code. And I think it is only for their "standard" shipping. I choose USPS and was charged $3.50.
    OH......

I never even looked at the add the OP posted, I just read the text.

Thanks

29 some of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Yeah, you need to apply the coupon then another shipping option shows up as "free shipping". It is a bit weird, but works fine.

EDR
    Yeah, you need to apply the coupon then another shipping option shows up as "free shipping". It is a bit weird, but works fine.
    ya, I figured it out. I just never saw the coupon in you post............I'm not too sharp sometimes

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    picked one up from REI last year.. it does do a pretty good job and can fit comfortably under a helmet imo.

banned
    Dec 2006
    I agree I felt the same way

mtbr member
    I have a big head (7 5/8 or 7 1/2 baseball cap) and the Halo headbands fit me fine and they work well.

I love them.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2
    2013 Trek Stache 8
    2011 Giant Defy Advanced 0

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Has anybody tried the Halo Protex bandana? I would be particularly interested in comparisons with Headsweatz bandanas.

Also, does the Halo leave a noticeable mark on your forehead after wearing? (Don't laugh.)

29 some of the time...
    Yes, it leaves a line. It goes away within 5-10 minutes though

I rode yesterday and for the heck of it rode the first 7mi without the Halo. Sweat was rolling down my nose and I was wiping my brow with my glove quite often. Then I put the halo on. No more sweat waterfall, no more brow wiping required. I am waiting to receive my free shipping one, very tempted to order up a skull cap as the leaves are starting to fall here.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Yes, it leaves a line. It goes away within 5-10 minutes though

I rode yesterday and for the heck of it rode the first 7mi without the Halo. Sweat was rolling down my nose and I was wiping my brow with my glove quite often. Then I put the halo on. No more sweat waterfall, no more brow wiping required. I am waiting to receive my free shipping one, very tempted to order up a skull cap as the leaves are starting to fall here.
    My headband arrived today.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sanrensho
    Has anybody tried the Halo Protex bandana? I would be particularly interested in comparisons with Headsweatz bandanas.

Also, does the Halo leave a noticeable mark on your forehead after wearing? (Don't laugh.)
    I have 3 bandanas. Yes they leave a mark cause the strip is like a squeegee. I used to tie them in the back. Now I don't. They work. Another benefit is that my helmet foam cushions no longer drip with sweat.

I have never used the Headsweatz.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for the comments, folks. I'm on the fence about buying one, since my Headsweatz work fine. Someday I hope man can invent a bandana/headband technology that does not leave the dreaded forehead crease.

mtbr member
    Get the one that you can tie. One size does fit all for that one.

One Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDee
    Get the one that you can tie. One size does fit all for that one.
    Perhaps for next summer I will give it a try. I need something for the hazy, hot, and humid days of summer.