clyde in training

free shipping at beyond bikes

with any order over $100. The code is: MD27

(only applies to orders within the US)

The Uberest of Micks.
    Unfortunately, it's Beyond Bikes. So even though the shipping is free, it'll still take 6-8 weeks to show up, when it does it'll be wrong, and it'll take another 6-8 weeks to get the return/refund/replacement sorted out.

Free shipping PERMANENTLY with Speedgoat, no coupon required, and they're a company that actually knows what it's doing!
    "Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."
    - Oscar Wilde

This is bat country.

Have we not learned the first 1000 times?

Hasn't this forum collectively decided not to support this business an infinite amount of times already? Everytime the name is even mentioned there will be at least 20 replys on bad experiences, and I'm sure they will follow after this post.

When will people learn not support such a terrible online bike retailer?
    If the rig made the rider, I'd be pro...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No kidding, what a worthless POS company. What is wrong with people!!!!!

Bike Geek

Bb

Absolutely the worst on line bike company ever. And not the greatest booth at Sea Otter either.
    RIP AL DAVIS

SS Pusher Man
    You get free shipping, because you will never get your product. So no shipping charges will incur.

wannabe corporate shill
    Jan 2006
    all of the comments regarding never getting products begs the question= If the service is so bad and people never get their products (I'm imagining that people eventually cancel their order)...how is Beyond bikes still in business?

by the way, my only experience with them to date resulted in me cancelling my order after waiting two weeks for a backordered product.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Still in business because a lot of people order from magazine ads... and don't use the internet.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Bike Geek
    Didn't WC Fields say there was a SUCKER born every minute? Or was it Winston Churchill? Either way, BB is the scroat store.
    RIP AL DAVIS

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalruckus
    Didn't WC Fields say there was a SUCKER born every minute? Or was it Winston Churchill? Either way, BB is the scroat store.
    Hmm... hardly English characteristic of one of the greatest orators of the last century (Churchill). The quote is typically attributed to PT Barnum, but even that's dubious.

mtbr member
    damn, you all had bad experiences with them?

I bought like $130 worth of stuff from them a month ago. Ordered on the 8th, shipped on the 13th and that included a backordered item. I even priced match Topeak Alien multitool by email and they priced matched it like 10mins. (although that could be an automatic thing).

I didn't return anything though, so I don't know about that. Anyway, I was happy with the transaction.

The Uberest of Micks.
    Hmm, last time I ordered something from them, was about 18 months ago - a Rock Shox Reba Race with U-Turn. I called because the site said they had it in stock, and wanted to make sure. The kid I spoke to (turns out he was the manager) said that if the site said they had it, then they had it. I asked him nicely if he could just please double check to make sure, he put the phone down on the counter and walked away (I could hear the shop noises in the background, including him talking to someone else who worked there about his plans that weekend, after a few minutes) and when he came back on, he said that they did indeed have it.

Went ahead and ordered it.

Got an email in response to my order, saying it was backordered, but they would ship it in 5-7 business days.

Called them to cancel the order after a week, but was told I was too late, since it was being sent out that day. Fine, fair enough.

When it showed up, (three weeks after I ordered it) the only thing they got right was the type of fork. Other than it being a Reba, it was the cheaper SL, in red. So I returned it, at my cost, for a refund. Which took them another three weeks to process.

So to sum up, they lied about having what I wanted in stock, they shipped the wrong thing, and I was out about $40 (shipping to me, and back to them) for the experience.

-------

Incidentally, the day I sent it back to them, I called Supergo (ahh, I miss them!). They had it in stock too, and the same situation happened - I called to make sure, and in the process explained what had happened with BB (without naming names) the guy went to check the stock himself. This time though, when he came back on the phone, there was a tapping sound, and he said "That's the fork!". Price matched it for me, and also upgraded my shipping to 3-day at no extra cost...
    "Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."
    - Oscar Wilde

MTBR Demi-God
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nwsula
    free shipping at beyond bikes
    I am still not willing to buy anything from there.
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ubermick
    So to sum up, they lied about having what I wanted in stock, they shipped the wrong thing, and I was out about $40 (shipping to me, and back to them) for the experience.
    Sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by ubermick
    Incidentally, the day I sent it back to them, I called Supergo (ahh, I miss them!). They had it in stock too, and the same situation happened - I called to make sure, and in the process explained what had happened with BB (without naming names) the guy went to check the stock himself. This time though, when he came back on the phone, there was a tapping sound, and he said "That's the fork!". Price matched it for me, and also upgraded my shipping to 3-day at no extra cost...
    He was tapping the fork. now thats service!

Members who have read this thread: 0