mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Fox Shox Fox 36 Talas 160 RLC FIT Fork OE

Hucknroll has these for 635.97. They are or but I was curious how these may differ from other forks. They said they are uncut and new. Maybe they come without the box and accessories or are there other differences? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Looks like an awesome deal. It's basically a 2012 Talas FIT RLC, minus the aftermarket gold graphics. BUT it does come with the sweet Kashima coating, which usually is missing from most OE forks.

And what accesories are you referring to? A brand new boxxed FOX fork comes with no more than a star nut lol. No pump if you're looking for that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for the reply. I was just trying to figure out why it is so cheap. Are there usually other differences that will make them harder to sell later or perform differently.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpk1080 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I was just trying to figure out why it is so cheap. Are there usually other differences that will make them harder to sell later or perform differently.
    The usual difference for OE forks like I mentioned most lack the Kashima coating, even with the higher end dampers like the FIT RLC. If it was a Talas R, then OE or aftermarket, you wouldn't have Kashima available for it.

Selling them shouldn't be any problem, that fork is no different from the 2012 Talas FIT RLC that was available for aftermarket sale for like $900+ IIRC. The only difference is the color of the sticker on the leg.

If it was a Float FIT RLC OE, it would be an even better score as those are black, and almost everyone wants a black Float these days. I know it took me forever trying to find my Fox 34 Float in black.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like a no brainier than at 40% off.

Singletrack Addict!!!
    Well, it's a Talas... now if it were a Float... Game.
    The world needs a huge socio-economic change...be it. We all need to ride more....

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Is this still a pretty good deal for the talas or not worth it? Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpk1080 View Post
    Is this still a pretty good deal for the talas or not worth it? Thanks
    The best you could do on the same 2012 FIT RLC Kashima fork would be only 15% off retail using Universalcycles.com 15% off coupon code. This deal blows it out of the water.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I bought that fork from them. It was legit and a great deal. They forgot to include the brake cable guide but when I called them they sent it back out asap with an extra star nut. I was gonna’ get the rc2 but for $4-500 difference, I decided I could live without hi-speed compression. Plus, I like to get out of the saddle on ling climbs and the lock-out helps.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    i thought they forgot mine too but it was actually in the steerer tube.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I bought that fork from them. It was legit and a great deal. They forgot to include the brake cable guide but when I called them they sent it back out asap with an extra star nut. I was gonna’ get the rc2 but for $4-500 difference, I decided I could live without hi-speed compression. Plus, I like to get out of the saddle on ling climbs and the lock-out helps.