Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fox 36 27.5 and Pike 29 at Backcountry

4K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  Skedasticity 
#1 ·
I just took a peek over at backcountry as they have 12% back through active junky at the moment.

They have the solo air pike 29 130mm 51mm offset at $550

They have the 2015 Fox 36 27.5 RC2 FIT 150mm at $500

Some other good deals on forks as well.

Mountain Forks | Backcountry.com

#13 ·
Check out their site, they explain it better than anyone here. But basically, sign up, click the "Backcountry" link on activejunky.com (they do this for a ton of other web stores too), then when you make the purchase, Active Junky gets a notice and you'll get an email saying Hey your purchase was recognized, we now owe you $60 or whatever....

Every quarter (of the calendar year) they mail out checks. Make several purchases through various web stores through AJ, and next quarter, you'll get a single check with all the rebates on it.

Never...ever...buy anything off Jenson, Backcountry, Competitive, etc without hitting up AJ first. Really can't be an easier way to save even more.

#20 ·
Got one coming tomorrow from CC. It will likely go on my SC Blur LTc. a2c is less than what is on there now. I doubt I will be able to tell a difference because of the rake, but I have a CC angleset in stock to install if I do.

Thanks Skedasticity for the post and Active Junky info. It was 10% back from AJ for me, so fork is, eventually, about $450. Only problem is that I do not need another fork. Just wanted it. Big boys and their toys.

#23 ·
No cable clamp either, right? Fox tries to sell those things for $12. :rolleyes:

The aftermarket Pike would've came with a basic service/seal kit too, and not only a pump, star nut, and travel spacers. The box comes in handy for sending them out for service too. Looks like it comes with the new stickers to mark hub width and offset, and also the new sag gradients, but not the newer internals. The 130mm shouldn't have the issues as the full travel versions though, as the damper's lower sealhead only seems to be vulnerable to wiggle/leaking at full extension.

#22 ·
Just got the Pike installed on by SB95, will have to wait for Saturday to give it a good thrashing. I had a 2014 Fox Factory 34 at 140mm. a2c looks like it's about 6mm less for the 130mm Pike but from what I hear they tend to ride higher in the travel and it should dive less than the 34 so probably closer to how it handles now than going with a Pike 140mm.

Fork wasn't in a box but it did come with a maxle and volume spacers. No pump or star nut included.

Pretty stoked to ride it, now I just need to wait for a good deal to replace the Fox ctd shock that always blows through all it's travel when it's at < 20% sag...

#26 ·
The stamp on the back of the crown should say 26T5_(serial)_, with the first 2 numbers not being any lower than 26 (which week it was mfg'd). 26 or higher would make it a '16 model technically, and lower would make it a '15 model. Only thing newer that I know of is the new lower sealhead with the improved seals (SKF). If it says 32T52750000 or something, the first 2 numbers being the indicator, you got lucky and got a 2016 with newer more reliable internals.

Actually, seems like Backcountry did sell 2016 OEM Pikes...

Brown Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Metal Black

My ROS9 is gonna get sweeter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.