• 01-14-2013
    Mowerman
    Forte Convert Pedals for $45
    at PerformanceBike.
    Forté Convert Platform Pedals - Mountain Bike Pedals
    I believe these are a very similar design to the Kona Wah Wah, which is a damn fine pedal. Anyhoo, $45 seems like a great deal for pedals.

Not sure if the in-store price is the same, but you can ship to your local store for free for orders over $50.
  • 01-15-2013
    wu501
    I had these a few years ago before going clipless. Great platforms for the price.
  • 01-15-2013
    Mowerman
    They had free shipping (to your home) on orders over $50 through Jan 15th, so I just added a tube to the order and mine are on their way. Stoked.
  • 01-24-2013
    Bombin4X
    I run these on three of my bikes. Love them.
  • 01-25-2013
    Dorf
    Grabbed a pair. Thanks for the heads up.
  • 01-25-2013
    GTscoob
    Performance will price match their online store if you want to grab this in person at one of their stores.

Have two pairs of these that make their rotation through the quiver and they're great. Color wont match anything else on your bike but still great for the money.
  • 01-25-2013
    Shaney Boogz
    Sounds like a good pedal. Thanks for the post!
  • 01-26-2013
    ronyc
    Found it funny that they have a vid on how to clip and unclip right under the product pics. Good find OP.
  • 01-26-2013
    SS Hack
    I just got mine, they are very nice and blow alway my DMR v12s.
  • 01-27-2013
    RyanW
    work very well
    I got these in store for $45 and tried them today, they have great grip :thumbsup:
  • 01-27-2013
    warimono
    I have the Kona Wah Wahs and these seem to be exactly the same. Or well copied. I would imagine that they are sourced from the same manufacture though. If I needed another pair I would go for the $45 instead of the $80.
  • 01-28-2013
    SS Hack
    Check out this Nashbar version, they're 40 grams lighter and cheaper when the next coupon hits. But the axel is shorter and I'm wondering if they are weaker? Any pedal experts out there?
  • 01-28-2013
    eurospek
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Check out this Nashbar version, they're 40 grams lighter and cheaper when the next coupon hits. But the axel is shorter and I'm wondering if they are weaker? Any pedal experts out there?

That's a rebranded HT AN06 pedal. Same quality. Slightly bigger platform of 98 x 100 x 17mm.

The Forte Converts are HT AN16 pedasl, platform size 94 x 100 x 17 mm.
  • 01-28-2013
    SS Hack
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    That's a rebranded HT AN06 pedal. Same quality. Slightly bigger platform of 98 x 100 x 17mm.

The Forte Converts are HT AN16 pedasl, platform size 94 x 100 x 17 mm.

So even bigger and lighter weight, do you think they're as strong? http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product2_10053__549650_
  • 01-28-2013
    eurospek
    Quote:

So even bigger and lighter weight, do you think they're as strong? Nashbar Verge Platform Pedals - Normal Shipping Ground

I wouldn't worried about either pedal. I've had the Forte Converts, Kona Wah Wahs, and now my brother has a set of HT AN01, all have been 1/3 of the cost of my Point1 Podiums, and not too mention, 110% more reliable, needed pretty much nothing season after season, all took rock strikes with pride. As for my Podiums, I need a set of bearings within 2 rides after a full rebuild. :madman:
  • 01-28-2013
    GTscoob
    When VP first released their version of those Nashbar pedals a few users managed to crush the pedal body that isnt supported by the spindle. These were DH rides who really smashed them on rocks so they're probably fine for trail use but maybe not for DH riding.
  • 01-28-2013
    SS Hack
    Thanks for all the great info. After my ride on "thin" pedals I'm sold, I did the same climb on my single speed with slightly harder gearing than normal and I think the thin pedals gave me more leverage. Either that or I was out of my mind. I normally ride DMR v12s.
  • 01-28-2013
    eurospek
    I wouldn't call 17mm really thin pedals just yet. Definitely low profile, but thin is Spank Spikes, HT AE01 EVO, Canfield Crampon Ultimates, Point1 Podiums etc.
  • 01-28-2013
    SS Hack
    17mm is thin to me after the v12s. Anything thinner and cheapish? Anything cheapish in colors?
  • 02-03-2013
    kragu
    Forte Convert Pedals for $45
    Quote:

17mm is thin to me after the v12s. Anything thinner and cheapish? Anything cheapish in colors?

VP Vice are in the 17mm range and run about $70 on Amazon. Comes in red, blue, black, silver, and gold.
  • 02-03-2013
    Retlaw
    Quote:

The VP-001's are 17mm at the spindle and 13 mm at the ends.
    About $45 on eBay or Amazon. Avail in colors.