Thread: Fork deals

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Fork deals

Hello, I'm looking for a fork, 100mm travel, straight steer and 9mm or 15mm drop out. Any deals on fork out there?

mtbr member
    Seen some good deals on X-Fusion Slide RL2 forks on e-bay
    Former bicycle mechanic for 8 years, current soil scientist.

Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

mtbr member
    May 2011
    +1 on the Slide 29er from X-Fusion. Very happy with mine.

ride all day
    Sep 2011
    Keep looking at chainlove, I see a fox float there probably once a week in 100mm, and I don't look at all the deals going for around $450

Trips for Kids Denver
    You could scour several local bike shops for a great deal on a take off. I got a 2013 Talus CTD F29 34mm chassis for more than 1/2 off retail.
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

mtbr member
    PM'd
    -G

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'll third the X-Fusion Slide RL. Mine replaced a Fox F29 RL and no regrets. Works much better than anticipated for a $225 shipped Black Friday purchase.
    OB1 Kielbasa

One is good!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Is 700 a good deal for a new 2012 Carbon 29er XLR Lefty?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Ive been searching for a while for fork deals and have come to the conclusion that it's not the right time of year for the amazing deals. But I guess that depends what specs your looking for. If your fine with a straight steerer and 9mm drop outs, there are deals out there. But when you start looking for tapered with 15thru axle, it's slim pickings.

I've talked to guys who have found close outs on jenson for Sid 100mm tapered 15thru for 400 bucks....where are those deals!!!

I think you should keep your eyes open on eBay. The good deals sell out immediately. Check the completed listings for actual selling costs. Otherwise you have to be patient and jump on the deals. On ebay, click on the option for newly listed. You might get lucky and find one that has been listed for less then an hour. Or email the seller and ask if they can do a better price outside of eBay. I've convinced a lot of sellers to drop the prices significantly...but I've also had guys with unrealistic price expectations.

The rockshox Reba seem to be the best deals now. Most are adjustable from 80-100-120 with spacers regardless what it's listed as.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drz400sm View Post
    The rockshox Reba seem to be the best deals now. Most are adjustable from 80-100-120 with spacers regardless what it's listed as.
    I thought you could only go to 100mm on the 2012 forks? There are a ton of 2012 tapered QR15 Rebas available right now, but I need a 120mm - 140mm fork.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmoretime View Post
    I'll third the X-Fusion Slide RL. Mine replaced a Fox F29 RL and no regrets. Works much better than anticipated for a $225 shipped Black Friday purchase.
    It should work well.
    Several of the X-Fusion forks just came out on top in a recent Euro-mag comparison.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Captain, CRC had a '12 140mm Rev RCT3 dual air for just over $400 at the end of Feb. It seems to be around $490 now. And it is black with 20mm Maxle.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    This should be easy..9mm QR, 100mm. Just go on Ebay and type whatever mid-tier fork name and something will come up new or virtually new like a Reba or Manitou Minute. Personally I used the Minute Pro. It's a fantastic fork for the money if you can find one from 1-2 years ago.