Thread: Five Ten shoes

Duh, Winning!
    Mar 2011

Five Ten shoes

Hi guys, for everyone who missed the last 5.10 deal, leftlane sports has some 510 shoes for approx half off.

https://www.leftlanesports.com/invite/JeffChang

disclaimer: If you click on the link above I get a referral (otherwise you can go to leftlane sports.com instead). You will have to sign up but its pretty fast with minimal information.

Here are some prices from the website in case you dont want to sign up just yet:

5.10 warhawk 59.95
    5.10 freerunner white/black 59.95/64.95

mtbr member
    they are all climbing shoes!

Duh, Winning!
    Mar 2011
    most of them are but there are a few that are not climbing shoes and can be used for mountain biking. I like the freerunner as they have good grip and they are more comfortable to wear.

mtbr member
    how stiff is the sole on the free runner? Wife could use a pair of biking/walking/athletic shoes...

Duh, Winning!
    Mar 2011
    They aren't as stiff as impact or carvers. Freerunners were made for trail running I think, so there is more flexibility. That being said, I have a pair of adidas trail running shoes and the freerunners are more stiff than those, and more stiff than other running shoes I have used in the past. I have not run with the freerunners, but they are very comfortable walking around in, pushing your bike up hill, walking on trails, etc.

I just got an email from clymb also selling the same shoes:

The Clymb | The Gear You Need. Up to 70% Below Retail.

Again, this is my referral link or you can just go to theclymb.com

They have the black freerunners for 59.98 and the warhawk for 69.98.

mtbr member
    Rock Creek dot com is having a sale on 5.10s until May 10th. Free shipping on orders over $49.

Nothing cray, just around 20% off.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Listeria View Post
    Hi guys, for everyone who missed the last 5.10 deal, leftlane sports has some 510 shoes for approx half off.

https://www.leftlanesports.com/invite/JeffChang

disclaimer: If you click on the link above I get a referral (otherwise you can go to leftlane sports.com instead). You will have to sign up but its pretty fast with minimal information.

Here are some prices from the website in case you dont want to sign up just yet:

5.10 warhawk 59.95
    5.10 freerunner white/black 59.95/64.95
    I used your link, enjoy!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_ View Post
    how stiff is the sole on the free runner? Wife could use a pair of biking/walking/athletic shoes...
    I've been riding in the freerunner for almost a year now and have been pretty happy with them but I don't have experience with any other proper biking shoes to compare them with. I commute in them daily, use them on singletrack and long rides up to 4 hours with no complaints of foot ache or sore feet the day after. That said, they could be a bit stiffer for hard grinding climbs and bumpy fast descents and I will be looking for something stiffer for my next shoes. The sole grips great, even on plastic pedals. I've also used them for travelling, walking around cities all day, even a bit of running and trail running (but they are heavy for that). Great all round shoe.