Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Duh, Winning!
    Mar 2011

five ten freerider shoe

Competitive Cyclist is having a sale on 5.10 freerider shoes. Most sizes are now 48.00.

I used to have some fox shoes but after switching to 5.10s there was a significant difference!

2012 Five Ten Freerider Shoe - Competitive Cyclist

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Word of caution. Last year Competitive had a sale on 5.10 at exactly this time of year. I ordered some. Didn't end up getting my shoes until July. Same deal as listed on the website now: shoes due in by the next week. Over 3 months later before shoes arrive. Contacted Competitive a few times. They claimed 5.10 was having production delays. Could be different this year, but....? Maybe get some kind of confirmation from Competitive?]

mtbr member
    Thats a sick deal, but I just grabbed the last white-tiger Freerider in 13 from huck n roll when they dropped to $62 last week. Tempting to grab another pair in 13 and just sit on them for when my new pair wear out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I'll never forget when I spotted a deal for the Freeriders on sale for $50 years ago and I ordered some (not from competitive, but someone else) and they ended up sending me the Impacts. Oh Lucky Day!!!

This is a great deal, thanks for sharing!

The CC website says they are available on 4/05/12, so we shall see what happens . . .

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    Finally going to see what 5.10s are all about. Better not disappoint considering their reputation on this forum. Thanks OP
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

mtbr member
    i'm also joining the 5.10 club (thanks, op)- now let's see how quickly the get them in stock. i just have no idea why they make their shoes so goofy looking.
    - 1995 Giant ATX 890
    - 2011 Salsa El Mariachi XL

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'm here to tell you 5.10s are amazing.

I got a pair last year.

1) I did not expect this from the picture on the net, but they have ended up being the most stylish shoes I own. So don't judge their "goofiness" until you see em in person. I wear mine as my everyday kicks

2) The stealth rubber will spoil you. I went out riding the other day with a pair of cheap vans I got a while ago. Went to pick the back end of the bike up to pivot around a curb, and my outside foot went flying off the pedal. I was so used to the way the 5.10s stick to the pedals - and the vans don't even come close to doing the same thing.

If I had the cash, I'd pick up a 2nd pair as well. I was happy to pay 100 bucks for mine, in fact I'd say it was one of the most bang for the buck purchases I've ever made. I literally could not be happier with the shoes.

Getting them for 50 bucks must be some sort of crime...

mtbr member
    I have the pair shown in the pictures (scribble color, IIRC), but the ones you are ordering are the Black/Gray:

Fantastic shoes, if a little tight comparing them to Vans or other skate shoes. I wear the same size, but even after having them a while, they are a bit tighter.

Enjoy, this is a great deal!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Deal dead?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Not the freerider, nor very attractive, but still 5.10 and a great deal:
    BlueSkyCycling.com - Five Ten Spitfire Shoe

mtbr member
    fyi, i looked at my order at cc and it reads it will ship 4/20.
    - 1995 Giant ATX 890

Chamois Dropper
    Does anyone know what the 5 10 sizing is like? I hate to send shoes back. I wear a 12 in Vans, wondering if anyone knows if they run the same.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by natzx7 View Post
    Does anyone know what the 5 10 sizing is like? I hate to send shoes back. I wear a 12 in Vans, wondering if anyone knows if they run the same.
    Sizing should be the same as your Vans.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin View Post
    Word of caution. Last year Competitive had a sale on 5.10 at exactly this time of year. I ordered some. Didn't end up getting my shoes until July. Same deal as listed on the website now: shoes due in by the next week. Over 3 months later before shoes arrive. Contacted Competitive a few times. They claimed 5.10 was having production delays. Could be different this year, but....? Maybe get some kind of confirmation from Competitive?]
    Thats crazy it took 4 months for your order :/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by natzx7 View Post

from my post above -
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_ View Post

Fantastic shoes, if a little tight comparing them to Vans or other skate shoes. I wear the same size, but even after having them a while, they are a bit tighter.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gridtalker View Post
    Thats crazy it took 4 months for your order :/
    Yep. When I purchased, website said shoes were due in within 3 days. That date kept getting pushed back. Coming and going, until Competitive finally took the due dates off the site. I called for an update about once per month. Guys kept telling me that 5.10 had underestimated production and were behind. To Competitive's credit, I could have cancelled at any time, and they never charged my credit card. Course they could have communicated better. I never heard one word from them, even when the shoes shipped. They just showed up at my door some 4 months later as I recall. Had I known it was going to take so long, I would have bought elsewhere. At some point, I figured the shoes I had were still holding up, the deal I got from Competitive was still the cheapest I'd seen, so why not just keep waiting. I don't blame Competitive. As stated, I could have cancelled. However, I would guarantee a product was in stock before I ordered there again.

BTW: Has anyone who ordered these shoes on this deal got them in the mail yet?

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    ..To Competitive's credit, I could have cancelled at any time, and they never charged my credit card...
    Well I just checked my CC statement and they have definitely charged the amount so hopefully that means they wont do the same they did to you as they did me/us.
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KVW View Post
    Well I just checked my CC statement and they have definitely charged the amount so hopefully that means they wont do the same they did to you as they did me/us.
    Does anyone find it interesting that Competitive doesn't even have the Freerider listed on their site anymore? I'm not saying this means something is up, but the shoe has been taken completely off after the "sale".

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    Lookie what just arrived.

Duh, Winning!
    Mar 2011
    I remember when my pair of 5.10s looked clean...Does anyone know if I can just toss them in the laundry machine? Dunno if its gonna do anything to the sole of the shoe...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Cool!

mtbr member
    damn wish I bought some!!

mtbr member
    Awesome! Mine apparently shipped Tues. Estimated delivery says next Monday, which seems slow. Hopefully I'll get an early surprise.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]
    Does anyone find it interesting that Competitive doesn't even have the Freerider listed on their site anymore? I'm not saying this means something is up, but the shoe has been taken completely off after the "sale".
    Probably just cleared out their existing stock to make room for the new Freeride model that is supposed to be available this year

Random Products Part Five - Interbike 2011 - Pinkbike.com

BTW, thanks to the OP for posting this smoking deal! I got my shipping notice from Competitive Cyclist a couple days ago so mine should be waiting on the porch for me when I get home tonight

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pritchett View Post
    Awesome! Mine apparently shipped Tues. Estimated delivery says next Monday, which seems slow. Hopefully I'll get an early surprise.
    i got an update with that same info- en route and to arrive 4/16. too bad i separated my shoulder and will be on the shelf for a bit. maybe this is a good time to get my wheels trued.

looking forward to the new kicks!
    - 1995 Giant ATX 890

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast