mtbr member

First Time BlueSkyCycling.com

Any more experiences like mine?

I gave BlueSkyCycling a chance but my experience is not good so far.

If you see and item's status as In Stock why the hell do you get an e-mail saying that it is backordered ?

My english may not be perfect but the last time I checked InStock meant InStock and backordered meant NOTInStock.

I'll come back to update this thread and share my experience with BlueSkyCycling.com
    I know they help sponsor this site that's why I tried to show my support

Rocket Scientist
    Mar 2005
    That has happened to me several times. I've place at least 3 orders by now and I've never gotten my full order on the first shipment. I even waited 6 weeks for a Thomson 4x stem that they were suppose to get in stock "next monday". I eventually cancelled that item.

mtbr member
    Its pretty well documented on the board that bluesky has issues with their "in-stock" vs. actual stock. You should call in to check if they have what you want in stock.

I have placed 2 orders, both times, I called them in. A couple of the items were out of stock, but after adjusting my order, everything was shipped the same day, no problems.

I will buy from them again without hesitation. Only thing I don't like is that they charge me sales tax

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I just ordered from Blue Sky

some items that no one else had and Blue Sky did have, for a great price and it said "in stock". 2 hours later I got an email saying my order had shipped! Not a bad experience! Not the same as having the items in my hand but much better than "back ordered, chump". And I've never had a bad experience ordering from them. In fact, I've never had a bad experience ordering from Price Point, Cambria, Jenson, Wheel World, Performance. Maybe just good luck.

Was that a Bobcat?
    I have had that happen to me a couple of times, too. However as soon as I received the email of the backorder status, I just called them up and cancelled without a problem. Not really a big enough problem to stop me from shopping there. They have some pretty good prices and the in-stock orders out weight my backorder status orders.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    i have purchased 2 things from them and both shipped next day and were perfect...i check there first for all of my orders.

bi-winning
    My only order was backordered despite being "in stock." i chose to wait it out, and after a long wait, i got what i ordered.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Same here! 2 out of my 3 orders through BlueSkyCycling.com have been backordered despite being "in stock" at the time of purchase.

The first time I ordered from them (a wheel set) it was shipped the same day and I could not have asked for a better price. However, the next two times were a totally different story. Still the same great price on the next two orders (of course this is the main reason for ordering from them) but both ended up backordered.

On my second order (a saddle for myself) I had no problem waiting because the price was so good (even though each week I was told it would only be a couple more days) but it took about a month to finally get to me.

The third, and final, order (RS fork) was placed in the middle of November as a Christmas present for my wife and began the same as the second ("in stock" at the time of purchase but backordered a few hours later). Again an unbeatable price, so I was inclined to stick it out a couple of weeks (besides, they claim that my credit card would not be charged until the order was filled), but after being assured at least 4 times it would be in stock again in a couple of days, Christmas was quickly approaching. So, I canceled my unfilled order the week before Christmas and ordered the same fork through Cambria (which arrived the same week,,, thank god, my wife would have killed me). After waiting 5 weeks and having to cancel my order at the last minute I thought it was over until I got my CC bill and noticed 3 small random charges (totaling around $20) by BlueSkyCycling.com at various times during the 5 week debacle. What the hell is this? Did they think I wouldn’t notice? Seems like an awfully good way to scam some money! Anyway, I will not EVER order from them again no matter how great the price and would not recommend them to anyone…

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    BTW, this was the reason I came to the forum today was to tell this very story and someone had already beaten me to the puch. Certainly shows I'm not the only one that has had this problem with them...

SuperInstigator

Trust me...

Don't order from Bluesky. Try rscycle, JensonUSA, Pricepoint, etc. I have had bad experience with bluesky too, if you want me to tell you what happened then I will
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Bummer. Sorry to all of you folks that had a bad experience. For what it's worth, I've placed several orders (4) and have not had a problem with any of them.... Good experiences all.

cheers,

simp

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

me too

Quote Originally Posted by simplton
    Bummer. Sorry to all of you folks that had a bad experience. For what it's worth, I've placed several orders (4) and have not had a problem with any of them.... Good experiences all.

cheers,

simp
    The problem here is that someone might have had what they feel to be a bad experience, they post here negatively, and anyone checking out this thread is going to read about the bad stuff and probably not enough of the folks who have NOT had bad experiences with this store don't post, it kind of skews the balance towards... that store sucks. I've already said I've had no bad experiences whatsoever with Blue Sky and I would hope anyone checking out this thread would buy from them with confidence. And, no, I don't work for them. I'm just glad they're online because of all the great deals I've gotten.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tibug
    Don't order from Bluesky. Try rscycle, JensonUSA, Pricepoint, etc. I have had bad experience with bluesky too, if you want me to tell you what happened then I will
    I'm interested. EvanSpikes is the only real unfortunate experience that I have read that is not related to items being in stock, or taking long times to re-stock.

It seems that 99% of the problems happen to people that order online without checking the stock over the phone. True, they shouldnt have to do that, but if they have read any of several bluesky threads, they would know that its a problem there. If they read previous threads, and still take the chance, then its partially on them too. The the unauthorized CC charges happen to several people, then I might reconsider, but like many people, I have only had good experiences.

If an Item is not in stock, I don't order it, regardless of how soon they say it will come in.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    The problem here is that someone might have had what they feel to be a bad experience, they post here negatively, and anyone checking out this thread is going to read about the bad stuff and probably not enough of the folks who have NOT had bad experiences with this store don't post, it kind of skews the balance towards... that store sucks. I've already said I've had no bad experiences whatsoever with Blue Sky and I would hope anyone checking out this thread would buy from them with confidence. And, no, I don't work for them. I'm just glad they're online because of all the great deals I've gotten.

Couldn't agree with you more. And I think that holds true for product or store review forums in general. More posts about problems than praises...

cheers,

simp

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by simplton
    Couldn't agree with you more. And I think that holds true for product or store review forums in general. More posts about problems than praises...

cheers,

simp
    well, this should not be a surprising result. people post about their buying experiences when they have information that they feel others should be aware of.

if i go an order some salsa skewers on jenson.com, and i get them in a few days, that is not a big deal to most people, and therefore no mtbr thread dedicated to this hypothetical scenario.

recently, there was a post inquiring about pricepoint's credibility. the majority of results were positive. this goes to show, that if people ask on the forum, other members are willing to share their positive feedback.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah
    I'm interested. EvanSpikes is the only real unfortunate experience that I have read that is not related to items being in stock, or taking long times to re-stock.

It seems that 99% of the problems happen to people that order online without checking the stock over the phone. True, they shouldnt have to do that, but if they have read any of several bluesky threads, they would know that its a problem there. If they read previous threads, and still take the chance, then its partially on them too. The the unauthorized CC charges happen to several people, then I might reconsider, but like many people, I have only had good experiences.

If an Item is not in stock, I don't order it, regardless of how soon they say it will come in.
    My order doesn't have anything to do with being in stock or not. It actually probably isn't that big a deal for most people, but it is for me. You see, I, as everyone seems to be, was impressed with their big inventory, great prices, and low shipping prices. I had just purchased a Sette Reken hardtail frame, and I was purchasing everything but the crankset and a few other things. My order was about 650$ including shipping. So I pressed confirm, as I let out my breath that I had been holding in waiting for something unexpected and unwanted to happen. A day or so later, I recieved an email informing me that the stated, and very good price of 20.00$ for shipping was not the real shipping charge. In fact, the one they told me now was 3 times that much. Ratfarts, I knew it was too good to be true. So in one last attempt to preserve the euphoria of such a good deal, I sent them an email back saying basically 'NO, I ALREADY CONFRMED THE ORDER. JUST BECAUSE OF YOUR MISTAKE ON YOUR WEBSITE OR WHATEVER, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY!' I thought for sure they would say you're right, our mistake. But Blueskycycling sent me an email back saying sorry, but since they had to put my large order on three different trucks, the shipping was going to be 60$. I most likely would have accepted this price if they had stated it on the checkout page, but they didn't. So I canceled and bought from JensonUSA and got a better deal. By the way, Bluesky's only indication of expensive shipping charges was on their website which I did check before I ordered. I anticipated higher charges, but on the checkout page it said 20$, with no other extra charges.

Tim

p.s. I think blusky is better for small orders than large ones. I actually might order from them again sometime. Hopefully I just got a bad egg

mtbr member

As for positive feedback on Bluesky...

I screwed up an order once. I didn't notice it until after the order had already shipped. I switched the addresses for my billing and shipping addresses (yes they are different). I called up their customer service and they were able to contact UPS to get the order fixed within a couple of hours.

Jenson customer services sucks. They screwed up my order once and the response was "Honey you need to adjust the screen on your computer because I'm not seeing that color."

I no longer shop at Jenson.

mtbr member
    That's really unfortunate about Bluesky. Are their prices that much better than say... Cambria ?

Late last year, I bought a Raceface Next riser bar from Cambria when I was told it was out of stock. I was in no rush so I told them I could wait.

It arrived a few weeks later and to my surprise, they even gave me a 20% discount on the riser bar. They were having their xmas specials around that time (15% and then 20% off) so they decided to give me the better of the two on my order even though the specials lasted 24hrs.

SuperInstigator

Well I guess they both have their faults...

Neither one is perfect, I guess you get low prices in exchange for customer service and politeness.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I agree with you tibug

Quote Originally Posted by tibug
    Neither one is perfect, I guess you get low prices in exchange for customer service and politeness.
    If you had clicked confirm payment then they called back and said, well here's the real price because it has to go out on three trucks--that sucks. I never had that happen to me at Blue Sky but the fact an order has to be shipped in two or three shipments because of product availability has happened to me at other online stores but they've always gone out of their way to tell me that it wouldn't affect my overall shipping charges. Maybe Blue Sky has seen the error of their ways concerning transactions such as yours and don't do that anymore, maybe not. For a $650 order you'd think they'd have tried harder to keep you as a customer.

And you're also probably right about small orders from Blue Sky because mine have all been around $100 with no problems.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah

The the unauthorized CC charges happen to several people, then I might reconsider, but like many people, I have only had good experiences.
    I agree with these statements. I was willing to buy from BlueSky again even after one round of "in-stock" yet backordered item (mainly due to their good prices). This dilemma is a little annoying but with the good prices they offer, I can see ordering from there if it's just a waiting game.

However, I never even received any explanation as to what the unauthorized charges on my CC were and how they got there (BTW I did get the money back). As I previously mentioned, they were completely random charges (did not match any of the items purchased, time of purchase or cancellation) that just showed up 3 times in the 5 week waiting period. I don't see anyway this could happen without a person physically making the charges to my CC without permission or reason. For this reason in particular, I would not recommend them to anyone!