Linoleum Knife

FINALLY! 20% off Performance

For those of you that have been making a list for the last 9 months waiting on a Performance 20% coupon, today is your lucky day

Orders over $100

Exp 8/16

flow where ever you go
    edit out not needed
    Last edited by noshortcuts; 08-15-2006 at 05:48 PM.

kneecap
    Dec 2003

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    For those of you that have been making a list for the last 9 months waiting on a Performance 20% coupon, today is your lucky day

Orders over $100

Exp 8/16
    Glad you could find some stuff there you want.
    I'm rather disapointed with performance lately. Seems once they took over supergo & sold out that stock the only stuff they stock now is their in house line. Kinda poor quality IMO. Jenson has much better pricing overall. I'll probably not renew my membership next year.
    Not dissing you, I'm just disapointed.......

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by kneecap
    Glad you could find some stuff there you want.
    I'm rather disapointed with performance lately. Seems once they took over supergo & sold out that stock the only stuff they stock now is their in house line. Kinda poor quality IMO. Jenson has much better pricing overall. I'll probably not renew my membership next year.
    Not dissing you, I'm just disapointed.......
    I agree.

But, Performace and the 20% coupons are excellent for those items that never go on sale anywhere. Wheelsets, controls, etc. If you've got something specific that you want, and are willing to deal with the hassles, they can definitely be handy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Im not so pumped about performance either. I just placed an order the other day with the 20% coupon and the 99 cent shipping promo with a couple items price matched. I just got an email today that they can only do one promotion at a time. the last order I placed with them was in July, and I got free shipping, 10% off, and items price matched. So I know damned well that they can do it. I emailed back, but we'll see what happens.

If They arent willing to honor their promotions, Im gonna be pretty pissed off. I'll Cash out my points, and take my business elsewhere. They really dont have that great of a selection or prices anyway.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ordered Friday night and got my stuff today. Can't really complain with a turnover like that.

mtbr member
    I ordered last night ($320 after 20%). They took the .99 shipping as well, but my order has not been processed yet so we shall see on that. I did order the Ultimate Elite STand so I did have to pay $7 for oversized shipping, which is understandable.

I ordered somethings from performance this summer and have been surprised at their service. Producted delivered in 2 days and my return was processed without any hassel.

The thing with Performance is that you have to watch their prices daily. I had my items in my cart for four days (as I continued shopping) the price on my shorts were on sale, the next day it was higher, the following day on sale again, but lower than my original on sale price. There are great deals at Performance sometimes and other times they price themselves out of the market.

Oh, on my order I'm asking them to match a WTB Rocket SLT Saddle. They have it at $89, which after 20% is $71. Well I found the saddle on some site for $67.77. I asked them to match with 20% off. It comes down to a $17 difference, but heh, why spend $17 if I don't have too.

We shall see how this whole thing comes together.

mtbr member

No good Performance R Monkeys

Performance is run by monkeys: I wanted to price match Chain Reaction Cycles SIDI Dom 5's $175, and they gave me a huge time wasting hassle of a runaround. I was told eventually, that the "reality" is they only do 1 discount at at time. Meaning if you want ot price match, all coupons go out the window. Also was told this goes on my permanent record as to having been informed of this, and I cant do it again. Though it did go through for me as they couldnt find this "policy" written anywhere. There also was another hassle in that they couldnt understand how to work the web and check the price match! I've had to tell them (monkeys) how to start the web from Windows once before! @#&$

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedaler845
    .... Also was told this goes on my permanent record ....

OMG! I haven't had anything go on my permanent record since high school.

mtbr member
    Coupon don't work .... 11:30 pm here in CA.... WTF!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbjtd
    Coupon don't work .... 11:30 pm here in CA.... WTF!
    I used it this afternoon and it worked fine (the coupon code got mailed out at least a week ago, and I'm surprised it took so long to get posted).

They're probably using EST (North Carolina?) for their time. My mortgage holder and credit card companies do the same thing, which has screwed me more than once on getting a payment in at the last minute. If you call them in the morning, I'd guess they'd retroactively apply the credit to an order.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaggydog
    OMG! I haven't had anything go on my permanent record since high school.
    haha yea thats about as ghey as it gets. F those stooges

mtbr member
    Well I called PB on my order, which after 2 days was still not processed. The reason being is that the Ultimate Elite stand is on backorder and they were waiting to hear from me if I wanted to proceed. That doesn't make sense to me since I did not recieve any communication on that. The Rep didn't really understand it either.

The Rep was VERY helpful and friendly. She went thru my order. She did tell me that I can't do a price match on the Rocket V saddle, get .99 shipping and 20% off. I guess I don't blame them on that so I'm not holding that against them.

I also wanted to ADD a few things to my order, which I tried to do last night but they were closed. So I emailed them the items lastnight when the coupon was still valid. However, that was a no-go on their part. Little dissapointed in that, however they did give me .99 shipping. One item was the Blackburn 4.0 computer, so it would have been nice to get 20% off that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppie58
    Well I called PB on my order, which after 2 days was still not processed. The reason being is that the Ultimate Elite stand is on backorder and they were waiting to hear from me if I wanted to proceed. That doesn't make sense to me since I did not recieve any communication on that. The Rep didn't really understand it either.
    Were there other things in your order that were not back-ordered? I've got a mix of items and am waiting to see if they'll split the shipment or hold it until everything is available.

mtbr member
    No they weren't that is why I'm not sure why they didn't ship it. She said they were going to now and then ship the stand when it comes in. I would lob a call into them if you online status hasn't changed.

FYI: Those Ulitmate stands are a hot item. Hard to find them in stock.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    My shipment came split but the item that didn't come was listed as Out of Stock when I placed the order. It would make sense that if you order an item listed as Out of Stock, they will ship it when it arrives whereas if you order something listed as In Stock and it happens to be out, then they will contact you to see if you want to wait or not.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=7]Its turned out the monkeys dont price match Chain Reaction![/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin6s
    My shipment came split but the item that didn't come was listed as Out of Stock when I placed the order. It would make sense that if you order an item listed as Out of Stock, they will ship it when it arrives whereas if you order something listed as In Stock and it happens to be out, then they will contact you to see if you want to wait or not.
    Both the repair stand and power bars were listed as 'in stock', however were in fact out of stock. Thus they were waiting to hear from me. The only reason I knew was because I called them.

Its been a little frustrating since I had to call a 2nd time to get my order released. The first lady took a 2nd order from me, then released the previous order. After two days, I called and was told that the 2nd order was shipped however the previous order (with the back order stuff) was still pending my decision. UGH. I received shipping notification today so its on its way (except backorder stuff).

Do I need to call to remind them about the backorder or do they process that automatically?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Backorders are a little finnicky. At the very least a customer should be alerted to a backorder but the timeframe is debateable. Ideally its best to know immediately so if anything is of urgence you can source it from someone else. For me, if I'm alerted within 48 hours of the original purchase, its ok to me. However some want to know immediately. It all varies from person to person.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppie58
    Both the repair stand and power bars were listed as 'in stock', however were in fact out of stock. Thus they were waiting to hear from me. The only reason I knew was because I called them.
    I ordered a few things last week, half that were on backorder (avail 9/1) and half that were in stock. I've been waiting to see how Performance would handle it, so hadn't called. I've never have any luck checking the online status of orders, and think it is because my zip code in the system is 5+4, but the status form only allows 5 digits.

On Monday I got a ship notification with two SmartPost tracking numbers. All the items that were originally available were tied to the first tracking number, and one item that had been backordered until 9/1 was shown with the second tracking number. The two other 9/1 backordered items were still listed as backordered.

I can understand peoples complaints about ground shipping times now ... I ordered on 8/16, and as of this morning (8/22) they're just leaving Martinsburg, WV. I've always paid up for 2nd day, but this order had an oversized item that would have been too costly to ship that way.