• 11-29-2012
    rugbyred
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    What I don't get is why can someone in Florida get this for free shipping and I have to pay $15 to have it jump across the ferry to Vancover island plus possibly duty if they use ups:/

    Anytime I order something to Canada, we get the shaft with shipping costs.
    I discovered a drop shipment place in the US that is an hour away which I use regularly when ordering enough stuff to make it worth while. I also end up filling up the car with gas so I win again.

    Eric
  • 11-29-2012
    rugbyred
    I was greedy and ordered three 35mm bars to only be told that they had sold out of them and I was only able to get one. I placed my order at 6:43am eastern. Kinda bummed as I wanted to put these on two bikes. Back to the drawing board.

    Eric
  • 11-29-2012
    Mishtar
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rugbyred View Post
    I was greedy and ordered three 35mm bars to only be told that they had sold out of them and I was only able to get one. I placed my order at 6:43am eastern. Kinda bummed as I wanted to put these on two bikes. Back to the drawing board.

    Eric

    Call them, they may have a deal for you on a different Carbon Bar for the same price.......not 35mm though.
  • 11-29-2012
    Mishtar
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rugbyred View Post
    Anytime I order something to Canada, we get the shaft with shipping costs.
    I discovered a drop shipment place in the US that is an hour away which I use regularly when ordering enough stuff to make it worth while. I also end up filling up the car with gas so I win again.

    Eric

    I would love to do this but being stuck on an Island means it would cost $150 just for the ferry roundtrip=/
  • 11-29-2012
    rugbyred
    Not really worth the trip then!
    You should look into where you would be able to clear your shipments yourself (airport, port). I have done that once at the airport when UPS wanted to charge me $30ish brokerage fee for an $80. I picked up the packing slip from UPS and brought to the airport and cleared it myself.
    UPS then brings it to you at the address you specified and you show them the stamped receipt from Custom's Canada.

    Eric
  • 11-29-2012
    Mishtar
    Ok so when they come to my house I say I will not accept it then go to customs to clear it? Is this what you mean? Can send a PM if you want so we do not clutter up this awesome thread!
  • 11-29-2012
    rugbyred
    Mishtar,
    PM has been sent.
  • 11-29-2012
    rugbyred
    My greed has been rewarded, well sort of.
    An awesome employee who I have dealt with before concerning a frame, contacted me with a possible solution.
    Well done to Fanatik and their employees.

    Eric
  • 11-29-2012
    kragu
    Got my Deitys from day 4 in the mail today. Installed and ready to ride, but for the rain...
  • 11-29-2012
    bog
    Not to steal the thunder from Fanatik on this one because I love their shop but Cove did the carbon 35 bar and 35 stem for me for a smokin deal. Can't say how much but it was ridiculous!
  • 11-29-2012
    Mishtar
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bog View Post
    Not to steal the thunder from Fanatik on this one because I love their shop but Cove did the carbon 35 bar and 35 stem for me for a smokin deal. Can't say how much but it was ridiculous!

    I bought my Dh bike from Cove, they did right by me as well but no online store and it is hard to get over to them. Fanatik has a great online sotre and every time I have called the guys have been super helpful.
  • 12-09-2012
    eugenemtbing
    Hubs 30 percent off today. Limited selection. I got a couple CK's at good prices.
  • 12-09-2012
    framed
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by eugenemtbing View Post
    Hubs 30 percent off today. Limited selection. I got a couple CK's at good prices.

    It says "All MTB Hubs - 30% off" but it won't let you use the code on a hub that is already on sale. I wanted to pick up a rear Hope Pro 2. I've e-mailed them so we'll see what they say.
  • 12-09-2012
    Slow Danger
    Did anyone else notice that they upped the prices on King hubs for the sale? Not that they still aren't a good deal. Just not a great deal.
  • 12-10-2012
    NslrPrtn
    I got a set of Hopes (15 / 12x142) somewhere else for less...
  • 12-10-2012
    sandiegobiker
    got some CK Hubs too and a cassette the other day.
  • 12-10-2012
    mgv101
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin View Post
    Did anyone else notice that they upped the prices on King hubs for the sale? Not that they still aren't a good deal. Just not a great deal.

    Been eyeing the hub since the first day of the deal so yes I surely did notice their price being jacked up a few days before the hubs go on sale. Kindna felt disappointed but still a good deal though and I ended up getting a pair of King Hubs from them.

    Anyway, I have always loved the service from Fanatik. Have contacted them numerous times and made a couple of online purchases from them before. Their sales guy Jadyn had always been extremely helpful!
  • 12-10-2012
    FanatikBike.com
    Thanks to all for a very successful sale! We hope to work with you all again in the future. Keep an eye out for our big new powerful website coming this Spring!
  • 12-10-2012
    eugenemtbing
    Got a CK 15mm front hub and CK 10x135 rear hub, all for about $450. I will have Steve at SRLPE turn them into 29er wheels with WTB Frequency i23 rims and Stan's tape.

    BTW -- Steve is a fantastic wheel builder. Very experienced and charges really reasonable prices. This will be my fourth set built by him. Just FYI, if anyone is looking for a good wheel builder.
  • 12-10-2012
    Mishtar
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by FanatikBike.com View Post
    Thanks to all for a very successful sale! We hope to work with you all again in the future. Keep an eye out for our big new powerful website coming this Spring!

    Thank you for the deals!

    From looking at my tracking number my Parcel to Canada went from Belingham to San Francisco first which took 4 days then to Vancouver another 4 days and now it is in Victoria 12 days later.....There has to be a better way to ship something, the site mentioned 1-5 days shipping for Canada. Why would it go all the way down to San Fran? 4 of those 12 days were weekends though. I am hoping I will get it today.
  • 12-10-2012
    FanatikBike.com
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Thank you for the deals!

    From looking at my tracking number my Parcel to Canada went from Belingham to San Francisco first which took 4 days then to Vancouver another 4 days and now it is in Victoria 12 days later.....There has to be a better way to ship something, the site mentioned 1-5 days shipping for Canada. Why would it go all the way down to San Fran? 4 of those 12 days were weekends though. I am hoping I will get it today.

    Ugghhhhh...Postal Service at it's best...Unfortunately they do things totally backwards sometimes. I've had Victoria packages go clear to the east coast, then all they way back and up to Victoria. Seems like some streamlining would do the USPS some good...Anyhow, our current site doesn't allow us to differentiate shipping lead times between FedEx and USPS going to Canada. One of the many things are new site will handle MUCH better! Thanks for staying patient with us in the meantime!