mtbr member
    Sep 2006

F/S jumping Band for the Buck

I just got out of motocross recently and was looking to buy the best bang for the buck full suspension bike. I am new to f/s moutain biking but have messed around on small jumps with my hardtail and bmx bike. I have a budget of about $700.

I am going to do a lot of jumping and drops. I will be starting out small but i will most likely quickly progress into 4-5 feet of air on landings and flat ground ( i am used to jumping 15+ feet on a dirt bike, so i will probably progress into bigger air very fast)

I have been looking around online at bike prices and reading reviews. The first option i found was the Ibex Ignition 2 but later on i found the Iron Horse Yazuka Aniki which i think will be better for jumping sincce it is a freeride bike. I have read in many places that the Ignition 2 requires almost constant adjustments/maintenance and i am relatively new to the mechanics of a mountain bike.

Basically i am looking for a good, solid jumping f/s bike less that $700. I do realize that i will be getting low end components but thats fine since i am looking for the best jumping components under $700. Also i would like to have a bike that is easily upgradeable to say better, longer shocks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

1 more thing that i forgot:

I am 16 and 5'10" 150 lbs.

Just so you know for shock stiffness and any other reasons.

Bike Whore
    Mar 2004
    The Yakuza Aniki is your best bang for the buck IMO.

At $669, it's a legit basic freeride bike. Adrenaline sells that frame only for $599, so another $70 and you get a whole bike is good deal.

The Ibex Ignition is a XC/trail bike, so I'd pass on that.
    I'm an Inbred...29er that is.