mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Extra $20 off $75 order at Performance Bike in-store only

They're having a big sale and unlike most of their "sales" there are quite a few items discounted heavily. Here's a coupon for an additional $20 off if you buy in store (only) for $75 or more. Just found this. Would've been nice for my $92 purchase earlier today. Oh well, they got me, I'm going back for more on-bike food.

Coupons

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    [QUOTE=danK;10414541]They're having a big sale and unlike most of their "sales" there are quite a few items discounted heavily. Here's a coupon for an additional $20 off if you buy in store (only) for $75 or more. Just found this. Would've been nice for my $92 purchase earlier today. Oh well, they got me, I'm going back for more on-bike food.

go on back and see if they will honor your coupon...I've found the performance salespeople will usually work with a customer...who knows, they might let you have the discount..it's worth a try

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008

Extra $20 off $75 order at Performance Bike in-store only

No go on double dipping the coupon and price matching their website price of 89.99 for an xt cassette. He'd either give me 20% off plus pm or 20% plus coupon. Came out to $68 plus tax. Good price but I passed as I can get it from the eu or ebay for the same and I don't need a cassette today. May try a different performance.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thanks for relaying this danK.

I put this to good use. If you stick to things they are already discounting, and are careful to keep the total barely more than $75, you can get some ridiculous deals. Especially on random clearance items that are unpredictable, but inevitably in most stores.

Examples from my spree today:

XT SL-M780 shifter set for < $42 (matched the $69 from their own website, plus 20% discount for components during the sale, then get another ~ 25% from the $20 off $75). This is insane. I think their first mistake is marking the levers at a regular price of $79, which would logically be the single shifter price, but the clerk applied it to the pair without any input from me. Every local shop had one set of these, but I played nice and only bought one.

Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2 for $24. The lowest end folding model (no reinforced sidewalls). (normal $59, on clearance for $40, then 20% off tires, then $25 off $75.)

Forte carbon riser bar $17 (on a clearance table, originally $89, reduced to $29, then 20% off for components, then the ~ 25% from the $20 off $75). 680mm so short by some standards, but still . . .

Powerbar Perform drink mix < $7.50 per 2 pound container. (Its a $9.99 "doorbuster" but the $20 off $75 still applies). This is approaching the price of powdered Gatorade in the grocery store. I bought a LOT of these. I really like the Powerbar drink mix.

Powerbar gels also a good value, at ~$11 for 24. ($14.99 doorbuster + $20 off $75).

Unlike hkenshin, I had no problem, at multiple store locations, applying the $20 off on top of the category discounts, even if they were also matching the Performance website price. I also politely asked at multiple stores if they were "picky" about the one time use on the $20 off $75, and in two cases, the clerks happily let me use it twice.

Like hkenshin, I did the math on cassettes, chains, etc. But the best case prices were right about where EU options like bike-components.de are at, and I didn't need them urgently, so I passed.

I'm set for hydration and food for the rest of the season!

mtbr member
    I used the coupon yesterday @ my local Performance. I bought a Osprey Raptor 14 for $69.00 not including tax! I'm seriously stoked...I've been using a Camelbak Havoc since 2005. After having so many problems with the crappy lid that is almost impossible to remove w/o a tool, the Osprey is so nice. Thanks for posting the coupon!

mtbr member
    The local mike bike turned into a specialized only store. The only things they have non specialized are leftovers and stuff that specialized does not do, like bars and magazines.