mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Good job! Excellent experience with Greyville Enterprises

I cut my steerer tube a little bit too short recently and obviously felt quite dissapointed in myself as I knew full well that cutting too short is a bad thing. After I beat myself up mentally I managed to get on with trying to find a solution - so off to windwave I went (they're in south england) so they could press out the short tube and replace with a new one - they're cheap and very friendly, but unfortunately I have a splined and bonded tube (cheaper shock) which means the fix (new crown etc) would be about the same price as the forks were anyway (I got them for 150 in a sale reduced from 220).

So! As you can imagine this was disappointing news, I knew not to weld them back on and with the steerer tube only going halfway into the stem I wouldn't trust it enough to ride hard. Accepting the financial loss was too much for me so I kept on searching and discovered Greyville Enterprises who are a wholesaler based in Staffs, gave them a bell and the (very friendly) chap who answered the phone knew exactly what I'd done, knew which part to supply (a steer tube extender) and kept stock too - and further more, it was only 15 including postage!

I have to let you guys know about these guys because having dealt with most other traders, they are head and shoulders above the rest in all senses. Hopefully people will read this and take note, especially if they've cut their steerer tube too short which is a really horrible thing to do - THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR YOU PEOPLE

EDIT - I should probably give you some details shouldn't I?

GREYVILLE ENTERPRISES
    TEL: 01543 251 328
    Last edited by sibbers; 05-01-2008 at 05:13 AM.