Thread: Excel Sports?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Excel Sports?

Do they ever offer any discount code? Looking to buy a wheel and hoping there is code out there somewhere.

mtbr member
    Not sure about a code, but I've had them match price or discount if you ask. Can't hurt to ask, eh?

Schmed
    2001 Turner O2 XC
    2012 IndyFab Planet Cross CX
    2013 Kona Raijin SS

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by schmed View Post
    Not sure about a code, but I've had them match price or discount if you ask. Can't hurt to ask, eh?
    I did ask. They won't discount any further on a powertap. I think I'm just going to buy it.

mtbr member
    I've never seen a code from them. They didn't even start listing sale items on their web page until fairly recently.

mtbr member

Excel Sports?

They have always had a sale page but it was a text only list that was tough to casually browse. You needed trigger words to skim it or it was like reading Moby Dick.

That said I bought a custom wheel set from them that was to date the best, most trouble free wheel set I've ever had. It was spec'd well but the build really proved durable. I got the sense that they had good people building them.
    That is worth many% off.
    Hope yours is a similar experience.
    G

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_strom View Post
    They have always had a sale page but it was a text only list that was tough to casually browse. You needed trigger words to skim it or it was like reading Moby Dick.

That said I bought a custom wheel set from them that was to date the best, most trouble free wheel set I've ever had. It was spec'd well but the build really proved durable. I got the sense that they had good people building them.
    That is worth many% off.
    G
    They didn't discount any further off the Powertap so I bought. Arrived today and everything looks good so far. Seems like a solid build. Can wait to get it on the road.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_strom View Post

That is worth many% off.
    G
    I have to second this. I have a bomb proof set of DT Swiss rims on Campy Record hubs that I'd feel comfortable MTB racing on. They actually talked me out of a lighter rim and lower spoke count, and I couldn't be happier. 4 years old and still going strong.