Thread: Evans Cycles

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Evans Cycles

anyone deal with them before on warranty issue / customer services?
    I am having some issue and was wondering anyone had manage to talk to someone higher up than their standard replied.
    Took 2 week to replied to me regards my warranty despite many emails to them.. all i was get that someone is looking at it and will get back to me. and it was after 2 week later that I got an email to aplogise for the delay and for me to send them the product back to inspect
    The shipping cost already cost half the price that I pay for.. .to send back the parts would cost me 80 dollars.. and I paid 180 for the item.

Long story short. I email them for advise and if anyone could help me with this as this is getting too long.. and sending the items back cost too much. and all I got from them was that. I just have to wait till the warranty department get back to me and they cannot just prioritise certain customers.. ..
    Last edited by Jack Jack; 06-07-2013 at 10:35 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

word of warning about evans cycles

(this is a cross post from another thread about evans cycles - about to be replicated in all the forums around the world of which i am a member)

From evans cycles, I ordered what was supposedly a new crankset, and they sent me one that was definitely 2nd hand.

- beaten up packaging - with stickers half peeled off, and damage that looks like it happened some time other than during the trip it took to get to me (i.e. the big box that everything was in was not damaged). whoever packed that shimano box must've known it was 2nd hand. i threw the packaging away at the courier depot, so have no photos of it.

- evidence that a chain had actually run around the the chainrings - lube on the teeth, and some minor bits of paint missing on the back of the big chainring

- scratches on the chrome part of the drive side crank arm

see attached pics of the scratches and the chain lube on the chainring.

other retailers sometimes sell "demo"/"refurbished"/"cosmetic damage" stock, but they label it and price it accordingly.

i sent them an email 7 days ago, and another one 4 days ago. other than the automated "we got your email", they have not responded. dodgy. with no packaging, it looks like i returns are out of the question.

i am more concerned with functional aspects of a crankset (and it seems ok), but if i didn't care about bling/aesthetics, i would've bought xt. it perplexes me that they try to sell an xtr part that has obvious cosmetic damage - did they think the kind of buyer that pays the premium for that kind of gear wouldn't care?

bottom line: do not use evans cycles unless you are happy to risk getting a factory 2nd, 2nd hand, refurbished or damaged item, OR don't mind the hassle/delay/expense of sending it back.

Evans Cycles-imag0175%5B1%5D.jpgEvans Cycles-imag0177%5B1%5D.jpg