Ergon GR2

Looking for Ergon GR2 in small? Thanks!
    God Bless
    Critter Cameraman

Galatians 2:20*

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Critter Cameraman
    Looking for Ergon GR2 in small? Thanks!
    Try your LBS. Otherwise, there are a few folks online with them. Jenson USA has them in stock.

Here is a general Google Shopping search for the grip....

Jeff
    Ergon USA

GALATIANS 2:20
    Jun 2007
    Jeff Thanks!

Are the barends replaceable so when y'all make FULLSIZE BARENDS I can retrofit them?
    God Bless
    Critter Cameraman

GALATIANS 2:20
    Jun 2007
    Is there a gripshifter that works better with these grips or any to avoid?
    God Bless
    Critter Cameraman

Ergon Bike
    Are the barends replaceable so when y'all make FULLSIZE BARENDS I can retrofit them?
    At this time.....no. But we are working on something like this for either '08 or '09.

Jeff
    Ergon USA

Ergon Bike
    Is there a gripshifter that works better with these grips or any to avoid?
    We make a gripshift specific grips to work with all "twsity" type shifters. Shifter choice is up to you. I have seen people use SRAM X0 and many recreational folk use the low end shifters with our grips on hybrid and comfort bikes.

Jeff
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Are these worth the $48 shipped tag?

Hello there,

I am new to biking, but I know i need grips with better.. well grip, and comfort, not to mention different hand positions sometimes. These GR2's have longer ends than the GC2? If so, by how much? Do you have a rebuttal (sp) for owners who say these are hard to tweak for true comfort, and also who say it is easy to lose grip on them when doing technical terrain?

Sorry, I don't mean fro this post to be a flame, I just like to make informed decisions before I spend my money. Thanks, Levon

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by levonius
    These GR2's have longer ends than the GC2? If so, by how much?
    Yes, the GR2's have a longer magnesium barend versus the shorter aluminum barend found on the GC2. The GR2 barend is a 3 finger barend, meaning it's long enough to grab with pretty much your entire hand (see photo). On the other hand, the GC2 is shorter and has a sharper bend. It is good to grasp with 2 fingers. This small barend allows for the rider to switch up their hand positions.

Quote Originally Posted by levonius
    Do you have a rebuttal (sp) for owners who say these are hard to tweak for true comfort, and also who say it is easy to lose grip on them when doing technical terrain?
    I have folks who say they take a while to get dialed in. Bike geometry and riding styles will dictate optimum angle. As far as technical terrain goes....I thinkg everyone has their own take. Personally, I don't find it an issue. Either does the 2007 World Champion or the 2007 24 Hours Solo female National Champion. Once again, it comes down to finding the "sweet spot" and getting the right grip for your riding. If you ride technical terrain...get the smaller diameter grip.

Jeff
    Ergon USA

Members who have read this thread: 0