In dog years, I'm dead.

Egg Beater C for $49.98 at Performance

Egg Beater C for $49.98 at Performance - and members get free shipping today. Is the 10% coupon code good for an additional discount, or does that only apply to regularly priced merchandise? Either way, its a great price. I already bought mine elsewhere last month, so I've missed out. I didn't even see a price this low on eBay (for new ones).
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by burtronix
    Egg Beater C for $49.98 at Performance - and members get free shipping today. Is the 10% coupon code good for an additional discount, or does that only apply to regularly priced merchandise? Either way, its a great price. I already bought mine elsewhere last month, so I've missed out. I didn't even see a price this low on eBay (for new ones).
    I've seen these on sale before- are they the ones with the blue spindle? I've never bought them because I didn't know if the spindles were strong enough.

I've used regular Eggs before, and bent spindles on the older models, but the newer ones I haven't had a problem with.

Just wondering...

fp

Edit: They're not getting very good reviews.
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 03-09-2007 at 10:23 AM.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

In dog years, I'm dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    I've seen these on sale before- are they the ones with the blue spindle? I've never bought them because I didn't know if the spindles were strong enough.

I've used regular Eggs before, and bent spindles on the older models, but the newer ones I haven't had a problem with.

Just wondering...

fp

Edit: They're not getting very good reviews.
    They are the blue spindle. The reviews don't differentiate spindle color or model year. I wouldn't think the different colored spindles should be any more or less durable - as long as they are still the "C" model. The "C" is durable enough for my weight, terain, & riding style. The "S" & "Ti" are diffinitely more durable, but "S" is almost 2x the cost & "Ti" is about 4x.

I just bought the "C"s & haven't ridden them yet. They are my 1st clipless pedals. I have a friend with "C"s & he's had them a few years with no problems. My weight, terain, & riding style is pretty close to his. I think "C"s should be good enough. I'd definitely stay away from the new MXR models - stamped components instead of forged.
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The sale catalog has them on sale for $44.98. That means right now if you are a team performance member, you can get 10% off plus 10% team points plus free 2 day shipping! FYI, keep an eye out on Sierra Trading Post as they get the SS version for $59.99 minus 20% off codes.