Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ebay: Bargainland - stolen frame

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  bigduddy 
#1 ·
Just a heads up for anybody considering buying from ebay seller bargainland.

They are currently listing a Lynskey custom titanium frame. The tem number is 170067716430. I've talked to Lynskey and the frame is indeed stolen. How Bargainland acquired it, I don't know. They may not know it's stolen.

Anyhow, stay clear of the listing, and I'd suggest staying clear of bargainland.

#4 ·
I contacted Lynskey to find out more about the frame. They informed me that it was stolen. I didn't think it made sense for a new custom frame to be part of a liquidation sale. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure Lynskey was the high bidder on the auction.

I'm not sure if they knew or not, but I do know that they were made aware before the auction ended, and didn't do anything to shut it down.

#7 ·
And if Wal-mart has an 89% feedback on ebay (where I can't walk into their store and examine their products in person), you can bet I wouldn't buy from them too. Doesn't matter if bargainland has 180,000 feedbacks, 180 feedbacks, or 1.8 million. Take a look at the RATIO of bad feedbacks compared to their total - it's awful. 89% is 89%, no matter how it's looked at. I know other ebayers who have thousands of sales and their feedbacks are in the 99%.

#8 ·
Your right, a 89% positive feedback rating is low compared to other sellers. If you wouldn't buy from someone with that rating that's your right. I probably wouldn't feel comfortable either. But the 163,000 people that had postive experiences didn't seem to mind. This ebay seller isn't your average seller selling crap from his garage that he doesnt need anymore. This is probably a ebay "sweat shop" blowing through closeout goods at high volume/efficiency. I'm sure they don't answer to questions to potential buyers. You take it for what it is...

#9 ·
Sight... I bought a crankset from Bargainland, and it was descrbed as a "true All Mountain Crank Atlas". Well, I received the crankset last monday and found out it was a roadie crankset, Race Face Cadence. The thing is they sold 5 or 6 of them under the name of Atlas Mountain Bike Crankset. I emailed them to get an RA for refund on Monday night but haven't heard anything from them and I don't think I would ever. I plan to call my CC company in a few days.

#10 ·
my first rule when using Ebay is that the seller be a cyclist or someone in the business. this really makes a difference in my opinion. they're one of us. someone I know had an issue with them B'land) also but I truly believe they don't always know what they're selling.

their motto if still used was something like "where customer service is second to low prices". they were honest.

#11 ·
Anyone who buys from a store with 89% feedback deserves what they get.

Any reputable store will have a rating of 98-99%. 97% is marginal. Anything below that, stay away. I've never even seen a rating as low as 89%.

The reason for this is that people don't ever want to neg-rate a merchant, because the merchant will always neg-rate you in return. A single negative hurts you, the occasional buyer, a lot more than a big store getting many feedbacks each day.

#12 ·
El Caballo said:
Anyone who buys from a store with 89% feedback deserves what they get.

Any reputable store will have a rating of 98-99%. 97% is marginal. Anything below that, stay away. I've never even seen a rating as low as 89%.

The reason for this is that people don't ever want to neg-rate a merchant, because the merchant will always neg-rate you in return. A single negative hurts you, the occasional buyer, a lot more than a big store getting many feedbacks each day.
Dead nuts observation el Caballo. I have not even seen ratings that low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.