DFMBA.org

Easton EC70 carbon seatpost

Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBeing View Post
    They've had that for a while. It was possible to get it cheaper with the 15% off and free shipping they just had, and it was $30 earlier this year.

I picked it up earlier this year for $30, and I'm honestly pleasantly surprised with it.

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    Was in the market for a new seatpost and picked one up. Not as good as the $20 deal, but still plenty worth it! Thanks.

whatever she says gueuze.
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Total with CA tax and shipping was around $46. I guess I didn't know about the discount and free shipping window but it's still an awesome deal on a high end seatpost.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Easton posts and even stems are marginal. They do make good bars but I hate their seatposts.

mtbr member
    Its worth buying a couple of these at that price for future bikes lol
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by madsedan View Post
    Its worth buying a couple of these at that price for future bikes lol
    if you can successfully predict the size of seatposts on future bikes you have a better crystal ball than I do

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Ordered mine for the Fat Boy thanks to the heads up here. Got it Friday, installed it Saturday and road it today. Loved the ride today.

Bob

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    Easton posts and even stems are marginal. They do make good bars but I hate their seatposts.
    I've got one in 27.2 and it works great and holds my seat as expected. What is marginal? Do the stems blow?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    I've got one in 27.2 and it works great and holds my seat as expected. What is marginal? Do the stems blow?
    I've read multiple instances of stems blowing or slipping, but I am very tempted to think that it's due to people who are either significantly over-tightening their seatposts (without a torque wrench) or who are under-tightening and not using carbon assembly paste and have slippage as a result.

I think part of the issue is that when a carbon seatpost becomes cheap enough that people are buying their first carbon part and don't realize carbon is less forgiving of over-tightening, issues can occur.

With some carbon assembly paste and a cheap torque wrench, it's a cinch to install and it has worked very well for me both on some big bumps and some long rides, for whatever that's worth.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

My post is great, no torque wrench or paste was used in the install. I tightened very carefully and never sit when hitting anything with even a hint of rough stuff.

mtbr member
    Just ordered it! Should be here before Friday. We just got some rain, so hopefully it'll dry before I can ride!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    My post is great, no torque wrench or paste was used in the install. I tightened very carefully and never sit when hitting anything with even a hint of rough stuff.
    You have more restraint than me if you're going to keep avoiding the seat when you hit rough stuff.

I'd spend the money on assembly paste and a torque wrench. It's less than $20 for the two if you pick up the HF torque wrench on sale right now, and they're both good things to have in your bike tool kit. It's a much better use of $20 than buying a replacement aluminum seatpost because you hit an improperly installed seatpost hard while going through rough stuff.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Quote Originally Posted by peteer01 View Post
    You have more restraint than me if you're going to keep avoiding the seat when you hit rough stuff.

I'd spend the money on assembly paste and a torque wrench. It's less than $20 for the two if you pick up the HF torque wrench on sale right now, and they're both good things to have in your bike tool kit. It's a much better use of $20 than buying a replacement aluminum seatpost because you hit an improperly installed seatpost hard while going through rough stuff.
    My seatpost is installed correctly, but on a rigid single speed you get used to standing a lot - it's the proper form for this tool.