Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ouch....

Easton EC70 Carbon bars

Riding.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    If you can live with the high rise version, Pricepoint has them at $59 with the advantage of free shipping rather than the punitive $9.25 that Bluesky charges to ship these bars.

Easton EC70 XC Riser Bar 2013 | Easton | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

But in either case, you'll need to live with 685mm length, which is pretty short by today's standards. Unfortunately, adding another 35mm of length will cost you an extra $40+

ouch....
    Ahh...nice find!
    I missed that one on my search this morning...ooh well
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Easton EC70 Carbon bars

Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    If you can live with the high rise version, Pricepoint has them at $59 with the advantage of free shipping rather than the punitive $9.25 that Bluesky charges to ship these bars.

But in either case, you'll need to live with 685mm length, which is pretty short by today's standards. Unfortunately, adding another 35mm of length will cost you an extra $40+
    I'd settle for an extra $40. Any deals you know of on longer carbon bars? I'm considering the enve riser or Easton haven carbon but I'm not stuck on those, they just seem to be the more popular options. I'm only 5'8" and happy with my 710mm now, but it's aluminum, so I don't need anything too long. Or at least I don't think I need it.... Yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Damn, just paid 30 for an alloy bar on ebay, would have paid the extra for one of these.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brimorga View Post
    I'd settle for an extra $40. Any deals you know of on longer carbon bars? I'm considering the enve riser or Easton haven carbon but I'm not stuck on those, they just seem to be the more popular options. I'm only 5'8" and happy with my 710mm now, but it's aluminum, so I don't need anything too long. Or at least I don't think I need it.... Yet.
    Yep, I can't live with 685mm any more. I'm running 740mm alloy bars on my "burly" bike, and I just put 720mm bars on my marathon bike. I was able to get the new 2014 EC70 from Universal Cycles for $100, but YMMV. I did a price match on Universal's 720mm 2014 EC70 to the Pricepoint $59 older 685mm version, and although the price match initially went through, they later contacted me to say they couldn't do the match since they were different products, but they offered me $100 for their 720mm version, which I thought was fair, so that's what I bought.

mtbr member
    I have these on one of my bikes and like them. Not as wide as some of the newer stuff, but work well for me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Just noticed that Western Bike Works has the new 2014 EC70 (720mm length) on sale for $109:

Easton EC70 Riser MTB Handlebar at WesternBikeworks

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I just paid $66.67 for the 2013 dark version, high rise, including free shipping but tax was included, shipped to a California address. Thanks for the great info.

ouch....
    Mine just showed up today, looks nice and pretty light to boot. Def not the widest out there, but I'm currently on 660mm so this should be nice.
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Did I wait too long on this? Looks like shipping is no longer free, they ding you for $10!

EDIT: Nevermind, got the code "THEBIGSALE" to work for free shipping still!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'm glad you were able to resurrect the free shipping with the code. I remembered an email from last month which explicitly stated that free shipping was a new, consistent policy (graphic below) so it would have been irritating for Pricepoint to bail on that commitment so soon.

Easton EC70 Carbon bars-pricepoint.png
    Easton EC70 Carbon bars-pricepoint2.png

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm glad you were able to resurrect the free shipping with the code. I remembered an email from last month which explicitly stated that free shipping was a new, consistent policy (graphic below) so it would have been irritating for Pricepoint to bail on that commitment so soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pricepoint.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	887663
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pricepoint2.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	206.7 KB 
ID:	887666
    I see......just tried again, without the code, charges me for ground shipping, over $50.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I have the skinny on that. I placed an order this morning and got charged over $15 to ship some seatposts. I remember the email saying free shipping is permanent, and when I got home the banner saying "free shipping" was actually still on my computer. So...I called up pricepoint and asked what the deal was. The customer service girl was very nice and credited me the shipping, but she said that the free shipping "promo" ended. I said that I remembered the email saying it was permanent and she said that "they" (meaning management) changed their minds. I said that it looked bad and that it was being talked about in the forums already. She had kind of an "of crap" tone at that point and said she'd pass that on to management. She was very nice and kind of indicated that the customer service reps get caught in between that kind of stuff. So there it is, permanent means a couple weeks.
    Last edited by n74740; 04-22-2014 at 04:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Wow, that is pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by n74740 View Post
    I have the skinny on that. I placed an order this morning and got charged over $15 to ship some seatposts. I remember the email saying free shipping is permanent, and when I got home the banner saying "free shipping" was actually still on my computer. So...I called up pricepoint and asked what the deal was. The customer service girl was very nice and credited me the shipping, but she said that the free shipping "promo" ended. I said that I remembered the email saying it was permanent and she said that "they" (meaning management) changed their minds. I said that it looked bad and that it was being talked about in the forums already. She was had an "of crap" tone at that point and said she'd pass that on to management. She was very nice and kind of indicated that the customer service reps get caught in between that kind of stuff. So there it is, permanent means a couple weeks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Do all the carbon bars come painted black? I'd like the carbon look..

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    It is a pretty sad reflection on Pricepoint to make such an overt, aggressive statement ("not for a limited time, for good!"), sending a mass email to emphasize this very point, and then bail on it a month later.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    Did I wait too long on this? Looks like shipping is no longer free, they ding you for $10!

EDIT: Nevermind, got the code "THEBIGSALE" to work for free shipping still!!!
    ya code's not working either.. though it shows in the header!!

Easton EC70 Carbon bars-freeshipping-.jpg
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I think pricepoint is wallowing. They're not the go-to shop anymore and starting to do things very wrong.

Did I do that?"
    May 2013
    Maybe its a glitch or they screwed something up while redoing the site... Lets give them some time to fix it

mtbr member
    May 2005

free shipping

Yeah, mine is still showing the banner too.

Did I do that?"
    May 2013
    Clear your cookies

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    if their set up needs me to clear my cookies to make an order.... well then they should honor it as it's their issue
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    well, on the phone with them ... sat for a bit then got the "we'd like to call you back on this instead of keeping you on hold"....

soo we'll see...?

(EDIT)

got the call back.. getting the free shipping.. just this once.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    It's insane that Pricepoint would rescind the shipping policy after such a brief period of time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast