Redcoat

East Coast (USA) Bike stores?

I live in New Jersey and I order from Jenson a lot. Thing is im getting tired of the fact they are in CA and their shoddy delivery times. Are there any similar online stores that are based on the East Coast?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Shoddy delivery times?! I have placed several orders from Jenson this year, and they always shipped same-day or next-day, for free. Maybe the problem is with UPS or FedEx deliveries to NJ, but I know my last order was placed on a Wednesday and was delivered to my office before I left work Friday.
    Justin
    Salt Lake City
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29
    2006 Specialized Allez Expert Double

Redcoat
    Quote Originally Posted by authalic View Post
    Shoddy delivery times?! I have placed several orders from Jenson this year, and they always shipped same-day or next-day, for free. Maybe the problem is with UPS or FedEx deliveries to NJ, but I know my last order was placed on a Wednesday and was delivered to my office before I left work Friday.
    I placed an order last week, didnt get any shipping confirmation, today i sent them an email and they tell me what i ordered wont be available till 13 Sep to then ship! this is not the first time this has happened either. They are good a lot of the times but this has happened a few times now.

Do you live on the east coast? what delivery option do you choose?

mtbr member
    Performance is east coast (NC). Wouldn't choose a retailer on that basis personally, but to each their own.

Another option for you is Art's Cyclery, west coast but free 2-day shipping over $175 and free return shipping.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I'm in Utah, so I benefit from a lot more proximity to Jenson. I have always used their standard free shipping whenever the order was big enough to qualify. I had a shipping confirmation from them on the day I placed the last 2 or 3 orders from them.

If I lived on the east coast, I'd probably use Chain Reaction Cycles more often. They ship from the UK, and it can take 10 to 14 days for orders to get to SLC through the Royal Mail and USPS.

Other than CRC, I get a lot of peripherals from Amazon. Their parts selection isn't as good as most dedicated shops. I always search Art's Cyclery, Tree Fort Bikes, Price Point, and Bluesky if I am looking for something very specific.
    Justin
    Salt Lake City
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29
    2006 Specialized Allez Expert Double

Redcoat
    K thanks for the info all.

k_z
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by authalic View Post
    How about a week from CA to OH ? That's how long it takes to get stuff to Cincinnati - order last Friday, delivered yesterday...

Flow
    Tree fort bikes (Michigan) and Bikeman (maine?) are closer to the east.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I have had good experiences with Tree Fort Bikes and Universal Cycles delivering to NJ.

mtbr member
    I also live in NJ and am generally fine with Jenon's shipping. In my experience, when they don't have something in stock they state a delivery estimate before you confirm your order. Several times they beat it, but they only have so much control over their suppliers.

Interplanetary Poultry
    I'm in Va and have always had good luck with PricePoint. Performance isn't bad either; of course I have a Performance store in my area that's fairly large (took over an old dept store).
    Editor In Chief, "Internet Tough Guy Magazine"
    "Home of Chuck Norris' Keyboard"

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Ditto PricePoint. I'm pretty sure they're West Coast based but my experiences from a shipping standpoint have all been positive.

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    Try Bell's Bike Shop: Bicycle, Bike items in bellsbikeshop store on eBay!
    Bell's Bike Shop - Philadelphia, PA

They don't have an online store other than their ebay store, but if you call them up, their service is awesome and it's very likely that they'll price match. as much as 80% of their business is from their ebay store, so they're very efficient in getting stuff out fast. (they are also an awesome, if not quirky LBS)
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    Try Bell's Bike Shop: Bicycle, Bike items in bellsbikeshop store on eBay!
    Bell's Bike Shop - Philadelphia, PA

They don't have an online store other than their ebay store, but if you call them up, their service is awesome and it's very likely that they'll price match. as much as 80% of their business is from their ebay store, so they're very efficient in getting stuff out fast. (they are also an awesome, if not quirky LBS)

And you can always grab a cheesesteak right down the street!

Huckin' trails

East Coast (USA) Bike stores?

Lol, you know all the parcel post goes to a central sorting facility before getting to your door ?

It has more to do with the structure of your local area and how zipcodes are spread across the region, etc. I live all summer long on the East Coast of Maryland, on the beach and for some Holly reason, I am pretty much first on the delivery list for all USPS, UPS and FedEx. Order from Maine using UPS ground on Monday, stuff is here on Wednesday. Order from Jenson with USPS standard, stuff get here in a few days. Order from China using EMS then to USPS, stuff is here in 6 days. Order from Colorado, get my stuff in 2 days, etc.

It's all about location location location
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!