Religion = Non-thinking

EA70 stem ~$22 (ebay)

RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I bought this same stem from Abaxo last year. The shipping is a little high, but the combined total is good and the product is really nice. I have purchased a half dozen things from this seller over the last two years and it has actually arrived just as promised.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Its Abaxo...
    His items are cheap, his shipping is steap and the seller is a total ass hole.

Religion = Non-thinking
    why is he an *******? i see that he has many items that i want
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have made all sorts of purchases from Abaxo (at least ten in the last two years) and the prices and service have been fantastic. He charges a lot less for the products and a little more for the shipping. If you don't like the system, you don't have to purchase his stuff. Nothing is hidden in the listings. I really don't understand why he evokes such criticism.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have bought tons of stuff from Abaxo. The total (S&H plus item price) has always been significantly lower than anywhere else on Ebay or the internet. Delivery has never taken more than 2-3 days, email answers have been quick, friendly and to the point and I have not had any disappointments.
    Sellers on eBay are forced to sell at low prices and move more to the S&H fees to avoid the 12%+ fees. The more $$ they move from item price to S&H, the lower the total is they can sell at. I see in many seller's feedback people complaining about high S&H fees. These days, someone who does not check the S&H fees before buying something on eBay has to be retarded.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I bought the same exact one from him and replaced it with a salsa stem 3 months later. I think it was way too flexy and creaked no mater what I did.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OuterNational
    Its Abaxo...

His items are cheap, his shipping is steap and the seller is a total ass hole.
    Thanks for the heads up

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Abaxo is legit, I've bought from him also on ebay. It's $22 probably because the stem is 120mm and there's new updates on the design, not a scam.

Religion = Non-thinking
    great, i won't hesitate making a purchase from him then
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Just bought a Cane Creek S-2 headset from abaxo. $23 total, paid on Wednesday, received on Friday. I almost bought it at Performance for $55 plus shipping. Would have probably taken a month to get here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Eh, Performance usually ships next day for me.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    [url]http://toolhaus.org[url]

Type "Abaxo" into the first box for a search.

Toolhaus is a very good indicator of assholness.

My general rule of thumb- any powerseller < 99% rating is best avoided.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

from an eBay seller's perspective

Womble, thanks for the link to that website, interesting tool. It makes my own accounts look pretty bad when you have all negatives on one page, but I guess that's true for about any account that does not have a 100% rating.
    I have been selling relatively large quantities of bicycle partss on eBay with two accounts over the past five years. Let's call them account A and account B.
    On account A, I sell only domestically, on account B I sell worldwide. Most items are sold on both accounts, pricing structure, customer service and most other things are similar.
    Account A currently has 99.3% positive feedback, account B has 98.1%. Account B was below 98% for a while, until about the time I started blocking certain countries (e.g. Italy).
    The DSRs (Detailed Seller Ratings) tell a similar story, much higher ratings on the "domestic" account.
    In other words, it makes a big difference if a seller sells only in the US or worldwide. I would not recommend using the "99% rule of thumb".
    There are numerous other factors that go into a seller's feedback score. Let's just say that certain buyer groups are not exactly the brightest or the most mature. If you look at sellers that are mainly dealing with books, you will find their ratings to be quite a bit higher than those dealing with let's say WWF/UFC gear or cell phone accessories. I realize there are yet other factors going into this, but you get my point.
    Sellers of more expensive and electronics items tend to get lower ratings, probably because buyers tend to expect more or things are more likely to break. Sellers of used items tend to get lower ratings, etc.

Although I am not a big fan of what has been happening on eBay recently (crazy high fees, pushing the "free shipping" BS to increase their profits), their changes have definitely had a positive impact on buyers. I also purchase a lot on eBay and have had far less trouble with items arriving other than described, shipping seems to have become quicker and sellers are generally friendlier.

I very much respect those sellers that can keep a 100% positive feedback. I try very hard, but it seems like those 1-2% leaving negatives are just simply morons or mentally unstable. You would not believe the kind of crap people are trying to pull. It mostly comes down to threads asking for "partial refund or you will get negative feedback" because of things like "it's not as white as shown in the photo", "the pedals bent on the first jump" or "the tire exploded at the gas station air pump". I am very flexible, but I am just not willing to give in to BS like that. I guess it's a bit about self respect for me. Maybe I am not greedy enough.