mtbr member
    Aug 2012

DX.com Dealextreme

Anyone buy anything bike related from them? I've bought a few small things. Couple items they have look interesting for the price. Especially the knock of clothing kits. $40 for a jersey and shorts is unbelievable.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I've bought a few bike lights from them over the years. Prices are great, but you wait for like 3 weeks while it is shipped on the slow boat from China. I am not sure if I would buy clothes from them.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I saw one guy sporting one of their get ups at a local bike ride here. Looked alright to be honest. But unless I hear from someone who has used a kit I will pass too. I'm eyeing the cycle computer though... 100 cheaper than I can find anywhere.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith View Post
    I've bought a few bike lights from them over the years.
    What lights did you buy and how did they perform? Did they last?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWiseFool View Post
    What lights did you buy and how did they perform? Did they last?
    I got two of these, I've had them for 2 years and they're great.
    MagicShine MJ-808E HA-III CREE XM-LT60 3-Mode 1000-Lumen LED Bike Light Set (4x18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I also have two of these. These things are great, makes it like daytime out on the trail. I have had these for one year and they are working great.
    MagicShine MJ-872 Waterproof 4-CREE XP-G 4-Mode 1600-Lumen LED Bike Light with Battery Pack Set - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

Master Shredder
    Their schit is absolute garbage; everything.
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Back to the Future

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mk.ultra View Post
    really, you've tried everything? the lights I've bought and the lights others I know have bought have been working well.

Nor­wegr
    DX is great, lots of bargains on there. Though as mentioned not all of it has the best quality. Read the on-site reviews before buying and you're good to go in most cases

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I purchased my bike bell from them. Only $2 and 2 month shipping time. The bell internals started to rust up the first time I washed the bike and the bell stopped working. I got it going again with some WD-40. I think it is the same bell that REI sells for $9.99. Other stuff I have purchased from them has been junk as well... Mainly just the flashlights (hand held) and li-ion batteries. Non bike related stuff like digital calipers and micrometers, etc have been killer deals.
    Killing it with close inspection.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe3 View Post
    really, you've tried everything? the lights I've bought and the lights others I know have bought have been working well.
    I also brought lights from them and they worked good.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'd rate it as a lot of junk with some jewels in the rough. If you find something with lots of positive reviews, then I'd say go for it. Otherwise, a roll of the dice.

I've bought knock off lights from them and have been very happy. You can be riding in complete daylight for <$100. On the flipside though, I won't charge the batteries within 100ft of anything flammable.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I've bought quite a bit of stuff from dealextreme. You have to realize that you're getting Chinese stuff for cheap. But a lot of times, what you get in big name stores is the same stuff, re-branded, and sold for 2-10x as much. Read the reviews, and accept that it's the Chinese lottery.

I bought the 1000 lumen magic shine light listed above, and it has worked out quite well for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm thinking of getting their 30 dollar chain breaker tool. It looks like pro quality at a very good price. Anyone have experience with it?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mk.ultra View Post
    sure, it's all made in chine. They are not known for quality products... but for the price they charge you can't expect much.

Conclusion, some real bargains there that are decent quality, you just have to look for them and be lucky.