parts leftover

DT Swiss 240s/4.2d wheelset $530

I just picked up a set of these from Bicycle Wheel Warehouse.
    http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com...d&productId=59
    Granted, they are machine built, but with excellent components. 240s disc hubs, competition butted spokes, and 4.2d welded rims. The website lists them at 1551g, but I weighed mine at home on a digital hanging scale at 1540g. It's the whole wheelset for the price of the 240s hubs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    ive gotten two sets of wheels from them (XT/717) and have nothing but good things to say. the prices are great, shipping is fast, and customer service is superb. the build quality is also good - i havent had to do much to my wheels for the past year other than the occasional minor truing.

my next set of wheels will be from them.

mtbr member
    Nice Wheels....Enjoy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just got the exact set the other day. I think the 1558 grams was with the skewers. Ditto on the customer service. Jesse.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Same here. Got a set of XT/mavic 717 wheels from them about 8 months ago. They have been excellent. Will certainly buy from them again.

parts leftover
    I'm still a happy customer. The DT Swiss wheels stayed nice and true on the first ride and are quite a bit stiffer than the Crosslands they replaced. The Continental Verticals mounted true on the rim, and the rotors don't seem to rub when cornering. I'm anxious to do some real climbing and see how they accelerate, but there is still too much snow around on the trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsepro
    Same here. Got a set of XT/mavic 717 wheels from them about 8 months ago. They have been excellent. Will certainly buy from them again.
    How is that wheel treating you?
    Any big jump in performance for getting xtr with mavic 717? I think it is about $100 extra.

parts leftover
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm2us
    How is that wheel treating you?
    Any big jump in performance for getting xtr with mavic 717? I think it is about $100 extra.
    The wheels are great! I did a 15 mi ride today over some nasty babyhead rocks and a couple of small jumps. They are stiff, true, and tracked great through the twisties. For what it's worth, I think the Crossmax ST wheels that I have on another bike may be a little stiffer, BUT, the ST hub a 20mm TA, so I can't really legitimately compare.

The deal with the 08 XTRs is that they are supposed to be 145g and 270g, so claimed weight is slightly lower than the DT Swiss 240s hubs. However, the claimed weight for this year's XT hubs were WAY off. They were actually much heavier. They have more points of engagement this year (32 or 36), the DTs are 18. The word is that the 240s may be more durable, I've heard of at least one 08 XTR rear hub cracking so far. Mavic rims are great and virtually the same weight as the DT 4.2d. Bicycle wheel warehouse lists the 965 (07) XTR hubs with Mavic 717 as being 100g more than the 240s, and their numbers are nearly spot on. For my money, I picked Swiss handiwork.