AKA. Molasses
    Aug 2006

Does Performance match prices? Is Perf Team worth it?

I was wondering a couple of things about performance:

Do they do any price matching?

And, are the member only deals that good? Is it worth it becoming a member?

Thanks
    Javier

mtbr member
    Yes
    Yes

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    dude its only $20....you can recap that on shipping upgrades/specials/10%back real quick. not too mention, they have a 100% money back life time guarantee!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

10 - 20% discounts with price match

When performance is running a special 10% or 20% discount, will they allow you to apply the discount to an item you are asking them to price match?

-Peter

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I am not sure about coupling discounts and price matches, but they will often have sales (on items already below MSRP) at 10-40% off, then sometimes there is a members coupon that is available too. Add on the 10% back in points and you are golden like a shower.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    You can either price match or apply a coupon, but not both. This is my personal experience and I have tried to both a couple times with no luck. As far as joining, if you plan to spend alot, the extra money can be nice. I bought my girlfriend a bike and the 10% back amounted to a few accessories and a helmet.

mtbr member
    How do you price match with performance?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swinkey
    How do you price match with performance?
    The easiest is over the phone.

AKA. Molasses
    Aug 2006

Over the phone

I did it over the phone. They told me they would contact me if it was not accepted (the lady who does it was not in at the time, I was told). Next thing I know, a bike shows up at my door.

Javier

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I happen to live within 15 minutes of three different Performance Bike shops. I have purchased three bikes there and find its good for small parts and accessories and occassionally bigger parts like rims and tires. Recently I noticed they had a few NIB 05' Reba Race 115mm forks w/poplock on the shelf. I offered the manager $250 for one and she accepted . As a Team performance member I have already earned several hundred dollars back from my purchases. So its good if you will purchase enough to take advantage of the benefit.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    the 10% back rules. And, you get a free, authentic subscription to Bicycling and Mountain Bike. That right there is over $20 bucks. It's cool to get the mags every month, I wouldn't normally waste my money on Bicycling...but it feels free!

It is worth it if you go there more than once or twice a year.

mtbr member
    the shipping upgrade alone is worth the $20 fee
    there standard shipping is very slow in my area

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3034
    the shipping upgrade alone is worth the $20 fee
    That is if they every remember to apply the upgraded shipping. They seemed to screw that up on a very regular basis. In all honesty, I try to avoid doing any business with them unless its a screaming-deal, which they occasionally have.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I've just paid the $20 online to join, Do I get something in the post with my membership number then have to use that to get the upgraded shipping? Or will it automatically get linked to my account?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    I've just paid the $20 online to join, Do I get something in the post with my membership number then have to use that to get the upgraded shipping? Or will it automatically get linked to my account?
    In theory, it SHOULD post automatically.
    But when I ordered the membership, and placed an order, and I was charged for the shipping.

That got me a free membership, because I brought it to their attention.

So, you might want to send them an email, or put it in the order details...

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Where do I get the "Team Performance" number from though, as the first stage of checkout asks for it?

TIA

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    you will get a whole packet in the mail with a card, and all that. Did you put your team number in the spot when you checked out? I'm assuming so.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Oh yeah, I called and asked them when I went thru this - it is sent thru the mail. You won't have it until then.

I would suggest that you process an order for team p seperate from your overall order, and then in the second (parts/clothing/whatever) order, reference team p purchase and order number that corresponded with that. Demand upgraded shipping for free and the like. Make sure that they add that value onto your team p points.

If they fail to actually upgrade teh shipping when you provided those specific instructions, they will refund your team p.

Was that a Bobcat?
    Having the membership is great.... for the 10% back deal. However I have tried to get them to match a couple deals from pricepoint.com and blueskycycling.com and they couldn't do it.